Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXVI - Overwatch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Kolido wrote:
    Ah damn, must have forgot I voted and voted again. Sorry fix, the aul memory aint what it used to be.

No problem! It added to the intrigue. I was so paranoid at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Fixxxer, Sean..... did you have a good experience?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks for the fun game, mods and players alike.

Tried to lay low a bit in my first few days to try and survive till day three, but it wasn't to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lord TSC wrote: »

Tried to lay low a bit in my first few days to try and survive till day three, but it wasn't to be :(

Hehehehehe

All Eyes On Rafah

Murray, I loved your schtick. Never change

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Ah it was a shame you got killed off. I was looking forward to seeing who you picked and the dynamic that would bring. It was actually noticed by the wolves that you tried to lay low. It was your downfall

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Try now beaker. Who else wants in?

Can you try whatever you did for BJ for me? Before the withdrawal symptoms kick in.

Edit: somehow Doomfist can see everything there! Off to read up :)

tritium wrote: »
    Actually Bh I’m curious why you didn’t kill me after the emp. Did you think the bullets were actually gone

Think it switched between you potentially having lost one of them to you not aiming at wolves as much as others and potentially helping us out with your bullets. A bullet hooting the reaper at that point I'd hoped would clear me for some too

Good communication in the wolf bsckroom but I don't we planned too far in advance

beakerjoe wrote: »
    In that situation, id say everyone was hoping for a wolf win....

Seems it was 50/50 on you

either a) Has nobody killed that fecker Joe already!

or b) tbh as a NRV he has played fecking well, deserved the win

after this game (according to the stats thread) I won 50% of my games as a villager, 100% of my games as a wolf (just this one) and 100% of my games as other (Mogwai). Keep giving me roles mods!

The only time I was a villager and not a NRV I was a villager who later turned into a mini BG (Chyna could protect a member of DX but not the rest of the village).

Don't think my style of posting changed much as a wolf

Seems it was 50/50 on you

either a) Has nobody killed that fecker Joe already!

or b) tbh as a NRV he has played fecking well, deserved the win

after this game (according to the stats thread) I won 50% of my games as a villager, 100% of my games as a wolf (just this one) and 100% of my games as other (Mogwai). Keep giving me roles mods!

The only time I was a villager and not a NRV I was a villager who later turned into a mini BG (Chyna could protect a member of DX but not the rest of the village).

Don't think my style of posting changed much as a wolf

You are so lucky that kill failed.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yea I don’t think any of the other wolf team would have been able to beat BJ. It was the doubt over Necro being injured by protecting him that got to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

so, the emp should have stopped that shot, and also stopped everyone from overwatch from voting (mick wouldnt have been voted off), results wouldnt have been shown, caz thats like a quadruple perfect seer, priest loses the death (unknown for rest of game), then talon gets their munch.
    overwatch were lucky emp didnt do as advertized. also, bh was protected there anyhow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So what was the story then with the BH protect from Necro on the first night? Why was Necro not told that he had been injured? Or was that not how it was supposed to work?

Seeing as how this is what Trit based his last vote on, I think it's an important question.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So what was the story then with the BH protect from Necro on the first night? Why was Necro not told that he had been injured? Or was that not how it was supposed to work?

Seeing as how this is what Trit based his last vote on, I think it's an important question.
    Widowmaker wrote:
    After protecting a member of talon, will Reinhardt have no clue that he's injured?
    Or is that teams overwatches seer ability?
    He knows he has found a talon member.

Reinhardt will not be made aware if he is damaged by doomfist.

Answered in backrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think Necro should've been told that then.

(Edit coz I can now: Assuming he wasn't?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Regarding the emp, I was told it only affected abilities, no affect on standard kills (lynch and sk) so it would not stop any votes.

The BG injure thing, we assumed Necro would not know he was injured after protecting BH unless he protected the same player the second night who we were going to munch or obviously if he protected another wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hey.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it.
    Personally it was hard to keep up with the amount of posts and when you check in having to read through 20 pages of stuff at a time etc.
    That plus that fact that I did/do have a 'situation' whereby I can't be online as much as needed.(so most of my browsin and posting was done by phone which can be annoying and awkward)

But all in all I enjoyed it and would sign up again :D

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hey.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it.
    Personally it was hard to keep up with the amount of posts and when you check in having to read through 20 pages of stuff at a time etc.
    That plus that fact that I did/do have a 'situation' whereby I can't be online as much as needed.(so most of my browsin and posting was done by phone which can be annoying and awkward)

But all in all I enjoyed it and would sign up again :D

Ahh you get used to it. The trick is pretend you know what you're doing.

