Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre auth confusion

• 30-04-2018 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I have an AIB click Visa card and I used it to order a laptop on the 21st of this month. I cancelled the order on Monday, but the pre-authorised charge has still not been released on the card. I rang AIB a few times about this, and each time I've been given a different answer. I've been told it takes 8 calendar days, 10 calendar days, 10 business days and 5 business days! One agent suggested I get the merchant to release the pre-authorisation charge but they just replied to me saying they voided the transaction last Monday.

Could anyone advise as to how long it ACTUALLY takes for a pre-auth to fall off a credit card account?

Thanks

Advertisement