Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XXVI - Overwatch

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyways, it's a moot point now as Mercy has made the call so I'll drop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If Pter was Mercy - would he have been able to use the power on himself? Noting in the OP saying he can't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    I'll take that.
    Red alert < red alert 2
    'yes commander'
    Please Strawbs! Say yes to the dress!
    ....lol. That fruit is too low hanging to make a joke out of....
    Very agressive this evening BJ
    Thinly veiled insinuations. Interesting.
    Threads not locked. Anyone can update it.
    If the wolves dont kill Necro, i will.
    Explain your thinking there.
    Seems legit for now.

If it turns out not to be necro just strung his own noose.

Not sure what was going on with Pter this game but he was being very coy. 11 posts in one day isn't like him at all. What did the wolves see to go for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necrominus wrote: »
    So when do we do it? When we're up sh1t creek with no way to confirm anyone?

Pter could have been Reaper, but he also could have been the priest or the BG.

Of course it's in the best interests of the village.

And the Vig killing Pter tonight means that the village is down a power and goodie! I’m not sure how that helps.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Risky in some ways but tbh it's stacked somewhat that they can afford to make a mistake and lose a body, high odds but high rewards if it came off. The save is one of the most important aspects of the game so it makes no sense to blow it this early on

It really isn't. The save is to save a good player, let's not get caught up on the roles being the most important part of the game.

It's important to keep goodies alive.

95% chance Pter was a goodie. We won't get that high of a chance again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Not sure what was going on with Pter this game but he was being very coy. 11 posts in one day isn't like him at all. What did the wolves see to go for him?

Maybe his lack of mosts, unusually mor prolific.....thats all i got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

So when do we do it? When we're up sh1t creek with no way to confirm anyone?

Pter could have been Reaper, but he also could have been the priest or the BG.

Of course it's in the best interests of the village.

We do it when we need to do it. It's such a variable, it will at least keep the wolves on their toes. A save at this point keeps the numbers in our favour alright the potential revive might be important later in the game, for example if the priest revealed on day 2/3 it gives us an extra day to use his powers.

Drumpot wrote: »
    And the Vig killing Pter tonight means that the village is down a power and goodie! I’m not sure how that helps.

Well the problem is, the person revived is probably on borrowed time regardless be it munch or SK kill. If they're munched and revived, it means the BG wasn't protecting them... as loathe as I am to point this out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

kitten_k wrote: »
    If Pter was Mercy - would he have been able to use the power on himself? Noting in the OP saying he can't?

I could be 100% wrong but it's hard to use a power when your dead.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    We do it when we need to do it. It's such a variable, it will at least keep the wolves on their toes. A save at this point keeps the numbers in our favour alright the potential revive might be important later in the game, for example if the priest revealed on day 2/3 it gives us an extra day to use his powers.

Nope. Nope it does not. If the priest gets munched and revived then the SK takes them out and we gain zip, zilch, nada.

Numbers are what will win this game. And our best chance was to keep our full contingent going into the first lynch.

For various reason, the mods felt Mercy's resurrection time was too short. She has an hour to decide rather than 20 minutes.

Yeah but if the Zenyatta comes out as the priest tomorrow (not saying she should do this at all - just an example), she can be protected by Rheinhart overnight and then if she dies the following night she can be revived by Mercy. How is this not better than saving a random first night kill? (unless Pter was Zenyatta or Rheinhart or Mercy)

I could be 100% wrong but it's hard to use a power when your dead.

Logic would suggest BH is correct. Thats how id see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

New to the game, but isn't a waste of Mercys power to revive so early ?
    Also if the priest were to divulge info about who was killed so early then wouldn't he be targeted pretty quickly afterwards and eliminated, thereby depriving the town of a valuable resource.
    The priest should keep shctum unless it was a pivotal role for the town that was killed.

Well the problem is, the person revived is probably on borrowed time regardless be it munch or SK kill. If they're munched and revived, it means the BG wasn't protecting them... as loathe as I am to point this out.

So it would be an extremely bold but rewarding tactic for wolves!!!

• Advertisement

For various reason, the mods felt Mercy's resurrection time was too short. She has an hour to decide rather than 20 minutes.

Does she now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Interesting development! Seems fair enough though, 20 mins is not a great amount of time

SeantheMan wrote: »
    New to the game, but isn't a waste of Mercys power to revive so early ?
    Also if the priest were to divulge info about who was killed so early then wouldn't he be targeted pretty quickly afterwards and eliminated, thereby depriving the town of a valuable resource.
    The priest should keep shctum unless it was a pivotal role for the town that was killed.

Welcome Sean The Wolf

I've never had to refresh a thread so often on Boards in over 10 years haha

So confirmation Pter wasn't Mercy and we still have Mercy in the game.

• Advertisement

Yeah but if the Zenyatta comes out as the priest tomorrow (not saying she should do this at all - just an example), she can be protected by Rheinhart overnight and then if she dies the following night she can be revived by Mercy. How is this not better than saving a random first night kill? (unless Pter was Zenyatta or Rheinhart or Mercy)

What about the SK kill in between?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

It really isn't. The save is to save a good player, let's not get caught up on the roles being the most important part of the game.

It's important to keep goodies alive.

95% chance Pter was a goodie. We won't get that high of a chance again.

Not necessarily true, if the sk is killed ( which we would eventually know) then we would essentially have a 100% chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Good Morning

giphy.gif

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

In respect of McCree and Junkrat - are we going to be going with the village consensus here on how the bullets and traps are used or leaving it up to the players?