All Eyes On Rafah

Or is the talking skull unlucky he decided to target a protected wolf that had been protected by a villager in the past too. Think if you had just killed Joe, no new record :p

Doomfist may not sound stealthy but Necro never knew I injured him. I essentially put a Bounty county on him :pac:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=4638&type=card

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ahh you get used to it. The trick is pretend you know what you're doing.

And to wrap your insecurity around Gifs, antagonizing people (particularly those who hate Gifs) and taking the piss.. At least, that’s what I do anyways.....

• Advertisement

Or is the talking skull unlucky he decided to target a protected wolf that had been protected by a villager in the past too. Think if you had just killed Joe, no new record :p

Doomfist may not sound stealthy but Necro never knew I injured him. I essentially put a Bounty county on him :pac:
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=4638&type=card

I dont recommend going for a post record, i felt compelled to post or people would think im suss. It was too much effort

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I dont recommend going for a post record, i felt compelled to post or people would think im suss. It was too much effort

Over 1000 posts is savage for one game. I've been playing here over a year now and I've only clocked up 717 posts total in ww games.

I used to think I posted a lot here used to be one of the Higher posters then these new young guns came in posting more then I ever thought was possible, I'm not even sure my post rate is way down but everyone thinks I'm quite and suspicious now cause of you guys and you bazillion posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

beakerjoe wrote:

Yup! Wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be horribly addictive, even after I was killed.

I promise, ill never post that much again.

I promise, ill never post that much again.

might not have been an issue but most of the other posters who could keep with you somewhat died pretty early.

Was reading through the last games backrooms before this one and people didn't want to make me mayor or vig only cos of time difference, got lucky with a day off on May 1st this time but I guess Mogwai and Doomfist suggest you can keep involved no matter where you are, just have to vote early. Think a new player was saying he was moving to somewhere with a 6 hour time difference. Very doable if your up till around 2am anyway.

Is outing yourself in anon games frowned upon? so much easier if I can just say guys im voting earlier and then not around cos im in TW, BH here. Instead of being super suspicious every time we play anon and I vanish in the evenings

Is outing yourself in anon games frowned upon? so much easier if I can just say guys im voting earlier and then not around cos im in TW, BH here. Instead of being super suspicious every time we play anon and I vanish in the evenings

sure you can, the advantage gained from anonminity is yours to lose if you wish.
    you can say you are an alien on another world who just came accross this game and wanted in or you are using a braile reader and need to switch it off at 6pm to charge its batteries, or you have to turn your equipment off as the sun has gone down and you mam will murder you for using the reserve night batteries.

you can even say you are somebody else, go, bj here, i'm not gonna bother with sh1t posting this game so i'll be keeping it quiet in the evenings :)

althought, any anon could say they were bh, so if someone counterclaims you, be ready to be lynched to prove it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

might not have been an issue but most of the other posters who could keep with you somewhat died pretty early.

Was reading through the last games backrooms before this one and people didn't want to make me mayor or vig only cos of time difference, got lucky with a day off on May 1st this time but I guess Mogwai and Doomfist suggest you can keep involved no matter where you are, just have to vote early. Think a new player was saying he was moving to somewhere with a 6 hour time difference. Very doable if your up till around 2am anyway.

Guilty! You didn't make my shortlist for apprentice seer even though I thought you were good because of the time difference. But that was more about my insecurity about playing the role and wanting someone around to advise and bounce stuff off. If I was a better player it'd not have mattered that we didn't have the same time. I would have dismissed somebody on shift like Necro or a night owl like sKeirh or Raze just as quickly.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Guilty! You didn't make my shortlist for apprentice seer even though I thought you were good because of the time difference. But that was more about my insecurity about playing the role and wanting someone around to advise and bounce stuff off. If I was a better player it'd not have mattered that we didn't have the same time. I would have dismissed somebody on shift like Necro or a night owl like sKeirh or Raze just as quickly.

tbh It made complete sense but im hoping people think to give me fun stuff in the future despite it. Wouldn't mind getting bullets! Mogwai wasn't like reaper, had to do tasks to get something each day and only once was it a bullet

Advertisement