Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holidays with son

Options
  • 29-04-2018 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hi i am looking to take my son away for a break this year ..somewhere for a bit of bonding ..does any one know anywhere good for a father to bring 8 year old son ..as im seperated i dont get to see him as much as id like so i would ideally go somewhere with activities we could do together

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Sile Na Gig

London is great for kids- lots of parks and activities and most of the museums are free. A lot of them are very interactive. My boy loved it. Even things like getting the tube was exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

another city break idea is Berlin, plenty to do and a city centre where most things are walking distance, legoland in Windsor might be good for 2 or 3 days. in Ireland there is that greenway in Mayo, you could probably hire a bike with a ride along for a kid. The best trip i had with my son was a 5 day canoe (hired) trip down the Barrow, probably better if you wait a couple of years.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I don't think the UK would be an option tho because you're not allowed take the child out of the country for visitation rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I took my son to London a few years ago and he loved it.
    We went for a week, based ourselves in a hotel near the circle line for easy access/commuting.
    I bought us both an annual Merlin pass and it covered us for entry to Sea Life, London Eye, Madam Tussuads, Thorpe Park, Lego Land Windsor, The London Dungeon with unlimited entry and perks like queue jumping.
    I think they cost @130 each and even though we were only there for a week they were money well spent as it saved us as much again on separate entry charges.
    We also went to Harry Potter Studio tour and did the usual Tower of London and museums and a trip to forbidden planet and Camden Markets.

It really was a great trip and one we will do again.
    The really handy thing about London is how easy it is to get around with oyster card and good rail links out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Legoland Windsor seems to get great reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don't think the UK would be an option tho because you're not allowed take the child out of the country for visitation rights.
    Different people have different situations

Advertisement