Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Sky not possible?

Options
  • 30-04-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I have had so many issues. with Eir in the 8 months I've been with them. Issues with pixellated TV recordings, lack of mobile coverage, loss of service. I've had engineers so often that Eir have now told me that I can be released from my contract early. 

So, I thought Sky have a superior product, Eir TV is way behind the times in terms of one demand services, limited to 2 recordings at any one time etc., I'd try them. I gave my home number and UAN number when requested. Apparently my line, fibre to the home, is imcompatible with Sky, they say they are unable to provide me with a service. They could give me no more advice than to contact Eir so any chance of an explanation? This seems highly dubious legally in terms of suppressing competition.

Can you please let me know why a BRAND NEW phone line is not compatible with Sky broadband/TV package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

I have had so many issues. with Eir in the 8 months I've been with them. Issues with pixellated TV recordings, lack of mobile coverage, loss of service. I've had engineers so often that Eir have now told me that I can be released from my contract early. 

So, I thought Sky have a superior product, Eir TV is way behind the times in terms of one demand services, limited to 2 recordings at any one time etc., I'd try them. I gave my home number and UAN number when requested. Apparently my line, fibre to the home, is imcompatible with Sky, they say they are unable to provide me with a service. They could give me no more advice than to contact Eir so any chance of an explanation? This seems highly dubious legally in terms of suppressing competition.

Can you please let me know why a BRAND NEW phone line is not compatible with Sky broadband/TV package?
    Hi davidrees1916, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you have had with ourselves. 

Unfortunately, I would be unable to comment on why another service provider can't supply you with a service, however, if you PM me your account number, name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll make sure everything is ok with the service from our side here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidrees1916

Tracey

the Sky person definitely saiid that it's an issue with Eir. I checked other threads on here and other people have had the same issue. I will message you privately but as usual I am left feeling disgruntled. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Tracey

the Sky person definitely saiid that it's an issue with Eir. I checked other threads on here and other people have had the same issue. I will message you privately but as usual I am left feeling disgruntled. 
    No problem, I understand. 

I'll come back to your PM soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tracey

They're lying.

Open Eir Sell A B and C to operators, Vodafone buy all three, Eir buy all three, Sky buy A and B but not C. This is Skys CHOICE. They do this with each new product to avoid installation fees. They're cheapskates.

You can move to sky by cancelling your FTTH entirely and setting up as a new line entirely. Sky make this difficult though as they dont really want to pay the NLP fee. This would include extended downtime (maybe a few weeks of no service).

Advertisement