Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving homes, why new contract ?

Options
  • 30-04-2018 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans] Hello, I am eir customer, moving home.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]Today I rang eir to arrange moving services and I was told that I have to sign new contract to do so or quit with paying the early termination fee. I'm nearly half way through on 18 mth contract, an Eir customer [/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]since May[/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans] 2015[/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]. [/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]Sincerely I think that it is not right to force customer to sign a new contract if it differs in conditions and expands the time frame because in such case I could be stuck with eir forever if any future landlord decides to terminate tennancy before my eir contract expires. And also this which I think is most important: I am not moving home because I fancy to do so. It is the landlord who decides to sell his property and he has right to tell me to go. All I want to do is to pay what I'm paying now every month and be free when the last day of current contract expires.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans] Hello, I am eir customer, moving home.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]Today I rang eir to arrange moving services and I was told that I have to sign new contract to do so or quit with paying the early termination fee. I'm nearly half way through on 18 mth contract, an Eir customer [/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]since May[/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans] 2015[/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]. [/font][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans]Sincerely I think that it is not right to force customer to sign a new contract if it differs in conditions and expands the time frame because in such case I could be stuck with eir forever if any future landlord decides to terminate tennancy before my eir contract expires. And also this which I think is most important: I am not moving home because I fancy to do so. It is the landlord who decides to sell his property and he has right to tell me to go. All I want to do is to pay what I'm paying now every month and be free when the last day of current contract expires.[/font]
    Hi Filip Cweirtnia, 

Thanks for getting in touch with here. 

I'm afraid a new contract will apply when you move address, this information is correct and is the standard procedure. 

I'm sorry it's not better news.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Filip Cwiertnia

Thanks for reply.
    I understand that the new contract applies to the bundle which I use currently. So this means that in next February, when the handset I got with this bundle will be paid in full, I still won't be able to change this contract and stay with broadband only?
    Can you please confirm or tell me if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks for reply.
    I understand that the new contract applies to the bundle which I use currently. So this means that in next February, when the handset I got with this bundle will be paid in full, I still won't be able to change this contract and stay with broadband only?
    Can you please confirm or tell me if I'm wrong.
    I'm afraid not, once you move address all products on the account would go into the new contract. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement