Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Airways: 100 Years in the Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

For most of my life the Brits had BEA & BOAC.

BA is much younger than EI

Anyone remember commercial flights into Northholt ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Interesting looking documentary series starting on Tuesday night on Channel 5 @21:00.

Link http://www.channel5.com/show/british-airways-100-years-in-the-sky/

Info page says that " The first passengers sat in wicker chairs with no toilets." :eek:

Well I’ve been onboard the Iolar . It dates from 1936, 7-8 chairs made of canvas and metal rod in the cabin. That’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

0lddog wrote: »
    For most of my life the Brits had BEA & BOAC.

BA is much younger than EI

Anyone remember commercial flights into Northholt ?

And Blackbushe!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Channel 5 is not in the sky package. so that's going to stop quite a few watching it, just checked an alternate box, it is available on Free to air satellite.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Channel 5 is not in the sky package. so that's going to stop quite a few watching it, just checked an alternate box, it is available on Free to air satellite.

It should be in the "Other channels" section and if not it can be added manually in the "Add channels" section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

john boye wrote: »
    It should be in the "Other channels" section and if not it can be added manually in the "Add channels" section.

True, Id forgotten that, as we time shift just about everything these days, it saves a lot of time with being able to skip over endless and in some cases incredibly annoying adverts (Like those inane Haribo sweets ads) the other box will record, which is a better option for a number of reasons.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

This worked on my Sky+ box.
    On the Sky remote: Press 'Services' > Add channels > Frequency: 10964

Polarisation: Horizontal

Symbol rate (Mbaud): 22.0

FEC: 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

True, Id forgotten that, as we time shift just about everything these days, it saves a lot of time with being able to skip over endless and in some cases incredibly annoying adverts (Like those inane Haribo sweets ads) the other box will record, which is a better option for a number of reasons.

It's gambling adverts which annoy me most these days. More the sheer amount of them rather than any one ad in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Anyone watch this? I missed the first 15 minutes because of Champions League but it was fairly interesting to see the wicker chairs in the first planes. It went up as far as the advent of the 747. Looking forward to the next one featuring Concorde.

Advertisement