Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards AMA Week 2 - Necrominus

Options
  • 30-04-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

This week, coming to you straight from the Werewolf realm, we've got Necrominus!

A 2017 Zach Ryder Award Nominee, and live thread legend, Necro is ready, he's willing, and by God, he's able for your questions.

Have at him!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I will have to wait a few days to ask you something, Joe, TSC too most likely :pac:

actually wait...

mrburnscampaign.gif?w=600

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What's the origin of your username, if you don't mind sharing?

Indian or Chinese?

Haven't I met you before, in Ballymote perhaps?

Any favourite sports other than the Wrestling?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What's the origin of your username, if you don't mind sharing?

An old PS3 game, Kingdoms of Amalur. Was creating a character on there once, a dark warrior of some kind... just sort of stuck as a username.
    Indian or Chinese?

Chinese, I'm not terribly adventurous when it comes to food so give me a sweet and sour chicken any day :D
    Haven't I met you before, in Ballymote perhaps?

Yeah, we traded games, met outside of the hotel :)
    Any favourite sports other than the Wrestling?

GAA in particular, following the local club. I watch Intercounty, but don't get the same buzz as seeing lads I grew up with put on the local colours.

I watch soccer, but I'm not terribly pushed about it.

Again, I'd follow the national rugby team, but would rarely watch a provincial game.

Other than that, darts, little bit of tennis and that's my sporting quota I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Who'd be your favourite wrestler today and why?

Who's your favourite of all time?

TNA in 2005/06 or WWE in 2018?

Kurt Angle is to have a singles retirement match at WM35, who would you pit him against?

Spice bag or nah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Smackdown, Raw, NXT which one do you burn to the ground, push to the moon, or leave as is

Favorite WWE Champion

Most underrated wrestler past and present (In your opinion)

Favorite heel

Favorite face

what wrestling trope that has faded away or been dropped would you bring back

Wrestling ability or Mic ability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All Hail The Live Thread Gif Lord ((one of them anyways) :pac: :D

Who'd be your dinner guests any field of entertainment counts, they can be living or dead.

Have you met any other of the Boards PW crew besides Gerry?

Ideal Ride Along partners?

Would/Have you ever entertained the idea of being a pro-wrestler?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Who'd be your favourite wrestler today and why?

Who's your favourite of all time?

TNA in 2005/06 or WWE in 2018?

Kurt Angle is to have a singles retirement match at WM35, who would you pit him against?

Spice bag or nah?

1. Fave wrestler right now has to be Brawn Mememan :P He just has a presence that I really enjoy and while he's not technically great, he's pretty agile in the ring for a big dude.

2. All time.... tough call. Probably The Rock. Have soft spots for Edge and Jeff Hardy too.

3. Never really caught too much of TNA at all tbh so I'd have to go with WWE 2018.

4. With Angle, there's a lot of 'dream' matches you could potentially book, as well as rehash old ones. I'd probably book him VS Cena in a sort of replay of the Michaels/Flair angle, with a twist of Angle turning heel to force the match.
    Given their history it makes for a good story and fitting end to Angle's career.

Smackdown, Raw, NXT which one do you burn to the ground, push to the moon, or leave as is

Favorite WWE Champion

Most underrated wrestler past and present (In your opinion)

Favorite heel

Favorite face

what wrestling trope that has faded away or been dropped would you bring back

Wrestling ability or Mic ability?

1. Burn to the Ground - 3 hr RAW... not before trading Orton there and locking him in the burning building.. sorry Randy.

Leave as is: NXT - it has it's niche and cult following. I think changing too much about it might damage the brand tbh.

Push to the Moon - With Orton and RAW burning in Kane's living room, Smackdown becomes the top show. 2 hrs a week, plus the 1 hr for NXT, is absolutely plenty of weekly product for me.

2. Favorite WWE Champ: Probably the first 6 or so months of CM Punks longest reign. Great matches, excellent variety in opponents... then he jumped in with Paul Heyman and it went to sh1te in a shoe fairly quickly.

3. Hard to look past Triple H in any of his factions. Vince gives him a run, but HHH has such a punchable (nose) face

4. Daniel Bryan, no question. It's hard to remember anyone really who captivates the fans in the way Bryan has in recent years. That might be me being a little selective though.

5. Not sure if this is exactly what you mean but I'd like to see them bring back more international PPVs. With the network they could make some epic shows in England, as an example.

6. Mic ability, for me.

Ok, off to bed. Will answer the rest tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Please rank your top 3 favorite cheeses.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    All Hail The Live Thread Gif Lord ((one of them anyways) :pac: :D

Who'd be your dinner guests any field of entertainment counts, they can be living or dead.

Have you met any other of the Boards PW crew besides Gerry?

Ideal Ride Along partners?

Would/Have you ever entertained the idea of being a pro-wrestler?

1. Intellectual debates aside, I'd wanna have fun, so...

Stone Cold - he seems to have an unlimited supply of beer which suits me.

