Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Kinnegad a growing town?

• 30-04-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi, I am researching about Kinnegad. Do you know anything about this town? 
    I read on web that it's a growing town with young families. 
    We are thinking to start up a small preschool there. Morning and afternoon sessions. Maximum 11 kids each session. Is Kinnegad a good location in a good catchment of towns around with parents willing to drop kids in?
    Or it's already full of preschools and creches? Obviously we will check with the council but we are overseas now and can only do some online research. 
    Also my daughter will start senior infant there. Is that a town good for a girl to grow? I read that there will be a new library and playground? 
    Million thanks for anyone who helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Nearest affordable location to Dublin north south east or west and 2 soon to be 3 decent supermarkets along with many decent bus services to the city.

Nice and quiet to raise kids.

Wouldnt live there myself as the town seems to have too transient a crowd but im really guessing as an outsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

Hi thanks veryangryman.

Do you live nearby Kinnegad?

Is it that there are too many new comers to the town that made it too transient?

It’s affordable for families with ok distance from Dublin, that’s why we are considering. And of course if there are plenty of young families, it would be a good location for a preschool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gary Gleeson

I am a web designer living nearby in Rochfortbridge and Kinnegad is quite similar with a mixture of families from the area plus families that have moved from Dublin to take advantage of cheaper housing and being close to 2 motorways.

Rochfortbridge has 1 creche and about 50% of the population is from Dublin.

I would say that it would be ideal as most people would commute to Dublin for work and they would be looking for childcare. But I would suggest getting some statistics from the last census to get an indication of the demographics of Kinnegad.

Regards

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

Thanks Gary. Now there is a change of plan but Kinnegad is still in our consideration. We checked the statistic already. The population in Kinnegad itself is not huge as after all it’s just a small town. But as you said, it’s in the middle of Dublin and Mullingar.

Will
    Keep researching. Would appreciate if anyone heard of any cries for more preschool in affordable place (property wise), in commuting distance to big cities as our husbands would probably need to commute to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gary Gleeson

If you were looking out this way I would suggest Mullingar. It's only another 15 minutes or so down the motorway and I know that the population was just over 20,000 in the 2011 census.

Mullingar is a commuter town too and you really need to be where the numbers are. <b>Navan</b> would be similar to Mullingar, but would have more people from Dublin there which might suit you better!

Best of luck with your house/creche hunting and if you think of it let me know where you decide.

Regards

Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

veryangryman. I sent you a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

no

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Robocopwannabe

I am a web designer living nearby in Rochfortbridge and Kinnegad is quite similar with a mixture of families from the area plus families that have moved from Dublin to take advantage of cheaper housing and being close to 2 motorways.

Rochfortbridge has 1 creche and about 50% of the population is from Dublin.

I would say that it would be ideal as most people would commute to Dublin for work and they would be looking for childcare. But I would suggest getting some statistics from the last census to get an indication of the demographics of Kinnegad.

Regards

Gary

Rochfortbridge has 3 crèches/pre schools

Advertisement