Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVI - Overwatch

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No Napoleon dynamite in the dance off?

giphy.gif

Anyone to keep me company through the long night shift or am I gonna have to talk to myself... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    Anyone to keep me company through the long night shift or am I gonna have to talk to myself... :(

Yay :D

But I can't see videos at work (Boo)

Yay :D

But I can't see videos at work (Boo)

just read the lyrics then

Here I am this is me
    There's no where else on earth I'd rather be
    Here I am it's just me and you
    Tonight we make our dreams come true
    It's a new world it's a new start
    It's alive with the beating of young hearts
    It's a new day it's a new plan
    I've been waiting for you
    Here I am
    Here I am
    Here we are we've just begun
    And after all this time our time has come
    Ya here we are still going strong
    Right here in the place where we belong
    Here I am
    Yeah here I am
    Here I am, yeah
    Yeah here I am

Waiting for you
    Here I am this is me
    There's no where else on earth I'd rather be
    Here I am it's just me and you
    Tonight we make our dreams come true
    Here I am
    here I am
    (Oh here I am) right next to you
    (Oh here I am) and suddenly the world is all brand new
    Here I am
    (Oh oh oh)
    Here I am
    I'm gonna stay
    There's nothing standing in our way
    Oh here I am
    (Here I am)
    Here I am
    This is me

Good choice. I shall groove to that when I get home... might be frowned on in the office :P

Oh yeah, beaker... your headstart... didn't work ;)

CGO-gif-06.gif

640 posts left for your goal.

better get a few more in before pter puts the brakes on.

sKeith wrote: »
    640 posts left for your goal.

better get a few more in before pter puts the brakes on.

He won't do it :p

65cac15847c195782ee218dd0ba51ce3.png

• Advertisement

I'd be posting more, tbh, but there's really not much to go through till we see how the chips fall tomorrow. Couple of inklings, nothing major.

Par for the course really.

Sombra - “Everything can be hacked… and everyone”
    -Sombra’s EMP can be used once during the game to hack all non-Talon players abilities, rendering them useless for the phase.

This is who we need to take out first.

Junkrat is a two sided sword, as he can prevent actions but he also has that assasin quality. If he lets us know, we should make our last voters go 5 minutes before deadline, for this to work, Mercy can bring him back on reveal, that might allow us to take out a wolf. Sombra could interupt any plans with that, whatever we plan, she can coincide her emp blast with the Junkrat reveal. Reise gaining an extra life could put a Mercy resurction into doubt, Widowmaker too if she can redirect the resurection action. We have a partial seer in Rheinhart, as he can detect if he has protected a wolf as he would pick up an injury, due to Doomfist, if he has protected a wolf. I think Doomfist is the top priorty. With them gone our bodyguard disadvantage is gone.

Junkrat is a two sided sword, as he can prevent actions but he also has that assasin quality. If he lets us know, we should make our last voters go 5 minutes before deadline, for this to work, Mercy can bring him back on reveal, that might allow us to take out a wolf. Sombra could interupt any plans with that, whatever we plan, she can coincide her emp blast with the Junkrat reveal. Reise gaining an extra life could put a Mercy resurction into doubt, Widowmaker too if she can redirect the resurection action. We have a partial seer in Rheinhart, as he can detect if he has protected a wolf as he would pick up an injury, due to Doomfist, if he has protected a wolf. I think Doomfist is the top priorty. With them gone our bodyguard disadvantage is gone.

I like your plan re: Mercy but I have another of my own I'm working on tbh.

Will fill you in when I've it worked through fully.

Reinhardt could be very important if what you're saying is correct, side problem there - BG can't self protect so if they come out they're toast.

All the wolves have nasty powers tbh, and without a full seer tbh taking any of them out would be a bonus.

I like your plan re: Mercy but I have another of my own I'm working on tbh.

Will fill you in when I've it worked through fully.

Reinhardt could be very important if what you're saying is correct, side problem there - BG can't self protect so if they come out they're toast.

All the wolves have nasty powers tbh, and without a full seer tbh taking any of them out would be a bonus.

