Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternatives to Virgin analogue

• 29-04-2018 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭

With Virgin switching off the analogue service, I'm forced to look for alternatives. We have a really neat wiring setup in the bedroom, with the analogue cable and power cable for the TV all coming in behind the wall. I really don't want to have a digital box somewhere in the room with a wire dragging up to the TV.

I suppose I'm looking for some kind of wireless connector to the TV. I could fit a Chromecast, but that would be limited to Netflix or other downloaded material. Herself tends to watch a fair bit of broadcast TV still, so I'd like to have this option available. Is there any kind of wireless connection that I could connect to a new Virgin digital box to allow broadcast TV on this telly?

Any other suggestions or technology that I don't know about would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

Any other suggestions or technology that I don't know about would be welcome.

Is a satellite dish a step too far, I have an old sky box in the attic fed into the bedroom through one cable, this cable could be your existing cable. I have fed a Saorview aerial and sat signal into the sky box. Only change being the need for a sky eye close to the tv, this fits between your existing TV cable and the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,600 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

decor58 wrote: »
    Is a satellite dish a step too far, I have an old sky box in the attic fed into the bedroom through one cable, this cable could be your existing cable. I have fed a Saorview aerial and sat signal into the sky box. Only change being the need for a sky eye close to the tv, this fits between your existing TV cable and the TV.

I'd prefer to avoid a dish, but I guess I don't have too many options.

Do the Sky Eye yokes work reliably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

Do the Sky Eye yokes work reliably?

I use two of them, in the kitchen and bedroom and they work fine.

Advertisement