Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVI - Overwatch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpot wrote: »
    But in all seriousness BJ the necro idea of using a power with such a low payoff and potentially missing it later in the game is troubling.

Mick and Molly backing it up has my spider senses tingling... Give it’s offiial paranoia day I thought that Molly was trying to drop me in it by quoting all Pters posts. One of them was me accusIng Pter of being a wolf which felt a bit like fish bait! (Wolf dangling some information that they hope a villager will latch onto.).

These guys are seasoned players and I don’t feel they fully thought the power use today through. Not just that, Pter would be a good player for a verteran wolf led team to off... that’s all I have to date... along with the runs thanks to my extra coffee.

Now we are talking!

I dont see Necro as bad yet, be a very brave move to pull very early. Do wolves usually go balls to the ball so early?

If it was anyone other than Necro id say no, but he throws caution to the wind a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

thesuplexoffladder5wm.gif

I understand the post count and having a laugh side of it but yeah your one of the only people acting differently, I would imagine Necro is currently in peoples minds cos of the same thing with his suggesting someone else used a power on day 1.

I've read back on everything now but will have to go for dinner in a little bit then i'll be here for most of the evening. See if anyone else starts acting up. Don't think much can be read into the Pter choice but thats only because he didn't seem to have said much of substance in his 11 or so posts, if he had been accusing people that'd be different but it was just day 1 or 0 noise

True, Im free.......... free as a bird! Im happy with my play thus far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

But in all seriousness BJ the necro idea of using a power with such a low payoff and potentially missing it later in the game is troubling.

Mick and Molly backing it up has my spider senses tingling... Give it’s offiial paranoia day I thought that Molly was trying to drop me in it by quoting all Pters posts. One of them was me accusIng Pter of being a wolf which felt a bit like fish bait! (Wolf dangling some information that they hope a villager will latch onto.).

These guys are seasoned players and I don’t feel they fully thought the power use today through. Not just that, Pter would be a good player for a verteran wolf led team to off... that’s all I have to date... along with the runs thanks to my extra coffee.

I don't understand how you don't get the logic behind keeping the numbers up.

There was less of a chance of powers like EMPs etc being in play this morning for the revive to be effective. Tomorrow morning now when they hit someone everyone's powers could be useless and we're further up sh1t creek.

Experienced, logical play dictates that with no seer in play the villages best chance is to keep our numbers as high as possible.

Necrominus wrote: »

There was less of a chance of powers like EMPs etc being in play this morning for the revive to be effective. Tomorrow morning now when they hit someone everyone's powers could be useless and we're further up sh1t creek.

Experienced, logical play dictates that with no seer in play the villages best chance is to keep our numbers as high as possible.

Ive never played a game with no seer in the game, so it give wolves more opportunity to bull sh!t and make plays.......... which i love as an observer.

As a villager, i do not like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

kitten_k wrote: »
    Should be like editing posts - if you thank it, live with it!

On touch site, didn't intentionally unthank a post, I did thank his Rock gif and have rethanked it. Thanks for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭kitten_k

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Now we are talking!

I dont see Necro as bad yet, be a very brave move to pull very early. Do wolves usually go balls to the ball so early?

If it was anyone other than Necro id say no, but he throws caution to the wind a lot.

But the fact that it was such a bold move so early has most people thinking Necro must be good - which could be what eh wants as nobody thinks a wolf would make a play like that day 1

duffman13 wrote: »
    On touch site, didn't intentionally unthank a post, I did thank his Rock gif and have rethanked it. Thanks for everyone

Look at me, on my high horse about editing posts.......... Im rich!

Ive never played a game with no seer in the game, so it give wolves more opportunity to bull sh!t and make plays.......... which i love as an observer.

I've seen games played with no seer in play before, but not when the wolves have powers.

Generally it's plain vanilla wolves vs vanilla town (villagers) if there's no seer. It's a big disadvantage imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is this what a gif war between Necro and BJ would look like?

giphy.gif

duffman13 wrote: »

0a5482523389dcf041ba41202b34d227b10715c9cac2729219ed581c63e73b52.jpg

More like this :P

latest?cb=20151225071235

I've seen games played with no seer in play before, but not when the wolves have powers.

Generally it's plain vanilla wolves vs vanilla town (villagers) if there's no seer. It's a big disadvantage imo.

It breathes paranoia and the wolves can bull their way through.

I imagine their is no hidden roles, so it will limit the fake wolf claims.

giphy.gif

I assume BJ is Millhouse :p:p:p:p:p:p

giphy.gif

Damn Milhouse, i will shake the shackles of him one day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

@mods: can you clarify on Reinhardt. Op says he can protect from evil teams plural but at night. Can Reinhardt protection carry over to a reaper kill?
    -Reinhardt can use his shield to protect a player from the evils teams during the
    night.

I assume BJ is Millhouse :p:p:p:p:p:p

See the Simpsons game for more info!

It breathes paranoia and the wolves can bull their way through.

I imagine their is no hidden roles, so it will limit the fake wolf claims.

Nah sure there's 5 baddies, 7 NRVs and 6 roled players. Tis all in the OP. No makey uppy claims for you this game :P

Damn Milhouse, i will shake the shackles of him one day

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj_YiDLHm6LVq_P4JcY_qL56UfXT_mHHjS3ReFkBM7qkb6Q62O0A

Nah sure there's 5 baddies, 7 NRVs and 6 roled players. Tis all in the OP. No makey uppy claims for you this game :P

I know, im deeply sad.

Have to cheer myself up by getting you killed though.

Its business, not personal.

• Advertisement

More like this :P

I never got to have it out with that fecker John on thread in the last dream I had

72f4d2397594430c7d251a5d2655e8fe73de8e6d.gif

Mick , Drumpot, Fixxer .... anything to say on this mornings transpirings?

