Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2018 - General Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anyone got the start times?

Race hasn't even started and Froome has already crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone got the start times?

Race hasn't even started and Froome has already crashed.

Jesus. That's a bad omen for Froome! :eek:

Start times are here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-stage-1-time-trial-start-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Jesus. That's a bad omen for Froome! :eek:

Start times are here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-stage-1-time-trial-start-times/

Karma!

• Advertisement

Lopez has crashed too but cycling news saying back up and ok.

Bahrain rider Siutsou has also crashed but wasn't so lucky and is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Lopez has crashed too but cycling news saying back up and ok.

Bahrain rider Siutsou has also crashed but wasn't so lucky and is out.

and the Colombian Miguel Angel Lopez crashed also. But injuries unreported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

neris wrote: »

I had a look at this list. Many are familiar, but what's a "magic spanner"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

check_six wrote: »
    I had a look at this list. Many are familiar, but what's a "magic spanner"?
    When they hold on to the team car, mechanic leans out the window "fixing a mechanical" on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For anyone looking for even more Giro content...

The Cycling Podcast have a daily podcast after each stage.
    https://thecyclingpodcast.com/latest-episode

It's a British podcast, so they are slightly biased, but it's nothing that would turn me off listening to it.

Also, the channel Quest TV have a daily highlights show (Eurosport coverage). Handy for those who don't have Eurosport.

It's a British podcast, so they are slightly biased, but it's nothing that would turn me off listening to it.

Also, the channel Quest TV have a daily highlights show (Eurosport coverage). Handy for those who don't have Eurosport.

Best cycling podcast around and doesnt take itself too seriously (just make sure you know your dolomites from your alps)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

love the cycling podcast giro/tdf coverage. last thing i listen to at night or first thing in the am. i dont find them biased at all tbh. no fawning over sky like you might find with other pundits.

i dont find them biased at all tbh. no fawning over sky like you might find with other pundits.
    Yeah, been listening since the start (and am a "friend" for the extra content). I find them very balanced.

If you want bias, try the bespoke 5 live podcast, although it's the producer and Jeremy Whittle so far this Giro (also daily shows), so much better for the lack of Rob Hayles. Whittle can't be accused of being a sky fanboy. Still 3rd on my daily listening list, after the velocast and the cycling podcast.

the cycling news podcast isnt bad either but they can be a bit bland and serious

neris wrote: »
    the cycling news podcast isnt bad either but they can be a bit bland and serious
    I like it, but can be a bit infrequent (messes with my listening schedule) and not daily shows until the tour.

Velonews have the recon ride guys now too which, along with Andrew Hood, somewhat offsets some of the annoying "bants" (or whatever the american equivalent) of the main presenter. I don't mind the cycling tips one either, sometimes includes Shane Stokes. They're both very US focused, but can get you through gaps in the others.

The recon ride are getting around. They were on cyclenews last year.

Well after balls.ie going large/ hopping on the Sam Bennett bandwagon on Friday, they didn't even list the Giro in their "insane" weekend of sport listings on Saturday morning.

Advertisement