Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Plane 11 Ireland Series

Options
  • 29-04-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

A nine part series taking us from Dublin Airport, Cork, Bantry, Shannon, Knock, Sligo, Donegal, Derry, Belfast and then back to Dublin. We use some of the best GA aircraft in X Plane 11 including the Laminar Research Cessna 172, Aerobask Diamond DA62, Airfoil Creations Bell 407, Justflight's Piper Arrow III and the Alabeo Mooney M20R Ovation.

Our next series will take us to the UK and I'm looking forward to some flights around Scotland, Wales and England.

Thank you so much for all the Likes, Comments and Subscribes.

Flight Simulation, in particular, X Plane 11 is one of my favorite hobbies and with the support and feedback from this very unique and diverse community, you encourage me to create more content and share my passion with you. Thanks a million for watching and see you all very soon!

https://youtu.be/S9l7ytS4dJ0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi, are you using any third party weather addon? Moving over to XP11 from P3D and all I've ever known is Active Sky which has been excellent.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

John,
    I believe gunner_twotone is using XEnviro(I could be wrong). Wifi ( Active Sky) have expressed an intent to develop a weather engine for x plane....but has, unfortunately, yet to materialize.

Thanks. I bought XEnviro and it looks ok but it's missing the most basic of stuff. You can't look up the METAR of an airport by it's ICAO code which is crazy.

The weather seems to change very suddenly too. I guess I've been spoiled by Active Sky for the last few years.

X Plane would really wanta to sort this aspect I think. That said, when you get Ortho4XP installed it really is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

Hi John,

Skyknight is bang on, xEnviro 1.09.

I also used Active Sky when I flew in FSX along with REX and they are miles apart on what they can do.

There are a few more options for XPlane. You can have a look at U;tra Weather XP or Sky Max Pro V4

Thanks. I went ahead about bought XEnviro. Only used it the once and it seemed ok.

Have to say, Ortho4XP makes it incredible and definitely worth using Xplane but they really need a decent weather system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi John,

Skyknight is bang on, xEnviro 1.09.

I also used Active Sky when I flew in FSX along with REX and they are miles apart on what they can do.

There are a few more options for XPlane. You can have a look at U;tra Weather XP or Sky Max Pro V4

Thanks for using my Cork and Shannon airports :) hope you like them. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement