Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car and House Break In around South Douglas Road

Options
  • 29-04-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭

Just want people to be extra careful if living around this area.

Last night I saw 3 Young Lads try Break into a house and also they got into 3 Vehicles on the Parking Lanes by the Douglas Community School. All around 8pm

All I could do was approach them and they just ran off, and even if I had done something I most likely been one arrested.

If anybody had any lost property or noticed something strange about House or Car, I be happy give you description.

Just ask people make sure your doors are locked and all belongings with them.

Go to the Guards? I be wasting my time in my experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

So you didn't call the Gardaí when you saw people breaking in to a house?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

TheChizler wrote: »

Read it again I would suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No cause from my past experience Guards would either

A. Not arrive
    B. Stroll up about 45 minutes strolling along with heads that could not care less..

I'm just asking people to be careful and if somebody did have something taken I could tell them who they were and roughly where they live.

That's all. Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

You'd interfere with their tea break.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Always report a crime.

They could investigate using CCTV or may well know the group and need public's help.

Report it today and say you seen what you did.

• Advertisement

No cause from my past experience Guards would either

A. Not arrive
    B. Stroll up about 45 minutes strolling along with heads that could not care less..

I'm just asking people to be careful and if somebody did have something taken I could tell them who they were and roughly where they live.

That's all. Anything else?
    And I've had experiences of calling them and they've turned up within 5 minutes and arrested the f*****s. Surely it's more responsible to call them and whether they turn up or not is out of your hands, rather than ensuring they don't, as you did.

We were broken into years ago and were incredibly grateful of the neighbours who witnessed it and called the guards.

Hopefully your description can help someone if they did take something.

mean gene wrote: »
    I don't follow.

mean gene wrote: »

They didn't do nothin......

Maybe you needs to read it again....

And I've had experiences of calling them and they've turned up within 5 minutes and arrested the f*****s. Surely it's more responsible to call them and whether they turn up or not is out of your hands, rather than ensuring they don't, as you did.

We were broken into years ago and were incredibly grateful of the neighbours who witnessed it and called the guards.

Hopefully your description can help someone if they did take something.

I totally understand your frustration. My GF place was broken into about 3 months ago.. When I lived in Dublin we had houses around us broken into.

In those 4 or 5 instances the 2 examples I gave happened.

You're right and I really should ring Guards but I have been left pretty much in limbo by them few too many times that I could not be bothered anymore.

Hence why I posted it here.

I'm 100% that nothing would happen anyway, but I might take your advice and give description later to Guards when I'm free.

I totally understand your frustration. My GF place was broken into about 3 months ago.. When I lived in Dublin we had houses around us broken into.

In those 4 or 5 instances the 2 examples I gave happened.

You're right and I really should ring Guards but I have been left pretty much in limbo by them few too many times that I could not be bothered anymore.

Hence why I posted it here.

I'm 100% that nothing would happen anyway, but I might take your advice and give description later to Guards when I'm free.

Please do as each crime will show there is a problem and hopefully give more to show they need more resources.

If they ask why you didn't ring and you feel bad let's say just say phone was dead etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Report and wonder who will protect you when any of these scrotes identify you as the person who reported them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Last night I saw 3 Young Lads try Break into a house and also they got into 3 Vehicles on the Parking Lanes by the Douglas Community School. All around 8pm

Just want people to be extra careful if living around this area.

All I could do was approach them and they just ran off, and even if I had done something I most likely been one arrested.

If anybody had any lost property or noticed something strange about House or Car, I be happy give you description.

Go to the Guards? I be wasting my time in my experience.

Just ask people make sure your doors are locked and all belongings with them.

It would have been more in your line to report what you saw to the Gardai.
    Rather than coming on and scare mongering.

It's not scare mongering. Im just asking people may e to be extra careful.

That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

kub wrote: »
    It would have been more in your line to report what you saw to the Gardai.
    Rather than coming on and scare mongering.

More concerned with the poster than the people who were carrying out a crime.
    Scare mongering? Dear Lord help you.

It's not scare mongering. Im just asking people may e to be extra careful.

That's all.
    More concerned with the poster than the people who were carrying out a crime.
    Scare mongering? Dear Lord help you.

Gentlemen here is a meaning from the Cambridge Dictionary

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scaremonger

As for having concern for one party over another, I feel the OP's first course of action would have been to inform Gardai.
    How anyone can assume how long they get to the scene of an incident is beyond me.

Gentlemen here is a meaning from the Cambridge Dictionary
    I also know when someone is being hysterical/melodramatic for no reason. You must hide behind the couch when the newsreader is speaking.

I also know when someone is being hysterical/melodramatic for no reason. You must hide behind the couch when the newsreader is speaking.

As I said previously, i feel the OP's time would have been better spent calling the Gardai in the first instance.

As for what i do while the newsreader is speaking, well that is none of your concern. But thank you for it regardless.

As I said previously, i feel the OP's time would have been better spent calling the Gardai in the first instance.

As for what i do while the newsreader is speaking, well that is none of your concern. But thank you for it regardless.
    Actually you also said the OP was scaremongering, which was totally overly dramatic.
    It is of course no concern of mine, but if you’re that precious about a post simply warning of such activities; maybe you should show concern for yourself.

Actually you also said the OP was scaremongering, which was totally overly dramatic.
    It is of course no concern of mine, but if you’re that precious about a post simply warning of such activities; maybe you should show concern for yourself.

Actually to be precise I did say as well that the OP was indeed scaremongering, which was factual.

Why would i need to show concern for myself on a public forum?

Actually to be precise I did say as well that the OP was indeed scaremongering, which was factual.
    Maybe in your head. You being frighten doesn't mean that others were.
    Why would i need to show concern for myself on a public forum?
    You can do it offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Man on internet has argument with himself.

Maybe in your head. You being frighten doesn't mean that others were.

In an earlier post I put in a link to the meaning of a certain word.

As for me I was not frightened or as you suggested frighten??????

In an earlier post I put in a link to the meaning of a certain word.
    "that cause public fear"
    You think it spread fear? Ok.
    As for me I was not frightened or as you suggested frighten??????
    Sorry for the typo. On phone, didn't know you were a member of the spelling police. Although you don't seem upset at your own spelling mistakes.

You weren't frightened, doesn't appear that anyone else was frightened; not really much public fear spread, was there?

I must say that the ignore function on boards, which i have just now used for the first time, is very handy.

All the best Munstermagic.

I must say that the ignore function on boards, which i have just now used for the first time, is very handy.

All the best Munstermagic.
    Well, you ignore your own spelling mistakes (while pointing out others), so you’ve been on ignore for a while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Well, you ignore your own spelling mistakes (while pointing out others), so you’ve been on ignore for a while :D

When people quote the person you just put on ignore...

Advertisement