Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance certificate

Options
  • 29-04-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi lads I was stopped by the Gards today and I must produce an insurance cert in ten days the problem is he said the stuff carol nash sent me is all by email but he needs an original copy which I never got.
    Do Carol Nash normally post insurance cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    Hi lads I was stopped by the Gards today and I must produce an insurance cert in ten days the problem is he said the stuff carol nash sent me is all by email but he needs an original copy which I never got.
    Do Carol Nash normally post insurance cert?

Get onto them and tell them that you need a cert posted ASAP. The insurance companies save a few quid by only emailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just print it out. Nearly all bike insurers send PDF copy. They'll just print the PDF they sent you. Same difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

He's probably confused with actual insurance disks. I had that from a Garda a couple of times until I politely informed them that bikes don't have them and it's just paper work.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Ring them, they'll send one out.

You're paying them enough without doing their administration work for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Dropped in a print out of insurance to the station tonight, they took it but they said they need original by right. Thanks lads, must buy a tax disk holder to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Philipx wrote: »
    Ring them, they'll send one out.

You're paying them enough without doing their administration work for them as well.

Funny you should mention that: my SO changed bikes on her policy this week. €6 change in cover, can't complain.

The €45 administration charge for it otoh........... :mad::mad::mad:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    Dropped in a print out of insurance to the station tonight, they took it but they said they need original by right. Thanks lads, must buy a tax disk holder to.

No you don't need to: the printed one IS an original.

What they'll send you is the same document.

Even my car one - with the green disc - came by email this year & last year.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »

What they'll send you is the same document.

Even my car one - with the green disc - came by email this year & last year.

The usual waffle guard hasn't a clue.

And the majority of government forms spit out this original nonsense when nearly every utility provider has moved to paperless billing. Time these lads woke up.

reminds me of a needing a utility bill for a credit union transaction a while ago, CU = Credit Union, Me=Me :)

CU: have you a utility bill ?
    Me: On my phone, yes.
    CU: No, we need a printed one
    Me: Have you a printer, and I can print if for you ?
    CU: No, we need an original
    Me: That IS an original. There is no hardcopy, like the banking, it's all in an App
    CU: The rules say we must have an original...
    Me: I can go home and get one (print it off on my printer that is), will that do you ?
    CU: Yes...........

....omg, I mean, really ??

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

This

If the guards have a question about its authenticity they can call the insurance company to confirm coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

This is crazy. Where do they think an "original" cert comes from? A printer.

emo72 wrote: »

Days gone by i think they could determine an original sent from office versus home printing. but printers now are so good that original is utterly meaningless and needs to be removed from forms. It makes no difference anyone with MS Paint could put together fake documents. The law is there to prosecute those that do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

emo72 wrote: »

The original from the insurance company is supposed to have a green line as a watermark in it. I haven't received a watermarked insurance cert in years it's alway been just a print out.
    reminds me of a needing a utility bill for a credit union transaction a while ago, CU = Credit Union, Me=Me :)

CU: have you a utility bill ?
    Me: On my phone, yes.
    CU: No, we need a printed one
    Me: Have you a printer, and I can print if for you ?
    CU: No, we need an original
    Me: That IS an original. There is no hardcopy, like the banking, it's all in an App
    CU: The rules say we must have an original...
    Me: I can go home and get one (print it off on my printer that is), will that do you ?
    CU: Yes...........

....omg, I mean, really ??

I had a time when I scanned a letter I got and the scan was too good they thought I'd sent them an attachment. Had to scan a 2nd time and leave the page off so they could see the edges!!

Advertisement