Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

• 30-04-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi am currently applying for my mortgage..

I just want to ask the question to put my mind at ease about this.

Me and my partner have saved 23 thousand since last feb and are jus about to go for mortgage

Now I have a 3 thousand loan out which is down to 2300 and have never missed a payment

Only thing is I have an overdraft in my account which I sometimes go under according to my statements it is only an overdraft of a hundred euro

I'm hoping someone could get me know wether this will be a big deal for the banks or not

We are only going for a house with the value of 182

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Only thing is I have an overdraft in my account which I sometimes go under according to my statements it is only an overdraft of a hundred euro

Do you stay within the terms of your overdraft? If so, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you exceed your agreed overdraft so that direct debits or other transactions are bouncing and there are "referral fees" on your bank statements, that can be a black mark against you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Saving €23,000 in 2 months is very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

14 months

But still very impressive.

Makes you wonder why someone able to save so much needs an overdraft at all.

Advertisement