Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a trampoline over a flowerbed

Options
  • 30-04-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I have a smallish but sloping garden. I have a big flower bed at the back and as it's the only flat space in the garden, I want to use this space for a trampoline. I'm not looking to sink the trampoline, just put it on top.

Is there any thing I would need to do to the flower bed for this? Is there anything I can put over the soil to stop muddy feet going onto the trampoline and into my house?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The trampoline is going to sink by itself if you put it into a flowerbed thats anyway cultivated.

You will need to spread the load of the legs to stop them sinking into the soil.

I presume you are not trying to retain/keep any flowers in this bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PurpleJulie

Thanks! No I'm not looking to keep any of the flowers, just trying to maximise the space in my garden for family living.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You could screw/strap the horizontal part of each leg to a section of heavy wooden sleeper sunk into the flower bed.

This sort of thing...

https://www.goodwins.ie/sleepers-treated-beams/c-1168.html

...which most builders providers should stock.

That would spread the load and add some useful weight.

You'd probably only need a couple, if you're up to sawing them in half.

For mud prevention you could add a few inches of bark mulch. Will also help if someone falls off/out!

I'm sure someone has a better idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PurpleJulie

Thanks Lumen, I'll suggest that to my hubby to see what he thinks, but it sounds like a good idea to me!

Advertisement