Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howto redo my lawn

Options
  • 29-04-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

We have a garden that had some work done on it recently - taking out a tree or two and getting rid of an old hedge. The machine that was in did a bit of damage to an already bad lawn.

As a result there are a lot of patches in the lawn, and lots of bumps left by the digger.

I'm thinking I should rotovate it, rake, level and reseed. Does this sound right - should i remove the top later of soil first (with the grass) or is it ok to rotovate the grass right into the soil?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Keedowah wrote: »
    We have a garden that had some work done on it recently - taking out a tree or two and getting rid of an old hedge. The machine that was in did a bit of damage to an already bad lawn.

As a result there are a lot of patches in the lawn, and lots of bumps left by the digger.

I'm thinking I should rotovate it, rake, level and reseed. Does this sound right - should i remove the top later of soil first (with the grass) or is it ok to rotovate the grass right into the soil?

Thanks,
    Yep that would be the correct procedure but spray off old grass and weeds with glyphosate such as roundup or Gallup etc first and allow 2 weeks for a full kill. This will make the soil much easier to till and stop the old grasses growing in your new reseed.

Advertisement