Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing yellow card

Options
  • 29-04-2018 9:58am
    Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭

I have followed protocol and messaged the mod and have not been able to come to agreement.

I received a yellow card in the trump thread in the politics section for pointing out the highly partisan nature of the thread, it has become a complete circle jerk with dissenting voices crushed, this is enforced by all moderators also being incredibly partisan and I mean that, it's incredible to me that every moderator in a section as polarised as politics are all of the same left wing, liberal pro democrat persuasion.

I know yous don't like people pointing out examples of moderators not sanctioning/sanctioning other users as examples in here but I must point out the bias in order to defend my appeal here. Though there are many examples in that thread of users being banned etc for taking anything other than a anti-trump stance I will keep it short and give you one clear example.

I get a sanction for saying the thread has a circle jerk atmosphere and a few posts later this goes without comment...
    If I kept making a tit of myself and was a dishonest person, I'd probably keep making new accounts too.
    Personal attacks and accusations of being a rereg all am sure you will agree far worse that pointing out the thread was a very closed talking shop. I know yous will say that the mods can't see every post and just missed that one but there are many more examples I can link if you want of abusive/rule breaking posts "missed" yet not a single time have they "missed" the chance to sanction a dissenting voice post, that cannot be coincidence. This bullying shouldn't be happening on boards and the toxic atmosphere needs to be investigated.

I am also going to ask the help desk for input on this as I believe a wider conversation needs to happen, thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Seeing as you already tried to hash things out with the mod in question, I'll make the CMods aware of your appeal. However, I would strongly suggest that you take your own advice here, and use the thread to appeal your card, rather than using it as a soapbox to bitch about moderators/moderating.

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

mike_ie wrote: »
    Seeing as you already tried to hash things out with the mod in question, I'll make the CMods aware of your appeal. However, I would strongly suggest that you take your own advice here, and use the thread to appeal your card, rather than using it as a soapbox to bitch about moderators/moderating.

Any ideas how I can point out a culture of mod bias and bullying without showing clear examples of It? Anyway not holding out much hope now after your "bitch" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Pepefrogok wrote: »
    Any ideas how I can point out a culture of mod bias and bullying without showing clear examples of It?

My point stands - this is not the purpose of dispute resolution - its purpose is to argue the validity of your yellow card, no more, no less.

If you wish to complain about some aspect of moderation in a broader sense, that's what the helpdesk is for - I see you've already opened a thread there.

I've informed the CMods - one will deal with your appeal as soon as they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Re-reg of sitebanned poster.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement