Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days at beach from NYC

Options
  • 30-04-2018 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Have 9 days or so in NYC - with 2 teenagers - for family reasons, I don't want to do a 2-city holiday. We'll be on public transport. What's the story on getting to beaches from NYC - are they actually easily accessible by public transport? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Have 9 days or so in NYC - with 2 teenagers - for family reasons, I don't want to do a 2-city holiday. We'll be on public transport. What's the story on getting to beaches from NYC - are they actually easily accessible by public transport? Thanks

Coney Island is accessible by train. The Q train goes from Times Square subway and the F train goes from Rockefeller Center subway. It takes roughly an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Some only open after May 28 - Memorial day ?

(check this w/ someone who would know )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks - it had struck me that Coney Island was somewhere in that area - and it is (presumably) public, pleasant, clean etc?? Thanks for opening date info - it will be well into summer before we head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Coney Island are you kidding? Not really a nice beach to be honest take a train from Penn Station down the Jersey Shore to Asbury Park far nicer beach and less dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Take the A train to the Rockaways which used to be called the Irish Riveria :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

jjbrien wrote: »
    Coney Island are you kidding? Not really a nice beach to be honest take a train from Penn Station down the Jersey Shore to Asbury Park far nicer beach and less dangerous.

I was only there once. Nice beach but awful day and it was off season so there weren’t many others there. The amusements were closed but some of them looked like great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Take the A train to the Rockaways which used to be called the Irish Riveria :)

Rockaway Beaches are good, we went a few times last year, nice boardwalk with vendors.

Advertisement