Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad pot hole

Options
  • 30-04-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Warning:

There is a pot hole on the road merging to main traffic next to silversprings (Clayton hotel). This caused 3 puctures in space of 10 minutes alone yesterday.

It's been reported to council.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Warning:

There is a pot hole on the road merging to main traffic next to silversprings (Clayton hotel). This caused 3 puctures in space of 10 minutes alone yesterday.

It's been reported to council.

I passed up that road a couple of times of the weekend and saw a total of four cars pulled over changing tyres. I didn't see the pothole but there's no excuse for that kind of damage anywhere let alone on one of the most traveled roads out of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The state of the roads in the city in general are disgraceful.

The entirety of Anderson Quay (particularly down at the bus station end) is like something you'd see in a third world country.

The corner right outside the entrance to the Leisureplex as you pull off McCurtain Street is appalling, too.

I'm only highlighting these two as I travel on them every day to get to work but you could say similar of most streets in the city. Entire streets around the city need to be completely repaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭fonzy951

The state of the roads in the city in general are disgraceful.

The entirety of Anderson Quay (particularly down at the bus station end) is like something you'd see in a third world country.

The corner right outside the entrance to the Leisureplex as you pull off McCurtain Street is appalling, too.

I'm only highlighting these two as I travel on them every day to get to work but you could say similar of most streets in the city. Entire streets around the city need to be completely repaved.

Totally agree, the maintenance of the roads on the quays especially is abysmal, Camden quay is dire also. Not even a bare attempt to patch the roads, just left in this condition for years!!! Difficult to have confidence in the City Council if they can't even organise some basic road patch work right under their own noses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Even grand parade is getting bad from the capitol towards the mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Ah,I thought this was a thread about the lad I work with we call pot hole."Avoid him at all cost".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I drove down Wilton rd and up Sundays well a few weeks ago. I was like a drunk driver I was swerving so much.
    Couldn't believe the state of the roads. I live fairly rural and our roads aren't perfect but are far better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The cold weather and snow really made **** of the roads this year. The stupid number of rubbish trucks going round estates doesn't help either. There must be nine or ten of them every week in our estate and it is gone to hell this year as a result.

Advertisement