Necro is the reaper, I think his plan this morning had merit and maths wise stacked up, so looks like he is team village but his post about the reaper getting hard done by is just way suss

Not much in any of Pete's post so deffo points to an experienced ww team

I've no idea what your at but I never do, but spamming the thread trying to beat macros record isn't very helpful, it had crossed my mind you are both on the same team but as it doesn't stack up with my first thoughts your just slightly on my naughty list

See the Simpsons game for more info!

Yea I know you done something in that game, must look at it when I get time! Getting nothing done in work today!

Necro is the reaper, I think his plan this morning had merit and maths wise stacked up, so looks like he is team village but his post about the reaper getting hard done by is just way suss

Not much in any of Pete's post so deffo points to an experienced ww team

I've no idea what your at but I never do, but spamming the thread trying to beat macros record isn't very helpful, it had crossed my mind you are both on the same team but as it doesn't stack up with my first thoughts your just slightly on my naughty list

They just need one WW vet.

We do (sort of) have a seer. However to use our partial seer we would have to sacrifice our bodyguard. They would also loose their seer capability once doomfist dies. BG should be able to confirm one player is not talon at this point, or at least when they next go to protect

I know, im deeply sad.

Have to cheer myself up by getting you killed though.

Its business, not personal.

GMG6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yea I know you done something in that game, must look at it when I get time! Getting nothing done in work today!

It's brilliant, read it in conjunction with the backrooms, I did it a few weeks ago and it's pretty funny along with devious. Takes a while though

I ain't no Reaper. I'm firmly team village

Basically I was new, my first game and way out of my depth.

I jumped in on day 2, and Tigger, who was the priest, had already came out and said Milhouse was dead.

I felt Tigger was bad, so came out as Milhouse. Tigger was in fact good.

Tigger thought I was purposefully killing the game and went nuts and all hell broke loose.

Also I was the BG that game.

I'm the same, just too lazy to look back over games I haven't played in, those things are long. Thought I could get it out of him earlier on thread but he keeps eluding to it so... he's Milhouse
    tenor.gif?itemid=5653229

• Advertisement

But sure a reaper would say that. Your post means nothing

tumblr_lbqn4yfnnH1qb9vsro1_500.gif

But sure a reaper would say that. Your post means nothing

Okay Willie :P

tritium wrote: »
    We do (sort of) have a seer. However to use our partial seer we would have to sacrifice our bodyguard. They would also loose their seer capability once doomfist dies. BG should be able to confirm one player is not talon at this point, or at least when they next go to protect

That's risky as Reinhardt would die if he protects a second wolf.

They just need one WW vet.

How experienced are you talking with regards a vet, like you or Necro type vet (:pac:) or what? tbh bar one or two these seem like the same names from every other game to me.

Okay Willie :P

tenor.gif

How experienced are you talking with regards a vet, like you or Necro type vet (:pac:) or what? tbh bar one or two these seem like the same names from every other game to me.

Nope, you'd be well up on things now to be a Vet.

Necros an Addict not a Vet. Kill him before WW kills his reality

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yea player levels are very low today! Wonder where everyone is. Must be still digesting Pter.

I'm struggling to keep up with all the gif nonsense tbh. Makes me mor einclined to skip pages, and there's nothing of substance to discuss then.

And in the process, we'd have got two wolves, right?

I dont believe you.gif

• Advertisement

I guess it's a one time seer type thing but I guess thats also good for us because if he protects and does not get injured then whoever he protected should be good right?

Strawbs is on my suss list for being defensive about her pasta sauce from "scratch"..... way too defensive

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm struggling to keep up with all the gif nonsense tbh. Makes me mor einclined to skip pages, and there's nothing of substance to discuss then.

Not unless Reinhardt tells us beforehand who he is going to protect, as he won't be able too when he is dead.

Apologies, the gifs shall reduce in number.

If Reinhardt has come out before that then yes. If not then we'd have a fat lot of nothing.

And that's IF he learns he protected a wolf... which I'm not certain he does.

That’s correct. Reinhardt has the trickiest role this game. Normally BG should just stay hidden but assuming they learn if they’ve been injured by doomfist it’s less clear cut here. BG protects can potentially segregate the game into talon and the rest which is useful later in the game

Quiet you, you love a good gif!

• Advertisement

I guess it's a one time seer type thing but I guess thats also good for us because if he protects and does not get injured then whoever he protected should be good right?

Almost, could also be reaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I just think it’s a power that potentially works better for the village when we have all found our feet!

Also why did you wait until 9.59 to post the suggestion? Giving the player 20 mins to panic use the power. Seems like needlessly putting the player with the power under pressure. Might of also made wolves second guess their pick if they thought it would be used.

I just think it’s a power that potentially works better for the village when we have all found our feet!

Also why did you wait until 9.59 to post the suggestion? Giving the player 20 mins to panic use the power. Seems like needlessly putting the player with the power under pressure. Might of also made wolves second guess their pick if they thought it would be used.

See this is why you gots to study the OP, my friend.

Had I done it earlier, EMP goes off, no powers for the day for anyone. Or that's how I saw it anyways.

The save would be blocked and the plan would be pointless.

Strawbs is on my suss list for being defensive about her pasta sauce from "scratch"..... way too defensive

That was Molly, strawberry is too busy searching for her missing clothes

See this is why you gots to study the OP, my friend.

Had I done it earlier, EMP goes off, no powers for the day for anyone. Or that's how I saw it anyways.

The save would be blocked and the plan would be pointless.

I cant see the wolves using their EMP that early on day one

• Advertisement
Advertisement