Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTS 2018

• 30-04-2018 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Anyone watch the coverage of Bermuda yesterday? I thought Duffy was fantastic (as always). She powered up those hills with not a bother on her! Summer Cook must've been disappointed to have started the bike with Duffy and then dropped off so spectacularly. I thought it was interesting that Norway swept the men's podium. I'd watched Blummenfelt last year but I hadn't heard of the other two lads, have they only recently made the jump to the elites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

Anyone watch the coverage of Bermuda yesterday? I thought Duffy was fantastic (as always). She powered up those hills with not a bother on her! Summer Cook must've been disappointed to have started the bike with Duffy and then dropped off so spectacularly. I thought it was interesting that Norway swept the men's podium. I'd watched Blummenfelt last year but I hadn't heard of the other two lads, have they only recently made the jump to the elites?

Would love to have seen it but didnt manage to, really quite frustrating why they charge a subscription to watch it online ( I know BBC were showing it but they dont show all rounds).

Top 3 in the men's race going to Norway which was unexpected. I saw Blummenfelt live last year and he's an animal on the run, easily managing 3 min kms.

Delighted to see Katie Zaferes rebound from a bad concussion a few weeks ago and come in third.

Surprised Richard Murray didnt finish higher up the leaderboard.

Interestingly there was very little difference in times between the men and the women for the 1500 m swim segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

I watched it on BBC yesterday. Bit annoying since it was the day after the race had run so spoilers everywhere :/

Blummenfelt seemed to have a pretty solid year last year, not in the podium every time but near enough to the front of the pack. I know the talk was on Schoemann after his impressive start in Abu Dahbi and the Commonwealth Games. I'd thought I'd read something about the possibility of him doping? Or did I make that up? I was sad to see Johnny Brownlee not competing, I've a serious soft spot for him and was hoping he'd have a better year this year!

Katie Zaferes was fab. The sprint/photo finish between her and Holland was incredible. Gutted for her that she couldn't hold Holland off.

I would have loved to have seen Duffy take on Jorgensen but she's off targeting marathons at the moment. When Duffy is on form I don't think anyone could beat her really, she's a monster on the bike and her run is bang on as well.

I watched it on BBC yesterday. Bit annoying since it was the day after the race had run so spoilers everywhere :/

Blummenfelt seemed to have a pretty solid year last year, not in the podium every time but near enough to the front of the pack. I know the talk was on Schoemann after his impressive start in Abu Dahbi and the Commonwealth Games. I'd thought I'd read something about the possibility of him doping? Or did I make that up? I was sad to see Johnny Brownlee not competing, I've a serious soft spot for him and was hoping he'd have a better year this year!

Katie Zaferes was fab. The sprint/photo finish between her and Holland was incredible. Gutted for her that she couldn't hold Holland off.

I would have loved to have seen Duffy take on Jorgensen but she's off targeting marathons at the moment. When Duffy is on form I don't think anyone could beat her really, she's a monster on the bike and her run is bang on as well.

You're not wrong about Schoemann, as per link below, he tested positive for an unauthorised TUE which the ITU havent been the most transparent about and neither have they been proactive about sanctioning him. My concern is with increasing amounts of money entering triathlon (Superleague prize money will be huge later this year) plus ex pro cyclists like Cameron Wurf (who in recent weeks was training with team Sky of all teams !!) entering the sport there will be an inevitable upsurge in drug use in triathlon. The ITU should really be tackling this now before triathlon becomes utterly tainted in the way cycling has. I cant imagine how frustrating it is to compete against an athlete who has knowingly taken prohibited substances which would enhance their performance.

https://sputniknews.com/world/201801171060833854-olympics-doping-schoeman-tested/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's a pity Gwen isn't racing anymore. Would be great to see her and Duffy battling it out.
    Didn't get to watch end of mens race but good to see different names up there than Gomez and Brownlees, the mens racing had got a little boring a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Montreal race on live on BBCred button at the moment. Incredible bike leg playing out. 1 min lead wiped out in first 15k by Spirig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Blummenfelt is a big guy compared to the likes of Mola and the Browlee brothers. Mola looks like he is floating on the run compared to him.

Blummenfelt is a big guy compared to the likes of Mola and the Browlee brothers. Mola looks like he is floating on the run compared to him.

I met both last year, Mola is very slight for sure but Blummenfelt isnt that much bigger in person, he's broader for sure.

Astonishing 10km by Mola .. 29:48 min compared to Blummenfelt's 'slower' 31:05... insane

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

Haven't gotten around to watching the last few races. I was saddened to see Flora is out for the rest of the season. She's such a great racer and seems like a really sound person so I've a bit of a soft spot for her.

Advertisement