Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request visa debit card

Options
  • 30-04-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello

I am a current account customer

I have the regular atm card at the moment but I'd like to apply for a visa debit 

How much does it cost to apply for one? how do I go about applying for one?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

j4vier wrote: »
    Hello

I have the regular atm card at the moment but I'd like to apply for a visa debit 

Thanks

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can request a Visa Debit card through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be happy to order this for you. As this is the first Visa Debit card on your account there should be no charge for this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hello

Thanks

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can request a Visa Debit card through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be happy to order this for you. As this is the first Visa Debit card on your account there should be no charge for this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren

How long does it take for someone to get back to me? I sent a message yesterday morning but I haven't heard back

thanks

Margaret just solved this for me

Just a final question

Will the current ATM card still work or will it stop working after activating the visa debit?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Just a final question

Will the current ATM card still work or will it stop working after activating the visa debit?

Thanks

Great to hear that this got sorted for you j4vier.
    Your ATM card should remain active for 30 days or until you activate the new Visa Debit card which ever comes first.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Just a final question

Thanks

Great to hear that this got sorted for you j4vier.
    Your ATM card should remain active for 30 days or until you activate the new Visa Debit card which ever comes first.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hello

I got the visa debit card and activated it in the ATM this morning

Is there a limit to visa debit purchases?

I tried to use the card for purchasing state bonds but it was declined

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi j4vier,

You can pay up to your available funds at a point of sale or online using your Visa Debit card. Some retailers or website may have a limit on their side for accepting payments. When you tried to make the payment online, where you asked to enter a security code?

Thanks
    Tara

You can pay up to your available funds at a point of sale or online using your Visa Debit card. Some retailers or website may have a limit on their side for accepting payments. When you tried to make the payment online, where you asked to enter a security code?

No I wasn't asked for a security code. Do I need to set one up somewhere?

This was from the anpost website for purchasing prize bonds but they don't specify a limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

No I wasn't asked for a security code. Do I need to set one up somewhere?

This was from the anpost website for purchasing prize bonds but they don't specify a limit

Hi j4vier,

No you don't need to set your Visa Debit card up to received a security code. On websites that use Verified by Visa you will be presented with a screen upon purchase that will confirm the mobile number set up with your account which will receive the security code.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement