Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm

Options
  • 30-04-2018 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi guys. I moved into a house last December and the house alarm goes off at least once a week even though it's not set, could be day or night. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Most common cause is a faulty shock sensor. It needs to be tested and any sensors that are faulty replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Any idea how I can test the sensors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the use of a multi meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Goes off whether it's set or not - might that not imply a tamper issue? And maybe related to a sensor that's subject to regular activity like tge front door etc?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly.
    I would be checking the resistance on the tamper & the alarm loop.

• Advertisement

It says front and side window zone tamper.

You could just disconnect & close off the tamper at the panel & see if that solves it.
    I would like to be testing the zone as well just in case.

It also says loop value 9999

Have you disconnected and closed off the tamper loop?

I'll be honest and say "haven't a clue what your talking about"..... I'll just have to get a professional out to look at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement