Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Dublin

Options
  • 30-04-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am a professional in my late 20's. I will be moving to Dublin in mid October and looking for somewhere to rent. I was hoping to house share. Would I easily find a place to rent at that time of the year? Would I want to have secured a place in August before the college rush? Also any hints for renting in Dublin greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

House share will be easy enough, just be ready to say yes to suitable rooms as if you delay someone else will be in there.

Also go with your guy, if the 'landlord' seems a nutter they probably are, and remember you have practically no rights as a licensee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Depends where you want to rent really. At the moment there's 1300 on the sharing section of daft. I assume a lot of that is to do with students moving out.
    Prices at a glance ranging between 500 in suburbs to 1500 in the centre per month.

Quality of houses and of roommates will vary hugely. Some beautiful shared houses with professionals and some squalid hellholes, the price can be the same too.

Owner occupiers probably best kept houses but you might not want to live with an owner. I'm renting out at least 1 if not 2 of my rooms in next month or so, looking for professionals too probably in the multinationals nearby that will be up for working week then back home.

You'll have to be up here to have a look.
    If you are moving to Dublin for a few years at least I wouldn't see any harm in paying a few extra months rent now just to secure a place. Obviously not ideal but once the student rush starts it will be a nightmare although you may not be looking at same rooms as the students.

So daft suggests it will be easy, evidence from others suggests it isn't. Plenty of rooms but a lot of dumps. Important to have something suitable and living with someone suitable too.

Advertisement