Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVI - Overwatch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

kitten_k wrote: »
    That was Molly, strawberry is too busy searching for her missing clothes

Could of sworn it was Strawbs

That was Molly, strawberry is too busy searching for her missing clothes

Her fella is 100 percent hiding the dress on her for the craic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I cant see the wolves using their EMP that early on day one

But why not, guaranteed kill tomorrow and they pause Reaper (I think) as a result. You can't say it wouldn't be a clever way to start off the game giving them a decent run of kills without being stopped.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quiet you, you love a good gif!

I do but I prefer to know when to use muscles and when to not :P

206.gif

Necrominus wrote: »
    But why not, guaranteed kill tomorrow and they pause Reaper (I think) as a result. You can't say it wouldn't be a clever way to start off the game giving them a decent run of kills without being stopped.

I think it be too rash to do it so early, would they not wait until a BG targeted them or another reason Im not saying in case they havent thought of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Strawbs is on my suss list for being defensive about her pasta sauce from "scratch"..... way too defensive

Excuse me, that was my pasta sauce. And of course I'm gonna get defensive about it! I'm not gonna let anyone slander me by insinuating that I use dolmio sauce for my Bolognese. *shudder*

I think it be too rash to do it so early, would they not wait until a BG targeted them or another reason Im not saying in case they havent thought of it.

I don't know, I'm not a wolf :pac:

I didn't want it to be a factor in my plan is what I was trying to explain, hence the 9.59am reveal. You can disagree with that but the logic behind the plan is solid.

Or was :(

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Excuse me, that was my pasta sauce. And of course I'm gonna get defensive about it! I'm not gonna let anyone slander me by insinuating that I use dolmio sauce for my Bolognese. *shudder*

Lies you Jar buying monster!

I don't know, I'm not a wolf :pac:

I didn't want it to be a factor in my plan is what I was trying to explain, hence the 9.59am reveal. You can disagree with that but the logic behind the plan is solid.

Or was :(

But you know how a wolf may think, as do I. I find it odd that you cant put yourself in a wolfs shoes.

I can as Ive previously been a wolf, as have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

The use of the emp at that stage would be good for the village imho. It slows reaper and brings the kill rate down for a day. Net effect is the same in terms of numbers post lynch as a mercy save with no emp activated and we get one of their powers off the board. Am I missing something necro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Spag Bol is trashy, making your own sauce is not going to dress it up, unless you have Strawbs dress! :pac:

*runs

Kolido wrote: »
    Spag Bol is trashy, making your own sauce is not going to dress it up, unless you have Strawbs dress! :pac:

*runs

Now now, Spag Bol is delicious.

Maybe trashy the way Mol uses a jar of sugar called Dolmio.

You think? you know? you asked the mods in your backroom? which is it?

tritium wrote: »
    The use of the emp at that stage would be good for the village imho. It slows reaper and brings the kill rate down for a day. Net effect is the same in terms of numbers post lynch as a mercy save with no emp activated and we get one of their powers off the board. Am I missing something necro?

Exactly, would be better served being used later in the game. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.

tritium wrote: »

I suppose I didn't see it from that perspective, but the reason behind this morning in particular was to go into the lynch with a full contingent, and as I keep saying, a 95% chance of having a confirmed villager. The EMP confirms no one, bar blocking Reaper's kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just noticed in the OP, no rule 8? Anyone know why? An FFA today is gonna be based on the sum total if feck all. 560 posts of which 200 or so are gifs

I suppose I didn't see it from that perspective, but the reason behind this morning in particular was to go into the lynch with a full contingent, and as I keep saying, a 95% chance of having a confirmed villager. The EMP confirms no one, bar blocking Reaper's kill.

Edit - Not confirmed but 95% chance they are good.

Now now, lets not be quick to lynch Necro either. While misguided he could be a good egg.

Thats said

KILL NECRO! For his own good!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just noticed in the OP, no rule 8? Anyone know why? An FFA today is gonna be based on the sum total if feck all. 560 posts of which 200 or so are gifs

Like most FFAs on day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭kitten_k

duffman13 wrote: »

Day 1 FFAs never really have much of a basis anyway

Was a "full contingent" as vital today as, say, rezzing a possible rolled goodie later down the line?

Nature of night one vote is more often than not, its a crap shoot. Way, way better to keep the rez till a few nights in (if possible) to save someone who has at least role claimed and buy a powered goodie an extra day.

It sucks losing a goodie on day one, but there's a better chance this morning than any other that there was a shot taken in the dark; that pter was simply chosen cause he was a more experienced player, and hopefully not because they felt they saw a role claim. But ultimately it's better to lose an NRV, hopefully, that burn a rez on an NRV for the sake of one extra vote tonight.

