Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trauma hospitals

• 30-04-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I seen yesterday with the unfortunate incident regarding the assault on the garda in Ballyogan that he was transported to Tallaght.

I know a report has previously been published on the trauma system in Ireland. Has the recommendations been put in place as surely Vincent's was the nearer hospital for this incident.

I know ambulances go straight to Jame's for cardiac. Is there other bypasses in place for the hospitals in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I seen yesterday with the unfortunate incident regarding the assault on the garda in Ballyogan that he was transported to Tallaght.

I know a report has previously been published on the trauma system in Ireland. Has the recommendations been put in place as surely Vincent's was the nearer hospital for this incident.

I know ambulances go straight to Jame's for cardiac. Is there other bypasses in place for the hospitals in Dublin.

No major trauma centres at the moment. I doubt this incident would hit the threshold for Major Trauma - suspect it might just be in Tallaght cachement but not sure?

There is a move to develop MTC's - detailed report on it here: http://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Report-of-the-Trauma-Steering-Group-A-Trauma-System-for-Ireland.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭easygoing1982

timmywex wrote: »
    suspect it might just be in Tallaght cachement but not sure?

No worries. It just had me wondering. I doubt the area would be tallaght catchment. It happened in Ballyogan which would be around cabinteely/carrickmines area.

No worries. It just had me wondering. I doubt the area would be tallaght catchment. It happened in Ballyogan which would be around cabinteely/carrickmines area.

Doesn't mean it's not their area. There's parts of Dublin 6 closer to Vincent's in the James's catchment area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Ballyogan is within the St. Vincent's ED catchment, however, if there happened to be anyone else hospitalised from the scene then decisions are often made to transport patients to other hospitals, where the ambulance service are involved. I will state that I was not involved in this particular call, I am just speaking from experience of these types of incidents.

Advertisement