Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship Ceremony on 21 May

Options
  • 30-04-2018 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I just got my invitation to attend the citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2018 - yay! Is anyone else attending? And how long did your application take?

Here is my timeline:
    Applied On: 24 Feb 2017
    Acknowledgement letter: 7 Apr 2017 (requesting additional documents)
    Second Stage Letter: 13 Apr 2017
    Approval: 23 Mar 2018 (requesting fee & other docs)
    Invitation to ceremony: 24 April 2018
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Grendels wrote: »
    I just got my invitation to attend the citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2018 - yay! Is anyone else attending? And how long did your application take?

Here is my timeline:
    Acknowledgement letter: 7 Apr 2017 (requesting additional documents)
    Second Stage Letter: 13 Apr 2017
    Invitation to ceremony: 24 April 2018

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Grendels wrote: »
    Here is my timeline:

Congrats

but damn, over a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It must have gotten worse, the wife applied Jan 2016, took Oath Sept 2016, unless it is faster when the applicant is the wife of an Irish citizen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Hi Guys,

My Wife applied November 2017.

She received a letter at the end of March which stated that the Minister proposes to grant her application.

It also stated that if she wishes to be included in the next citizenship ceremony, she will need to submit €950 fee and 2 recent photos within 10 days - which she did.

She has not heard anything back since then (almost 1 month), and the phone lines are constantly busy or no answer.

How long does it usually take to receive the invitation from when the €950 fee is paid?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dumitru

I got my invitation letter today (3rd May ) for Citizenship ceremony on 21st May. I sent the bank draft for €950 at the end of March. Anyone else traveling from waterford??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alienslug

My little guys just turned 3 and I need to bring him along (no baby-sitting options) ... will he be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My Wife applied November 2017.

She received a letter at the end of March which stated that the Minister proposes to grant her application.

It also stated that if she wishes to be included in the next citizenship ceremony, she will need to submit €950 fee and 2 recent photos within 10 days - which she did.

She has not heard anything back since then (almost 1 month), and the phone lines are constantly busy or no answer.

How long does it usually take to receive the invitation from when the €950 fee is paid?

Thanks

Update: Wife received approval letter and invitation to Ceremony yesterday.

She applied in November 2017 and was approved May 2018 - so processing time was only 6 months from start to finish!

Just goes to show you that all this talk about long delays due to "Brexit" is just hearsay.

I think that as long as your application and supporting documents are well organized, clear and there are no reasons for them to ask any further questions - the process is very smooth and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Update: Wife received approval letter and invitation to Ceremony yesterday.

She applied in November 2017 and was approved May 2018 - so processing time was only 6 months from start to finish!

Just goes to show you that all this talk about long delays due to "Brexit" is just hearsay.

I think that as long as your application and supporting documents are well organized, clear and there are no reasons for them to ask any further questions - the process is very smooth and efficient.

If you’re a Syrian refugee with no Syrian passport for example then it’s a nightmare.
    For some people having the supporting documents are simply not enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

alienslug wrote: »
    My little guys just turned 3 and I need to bring him along (no baby-sitting options) ... will he be allowed?

They tend not to be too strick on numbers, uinless people start to take the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Go back to your own country

For a holiday

Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grendels

It must have gotten worse, the wife applied Jan 2016, took Oath Sept 2016, unless it is faster when the applicant is the wife of an Irish citizen?

That's what I was hoping for too, but it took 13 months. Certainly much better than the 2-4 years it took in years gone by. ;)
    so processing time was only 6 months from start to finish!

She is really lucky to have that processing time! Mine took a bit longer, despite having all the docs there, and I thought it might be my country's government causing the delay, taking long to respond or something like that.

I believe so. According to my invitation, first everyone queues individually to sign the declaration of fealty to the state, and then we all go into one room and say the declaration together.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

Next citizenship date?
    Last year by this time 2 of them have been held!
    This year, when i suppose to be in, takes so long...

Advertisement