Nic Cage - stars in so many movies, ranging from the sublime to the absolutely awful, props to him...

Stephen King - favourite author, also wanna ask him why most of his books get transformed into turds through movies/TV

2. I don't think so. Have been to a Forum Games beers but none of the regulars that play there were at it...

3. Ride Along is interesting. Would love to be in a car with HBK or Ric Flair, hear some tales of the business, preferably in their playboy eras :pac:

4. Not really. I wouldn't be the tallest so Vince won't come calling any day soon. :P

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Please rank your top 3 favorite cheeses.

1. Cheddar - Sometimes buy a block, and some tinned pineapple, put them together for a delicious snack :D

I don't have a 2nd or third... sowwy :o

Cheeses Christ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What do you do for a living? Do you like it

Omackeral wrote: »
    What do you do for a living? Do you like it

I work taking calls from Gardai and inputting them onto Pulse in Castlebar, shift work so 6 days on and 4 days off.

What I like is that when I leave work for the day I don't have to think about it until I get back there. Also the work is handy, if sometimes a little harrowing hearing what people do to each other.

What I don't like... the long commute (about an hour), shift work isn't fun... but the shift allowance makes up for that for me :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    I work taking calls from Gardai and inputting them onto Pulse in Castlebar, shift work so 6 days on and 4 days off.

What I like is that when I leave work for the day I don't have to think about it until I get back there. Also the work is handy, if sometimes a little harrowing hearing what people do to each other.

What I don't like... the long commute (about an hour), shift work isn't fun... but the shift allowance makes up for that for me :D

Ha, that's crazy. I spent 3 years working in Davitt House myself. We were right across the hall from each other!

Ha, that's crazy. I spent 3 years working in Davitt House myself. We were right across the hall from each other!

:pac: I only started last September so perhaps not.

:pac: I only started last September so perhaps not.

Ah right! Ya, i was gone in November. For a short time at least :o

Ah right! Ya, i was gone in November. For a short time at least :o

I'm known as the 'Boards Guy' at work because one of my screens always has the site open :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

what is your karaoke song or song you break into when very drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm known as the 'Boards Guy' at work because one of my screens always has the site open :pac::pac:

since you a boards guy how/why did you join the site originally

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    what is your karaoke song or song you break into when very drunk?

I have a few, but my most recent one is 'Without Me' by Eminem.
    Did it for a local club fundraiser a while back and it seemed to go down ok so now I'm stuck with it :P

Also partial to a bit of Oasis tbh.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote:
    since you a boards guy how/why did you join the site originally

I can't remember exactly why I joined, I was on a course at the time and bored during the day listening to the lecturer drone on so signed up. That was back in... 2012 I think.

Tbh I spend more time in the Forum Games forum than anywhere else but I also follow most of the show threads here especially when I'm not around to watch them. Some great summations and rants there :D

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would buy?

What is your favourite meal?

What kind of music are you into - any favourite band or song?

If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be and why?

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would buy?

What is your favourite meal?

What kind of music are you into - any favourite band or song?

If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be and why?

1. Probably the ability to fly... save a tonne of money heading up to work each morning :pac:

2. First and foremost I'd buy a big ass house in the middle of nowhere:D

3. Partial to Bacon/Cheese Carbonara, but my absolute favourite meal currently is a doner kebab chip tray... nom nom nom.

4. Into most pop music tbh, haven't had a fave band since Oasis split up. Love a bit of Eminem too.

5. Ha. Change the euromillion numbers to my own quickpick ones maybe! I'm happy enough with my lot tbh, but I dunno... eradicate religion maybe? Seems the focal point of nearly every war... then again, those in power would just then find something else to fight over.
    Correct sizing of dogs or something daft like that :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not the best match ever but the match you would rewatch the most?

Are you going to go for Joe's new WW record?

Is there such as thing as a fav gif?

first fav wrestler as a kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

1. Dream Job in wrestling

2. If you could feud with anyone on the current roster who would it be and what would your angle be

3. Where do you see Hogan fitting in the current WWE if he inevitably comes back

1. Dream Job in wrestling

Commentator. I'd love to be calling the matches, adding my own swing on things. Wouldn't enjoy the whole Vince screaming in my ear part though :pac:
    2. If you could feud with anyone on the current roster who would it be and what would your angle be

Current roster is tough. I always had a vision of being involved in an angle with Ric Flair, him mentoring me then me turning on him in vicious fashion, setting up a grudge match in which we'd both bleed a lot but I'd go over as the up and coming talent.

Current roster I could make a good angle with Kurt in similar fashion I think.
    3. Where do you see Hogan fitting in the current WWE if he inevitably comes back

I dunno if he ever comes back given the current environment but I'd put him in as GM of Smackdown to replace Paige. Build to a final match if he's up for it against a heel where he finally puts over a big star a la the Rock... I can dream, right?

Advertisement