What about the SK kill in between?

SK is as clueless as us at the moment. I would think it'd be in his/her interest to hold on to a priest so he could gauge how he was getting on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

There ain't no way to confirm a goodie in this game. Only the priest can do that, and there's only one way they find out...

Not technically correct. Reinhardt doubles as a sort of seer with a penalty attached. Reaper is immune to this but anyone in talon will be visible. Reinhardt has a tough gig in this game since they’ll have to balance protection with checking suspicious players.
    Sombra - “Everything can be hacked… and everyone”
    -Sombra’s EMP can be used once during the game to hack all non-Talon players abilities, rendering them useless for the phase.

@mods, does phase here mean a full cycle or just night/ day?

@mods if doomfist is killed does the Reinhardt penalty fully disappear?

SK is as clueless as us at the moment. I would think it'd be in his/her interest to hold on to a priest so he could gauge how he was getting on too.

Jaysus Molly that's an alarming post. That's not a villagery look at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is going to be a fun thread to keep track of at work.

As first kill was likely a random choice, and the wolves would not kill one of there own, would a rez not make sense to keep number up? We can assume that Petr is not a wolf now.

Can't we?

Jaysus Molly that's an alarming post. That's not a villagery look at all.

What are you getting at here? That I'm a wolf or that I'm the SK? Come on, be serious.

tritium wrote: »
    Not technically correct. Reinhardt doubles as a sort of seer with a penalty attached. Reaper is immune to this but anyone in talon will be visible. Reinhardt has a tough gig in this game since they’ll have to balance protection with checking suspicious players.

You're assuming Reinhardt gets told if he protects a wolf. It doesn't say anything about him getting told under his role in the OP. It doesn't say he is, granted. But I wouldn't be relying on that.

• Advertisement

You're assuming Reinhardt gets told if he protects a wolf. It doesn't say anything about him getting told under his role in the OP. It doesn't say he is, granted. But I wouldn't be relying on that.

*isn't

kitten_k wrote: »
    In respect of McCree and Junkrat - are we going to be going with the village consensus here on how the bullets and traps are used or leaving it up to the players?

But then we'd have Talon and Reaper influencing the vote for their own evil purposes.
    Kitten...hmmm..suspicious play :P

I've my eye on you now
    giphy.gif

I'm a little confused if we assume that the wolves wouldn't ever bothering munching one of their own does the chances of reviving a villager not increase as the game goes on? I'll need to think about that.

#bringbackpete #savetherussians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tritium wrote: »
    @mods, does phase here mean a full cycle or just night/ day?

@mods if doomfist is killed does the Reinhardt penalty fully disappear?

1. Full cycle, its not a full 24hrs but will block powers for the next munch and the next Lynch, order doesn't matter.

2. It disappears with Doomfist

I'm a little confused if we assume that the wolves wouldn't ever bothering munching one of their own does the chances of reviving a villager not increase as the game goes on? I'll need to think about that.

Well firstly, it wouldn't be in their own teams interests to kill one of their own.

Secondly, I don't think Pter was a wolf. The munch confirms that to me, anyways.

And if the Vig kills Pter tonight that’s a totally wasted power?! I suppose the question is whether or not having a confirmed villager for less then a day is worth it.

If a goodie comes out later the wolves and SK have to be cautious if the power is still in play. I’m surprised very experienced players are not thinking if from all angles....

Well firstly, it wouldn't be in their own teams interests to kill one of their own.

Secondly, I don't think Pter was a wolf. The munch confirms that to me, anyways.

Exactly, the wolves killed Petr so he's not gonna be 1 of them this early.
    We just have to hope that he wasn't an important role for the town.

Sorry lads, is there a wiki or something for the abbreviation that ye use?

What are you getting at here? That I'm a wolf or that I'm the SK? Come on, be serious.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Hard to know what Pter was based off his posts.... how was he not a bad guy based off so little

fixxxer wrote: »

With regards to what fixxer ?
    I've been looking at the first page for role explanation, and also here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657718

SK - serial killer
    RV - rolled villager
    BG - bodyguard
    wolf - evil team
    NRV - non rolled villager
    FFA - free for all (list your top 3 wolf suspects)

But then we'd have Talon and Reaper influencing the vote for their own evil purposes.
    Kitten...hmmm..suspicious play :P

I've my eye on you now

source.gif

Ask questions I shall answer them

LNN

Lynch Necro Now

Exactly, the wolves killed Petr so he's not gonna be 1 of them this early.
    We just have to hope that he wasn't an important role for the town.

Sorry guys, Vig is vigilante and Sk is serial killer. I meant to say Sk both tines.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hard to know what Pter was based off his posts.... how was he not a bad guy based off so little

Cos he was munched :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't think so

Munch - Wolf Kill in the morning
    Lynch - the polled kill tonight
    SK - Serial Killer, Reaper
    NRV - Non Roled Villager, a redshirt basically
    BG - Bodyguard, Reinhardt
    Vig - Vigilante, McCree
    Priest - Zenyatta

Have I missed any?

giphy.gif

Which one am I supposed to be? The one cutting? Or the other idiot who fell? :D

beakerjoe wrote: »

You have Talon members, their job is to 'munch' ...get together and vote someone to kill.
    You then have 14 other members 13 town + 1 Reaper.

They're not gonna kill one of their own, that makes no sense.
    They then have a 1/14 chance of killing the reaper....not sure if they can straight out.
    So we have to assume that the person killed was a Townie

Cheers, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement