Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a .ie domain

Options
  • 29-04-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm looking to register two domain names and went to

https://www.iedr.ie/register-a-domain/how-to-register-a-ie-domain/

Actual content will be added at a later (possibly much later) date but i wanted to secure the website names.

I was wondering if there are any pitfalls i should look out for?
    Does it matter which registrar i go with as the present multiple companies?

Cheers, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

.ie doesnt have domain privacy. Registering them makes your personal info public to whoever knows the domain name.

Company doesnt matter really. We aren't allowed to recommend registrars as per boards rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

ED E wrote: »
    .ie doesnt have domain privacy. Registering them makes your personal info public to whoever knows the domain name.

Company doesnt matter really. We aren't allowed to recommend registrars as per boards rules.

Really, so my home address will be visible to whoever wants to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Really, so my home address will be visible to whoever wants to see it?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

From iedr
    Irrespective of whether the Registrant is a private individual (natural person) or is a legal person or another form of organisation, the Registrant agrees that IEDR may publish the following information in its Whois facility;

the full legal name of the Registrant;
    the name of the Admin Contact person for the Registrant;
    the Nic Handle specified by IEDR associated with the Admin Contact of the Registrant;
    The name of the Tech Contact person for the Registrant.

.ie will not show your address, .ie is a lot more private compared to a .com without whoisguard/protect.

Advertisement