Day 1 FFAs never really have much of a basis anyway

Nope.

Last game myself and Vale were up for it based on me "doing a task" I didnt do" and Vales Mayoral campaign.

KILL NECRO!

Think of his kids!

Think_of_the_children.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necro is the reaper, I think his plan this morning had merit and maths wise stacked up, so looks like he is team village but his post about the reaper getting hard done by is just way suss

Not much in any of Pete's post so deffo points to an experienced ww team

I've no idea what your at but I never do, but spamming the thread trying to beat macros record isn't very helpful, it had crossed my mind you are both on the same team but as it doesn't stack up with my first thoughts your just slightly on my naughty list

This does make some sense. But its day one, so im taking everything with a bit of salt n suspicion.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nope.

Last game myself and Vale were up for it based on me "doing a task" I didnt do" and Vales Mayoral campaign.

KILL NECRO!

And both were innocent. So im bit wary of reading too much into massive postings so early.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was a "full contingent" as vital today as, say, rezzing a possible rolled goodie later down the line?

Nature of night one vote is more often than not, its a crap shoot. Way, way better to keep the rez till a few nights in (if possible) to save someone who has at least role claimed and buy a powered goodie an extra day.

It sucks losing a goodie on day one, but there's a better chance this morning than any other that there was a shot taken in the dark; that pter was simply chosen cause he was a more experienced player, and hopefully not because they felt they saw a role claim. But ultimately it's better to lose an NRV, hopefully, that burn a rez on an NRV for the sake of one extra vote tonight.

It's not about roled players in this game though, especially given that we have no seer and no way of confirming.

It's about numbers and giving ourselves the best possible chance of winning.

The priest MIGHT be useful, but it's retrospective information. Vig and trapper are running blind, as is the BG.

The lack of a seer means we need to change our tact, treat this as a mountainous (vanilla) game - and not get caught up in relying on roles to help us out.

So numbers, and a beginning of building a village core is the aim.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »

*runs

Well that's your opinion, I'm a fan. I didn't have strawberry's pretty dress on when I made it so it wasn't fancy.

In game terms, I do think that Necro's plan has merit. And I think if I was in the 20 minute initial window given to Mercy, I would've maybe just gone with it. Mostly due to the pressure of the situation though.

But whilst you get a 99% confirmed villager out of it, I think it would be better for her to hold on to it until more information is out there. The lynch later on will be something to go on at least. So I do think Mercy made the right choice.

And both were innocent. So im bit wary of reading too much into massive postings so early.

That was my point Bonesy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this while working. I have a feeling going by his posts that Nerco is Reaper. Going by nothing but pure gut suspicions id have Molly and/or BJ down for a wolf. However, this is my first time playing this game and I don't know most of the personalities involved so the bawdiest ones will have my attention.

I think.
    As per the OP it says all non-Talon abilities are affected, so that would lead me to believe Reaper gets silenced when the EMP is used.

It's not about roled players in this game though, especially given that we have no seer and no way of confirming.

The priest MIGHT be useful, but it's retrospective information. Vig and trapper are running blind, as is the BG.

The lack of a seer means we need to change our tact, treat this as a mountainous (vanilla) game - and not get caught up in relying on roles to help us out.

I agree with most you said, but with no real seer, as you are aware of, this will be pretty hard to acheive.

• Advertisement

That might be true but it's still information that the village can use to gauge where they stand in the game. The bottom line is a rolled villager is still of more use to the village than a straight up villager.

I agree with most you said, but with no real seer, as you are aware of, this will be pretty hard to acheive.

Yes, and giving ourselves a 95% probably good player was, well in my opinion, the best way to attempt to achieve that.

It's all moot now anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pter was must likely a random target, not much in his posts to suggest otherwise. Wolves would more than likely target someone they have not conversed with to not leave any trails. From a vil pov, we can only hope he was the reaper, we will know later.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this while working. I have a feeling going by his posts that Nerco is Reaper. Going by nothing but pure gut suspicions id have Molly and/or BJ down for a wolf. However, this is my first time playing this game and I don't know most of the personalities involved so the bawdiest ones will have my attention.

I resent this! I am not bawdy! *looks up the meaning of bawdy* Uh, maybe I am a little.

Tell the truth, is this because of my spaghetti Bolognese opinions?

fixxxer wrote: »

Mollys spag bog story s well sus , I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

See this is why you gots to study the OP, my friend.

Had I done it earlier, EMP goes off, no powers for the day for anyone. Or that's how I saw it anyways.

The save would be blocked and the plan would be pointless.

