Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did people get so stupid?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I know that kids these days are spending a lot of their communion money on 'virtual money' for what in the old days we called video games, and in the new days we call XBox or Playstation.

Its a brilliant concept that not only works on kids but on some young adults also.

You give us your real money; and we will give you fake money in exchange. The kids go crazy for it.

There may be a market in trading virtual miles. So if you run 50 miles in a week, and thats recorded on like....a device?.....that you can sell those miles to someone who wants to have 50 miles recorded on their....device?

Is that what this discussion is all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can't lay all the blame on the kids on that one, unless they're communion aged kids who go out and earn their own money to spend on such things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I know that kids these days are spending a lot of their communion money on 'virtual money' for what in the old days we called video games, and in the new days we call XBox or Playstation.

Its a brilliant concept that not only works on kids but on some young adults also.

You give us your real money; and we will give you fake money in exchange. The kids go crazy for it.

There may be a market in trading virtual miles. So if you run 50 miles in a week, and thats recorded on like....a device?.....that you can sell those miles to someone who wants to have 50 miles recorded on their....device?

Is that what this discussion is all about?

That would be genius. Sell your miles to someone who wants to use them to justify the medals they buy.
    I'm all over that.

Advertisement