I think it may be a bit wolf sided, at 13:5 but if sk does us a favor by taking out a wolf, it may swing it back in our favor, with 13:4. We just need some way to find a core village group, so we can use the numbers to our advantage.

I think it may be a bit wolf sided, at 13:5 but if sk does us a favor by taking out a wolf, it may swing it back in our favor, with 13:4. We just need some way to find a core village group, so we can use the numbers to our advantage.

12:5 - tomorrow morning's munch :(

There's a way we can start that core though, just don't wanna say too much just yet. Still working on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Finally posting now at 6am.
    Fell asleep at 8pm last night... jetlag catching up.

We vote for someone to be lynched today right?

I'd post more gifs but on mobile atm.

Read through 15pages of posts.
    C&C is not the greatest game by any means... heathen.
    Also... it seems I'm one of a small few who actually play Overwatch as a game hahaha :P
    Worth checking out tbh

rules say munch scheduled for 10am.
    What's a wolf munch anyone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I remember struggling last time before day2/3 last time {only clocked that's the same this time when reading back through it).

But yeah as people are stating obviously the BG shouldn't come out come out given they can't protect themselves but tbh I'm never a fan of anyone coming out unless they have to have to especially early on

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'm a newbie not a wolf says Sean... ;)

It's essentially their version of the villages lynch

Basically where the baddies listed in the OP (hereby known as wolves) select a player to kill and remove from the game.

The bastards. :cool:

• Advertisement

Basically where the baddies listed in the OP (hereby known as wolves) select a player to kill and remove from the game.

The bastards. :cool:

OK. I understand this now... but Talon also seem to have seperate abilities too. If they vote to kill someone.. who among them does the actual killing? or is it who they will vote for?
    I was more used to Witches of Salem where the mafia would do the same.. except they didn't have extra abilities.. only the mafioso and godfather could actually kill.

OK. I understand this now... but Talon also seem to have seperate abilities too. If they vote to kill someone.. who among them does the actual killing? or is it who they will vote for?
    I was more used to Witches of Salem where the mafia would do the same.. except they didn't have extra abilities.. only the mafioso and godfather could actually kill.

They'd have a kill thread in their back room which they put a name into, then the mods announce it on thread.

Abilities would be separate to that then, or that's generally how it goes anyways.

Damn phone / lack of editing

Meant last time there was no tasks (and no seer won't help) not just last time.

last question.. sorry.
    If we choose someone to lynch.. and they get enough votes... do they have an opportunity to defend themselves or argue their case before they die?

last question.. sorry.
    If we choose someone to lynch.. and they get enough votes... do they have an opportunity to defend themselves or argue their case before they die?

They have up until 8.59pm to present their defence as people can change their votes until that time. So yeah, generally what will be done later in the day is people will ask for an FFA (Free For All) of the top 3 people, and reasons - who you think are likely to be a wolf.

The results of that will then be collaborated and usually the top 3 are run off, and you vote for one of them...

Not that you HAVE to stick to it, of course - it is a democracy we live in... I think.

Also if you don't have three, don't worry, sometimes unless a baddie makes a monumental mistake it's difficult to even have one, but it's no harm to put your suspicions out there.

Talking is good, it's how we find the baddies.

Cheers. Ok
    giphy.gif

I'd be posting more, tbh, but there's really not much to go through till we see how the chips fall tomorrow. Couple of inklings, nothing major.

Par for the course really.

We all have so little to go by on on day 1 so what are your inklings? Post em if you've got em is my thinking as otherwise we will have people making up flimsy reasons to vote for people. I remember (despite not being a wolf in any game... no Mogwai is not a wolf :D ) people calling me out before cos my user name sounded for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Morning all, missed nothing last night I see, dancing is not my thing.

Some of these powers roled players have are a bit confusing.

We all have so little to go by on on day 1 so what are your inklings? Post em if you've got em is my thinking as otherwise we will have people making up flimsy reasons to vote for people. I remember (despite not being a wolf in any game... no Mogwai is not a wolf :D ) people calling me out before cos my user name sounded for example.

Oh, don't worry :P I will. Want to wait for a little while though before I start jumping to large Necro-sized conclusions about anyone.