I still don’t get the last minute reveal. Your presumption is that the goody would take your advice and use that power or that the wolves would think it was worth using the EMP. If anything couldn’t it of just as easily been the baddies using their EMP on nothing ? I just think the 9.59 put a lot of pressure on the goody very early doors and it would be one less power the wolves have to worry about. As it is, th

Yes, and giving ourselves a 95% probably good player was, well in my opinion, the best way to attempt to achieve that.

It's all moot now anyways.

I disagree with your opinion good sir no matter how good intended.

That might be true but it's still information that the village can use to gauge where they stand in the game. The bottom line is a rolled villager is still of more use to the village than a straight up villager.

Nah I fundamentally disagree. Roled players have powers but their reads can be so far off the mark that they lead the village to ruin.

Bar a seer who can get TRUE information (with exception of false peeks) roles are fancy dressing but all villagers are equally important.

I resent this! I am not bawdy! *looks up the meaning of bawdy* Uh, maybe I am a little.

Tell the truth, is this because of my spaghetti Bolognese opinions?

We all know you did nothing from scratch, just admit you liar!

On the bright side vote analysis is more powerful in this game given there is only 1 wolf team and a necro reaper, which also makes the priest an important role

• Advertisement

Ok. I'll say this.

I'm massively, massively suspicious of you and your intentions, cause I think (and sorry if this is meta) you're exactly the type of player who'd think a grandoise play like this might be fun to try.

BUT

I can't rule out the possibility you also just feel it genuinely was the right move to make.

So I'm going to throw you a bone here, and ask a question (rather than letting everyone lump on, and in an attempt to avoid a bandwagon forming, which tbh looks easy right now).

If you're good, who would be your picks to lynch tonight then?

Nah I fundamentally disagree. Roled players have powers but their reads can be so far off the mark that they lead the village to ruin.

Bar a seer who can get TRUE information (with exception of false peeks) roles are fancy dressing but all villagers are equally important.

Nope! Wrong..........stop being wrong!

Ok. I'll say this.

I'm massively, massively suspicious of you and your intentions, cause I think (and sorry if this is meta) you're exactly the type of player who'd think a grandoise play like this might be fun to try.

BUT

I can't rule out the possibility you also just feel it genuinely was the right move to make.

So I'm going to throw you a bone here, and ask a question (rather than letting everyone lump on, and in an attempt to avoid a bandwagon forming, which tbh looks easy right now).

If you're good, who would be your picks to lynch tonight then
    ?

Necro is good, despite me wanting him dead for selfish reasons.

He means well, but he doesnt make good choices.........EVER!

If you're good, who would be your picks to lynch tonight then?

Truthfully? Not sure.

I said this already but given Pter had mentioned shooting me numerous times prior to his death I can't but get the feeling it was an attempt to paint me as taking him out....

I'm loathe to bring up the low posters but my vote will probably be at the end of the spectrum as things stand in the absence of much else.

Necro is good, despite me wanting him dead for selfish reasons.

He means well, but he doesnt make good choices.........EVER!

I'm just tipping on the edge of "Necro is good", barely.

But I want to make sure that if he's good or bad, we don't have 18 votes going in for Necro tonight. I'd like to see a list of suspects.

With no seer, we desperately need to make sure votes aren't landslides. We won't learn anything if everyone votes for one person. And that tends to happen the more the game goes on too. So I'd like to see a few names under suspicion so as to prevent all the wolves hiding behind a single name tonight.

Hence me asking Necro to pop off some other names for us to discuss....

Nope! Wrong..........stop being wrong!

I'm baffled as to how you can disagree given we are already at 12-5... technically up that to 6 if Reaper manages to get his two kills and an extra life.

Villager lives matter, every one of them.

We all know you did nothing from scratch, just admit you liar!

OK FINE! I admit it! I didn't make the tomatoes from scratch! They were tinned tomatoes. :pac:

I'm just tipping on the edge of "Necro is good", barely.

But I want to make sure that if he's good or bad, we don't have 18 votes going in for Necro tonight. I'd like to see a list of suspects.

With no seer, we desperately need to make sure votes aren't landslides. We won't learn anything if everyone votes for one person. And that tends to happen the more the game goes on too. So I'd like to see a few names under suspicion so as to prevent all the wolves hiding behind a single name tonight.

Hence me asking Necro to pop off some other names for us to discuss....

I won't be lynched. Not a chance.

I'm baffled as to how you can disagree given we are already at 12-5... technically up that to 6 if Reaper manages to get his two kills and an extra life.

Villager lives matter, every one of them.

They matter, but A dead NRV is better than a dead Vig. No arguement

• Advertisement

I won't be lynched. Not a chance.

I can dream! Let me dream!

Advertisement