Few yet to post, wanna see them get involved before I draw my early conclusions.

Kolido wrote: »

:( You no like my late night (well all night technically) ramblings?

• Advertisement

Morning everybody :)

Morning everybody

Morning Strawbs :D

Which ones aren't you sure about. Let's get the whole village on the same page on day 1 if possible
    Necrominus wrote:

Oh, don't worry :P I will. Want to wait for a little while though before I start jumping to large Necro-sized conclusions about anyone.

Few yet to post, wanna see them get involved before I draw my early conclusions.

Ha good good, tbh I'm just trying to get folk talking while I'm at work. Should be home in about 4/5hrs and hopefully there will be more to work off by then.

Which ones aren't you sure about. Let's get the whole village on the same page on day 1 if possible

For example;
    Widowmaker - “One Shot, One Kill”
    - Widowmaker can redirect one players abilities during one full game phase. This includes votes for the lynch. Widowmaker can use this ability once during the game.

What does redirect abilities mean, does someone else get them?
    -Serial Killer
    Reaper - “Death walks among you”
    Reaper will have one kill every night at lynch. If Reaper kills two players, he will gain an extra life.

sk can gain an extra life, does that protect them from all kills including lynch, if so, we would likely know who they are afterwards.
    Winston ​- “Imagination is the essence of discovery”
    -Winston has the ability to reform Overwatch on D3. He will pick two players to join him in a private backroom.

Can he pick wolves?

Would it be fair to assume that we get told result of lynch at 9:20pm then? Mercy will know her teammates and who she would need to resurrect. And we get told results of lynch after her decision.

Only problem - if the majority vote within the FFA list and mercy resurrects that person, the baddies have a better chance of taking out a roled goodie in the morning. They’d have to use their power to protect themselves.

Would it be fair to assume that we get told result of lynch at 9:20pm then? Mercy will know her teammates and who she would need to resurrect. And we get told results of lynch after her decision.

Only problem - if the majority vote within the FFA list and mercy resurrects that person, the baddies have a better chance of taking out a roled goodie in the morning. They’d have to use their power to protect themselves.

But thats assuming OW have a shared backroom, doesn't mention that in the op or does it, I need to read it again.

Oh, I’m assuming they do

By default Mercy doesn't know who her teammates are. Unless someone tells her or by other means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

Morning all, still in catch up but some observations

No seer makes things a bit trickier

Reinhardt is kind of a mini seer however. His protects should give us a core village set and eventually a wolf

Mercy can protect/ revive him once which is useful

Reinhardt can’t pick up reaper so he’s basically unpeekable

Wolf kill on first morning so reaper really needs a minimum of 3 munch events to earn an extra life.

• Advertisement

I dunno why I assumed they do.

Oh, I’m assuming they do

I'd say its unlikely, OW are essentially the rolled villager, they don't usually have a shared br, they are 6 plus a possible 2 more, that could really unbalance the game if they knew 8 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro is an addict, who ever has a bullet in this game should kill him for his own good.

He is sick and needs rehab in the form of a bullet to end his game.

Also to the wolves, show some compassion and end Necro. Think of his WW orphaned kids.

I'd say its unlikely, OW are essentially the rolled villager, they don't usually have a shared br, they are 6 plus a possible 2 more, that could really unbalance the game if they knew 8 players.

I know all this. Dunno what’s going on in my head this morning ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I know all this. Dunno what’s going on in my head this morning ;)

Maybe your a bit distracted trying to type while your wolf colleagues pick out a victim for this morning

aE5l8.gif

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Maybe your a bit distracted trying to type while your wolf colleagues pick out a victim for this morning

aE5l8.gif

They should just pick Necro, for his real life families sake.

Necros went out to get milk last night and still hasn't come back...... hes in the dairy aisle on his phone since 10pm.

Necro MUST die

Drumpot wrote: »

aE5l8.gif

There’s the black suit I’ve been searching for!!!!!

Send Necro back to his family..... help save his marriage...... kill him to save him from himself

Beaker sure does love necro

• Advertisement
Advertisement