Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats my alternative options to Virgin Media

• 01-05-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking for options from others who may have moved away from Virgin Media for a better deal, or because they become less reliant on their services due to IPTV and/or Android boxes etc.

So I am currently with Virgin Media and was thinking of cancelling, but moving away from their Broadband is my biggest concern.
    I currently have their modem bridged into an ASUS Ac66u which controls all my home network needs.

I want to reduce costs by getting rid of the TV packages and Phone but the way their price plans are structured its more expensive to just have a single (broadband) service with them.

The kids are that bit older now so can use devices better, so I am confident we can get all current TV channel needs from IPTV.

So has anyone managed to do similar, or highlight any other pitfalls that I may not have covered?

all advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

... I am confident we can get all current TV channel needs from IPTV.

How do you propose to get RTE or BBC via IPTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd go with a receiver that has multiple capabilities, that can be used on your current setup, and has iptv capabilities. Covers all options, but I guess it depends on your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Just been told Eir Fibre not available in my area :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just been told Eir Fibre not available in my area

Maybe 'alternative' iptv services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Maybe 'alternative' iptv services?

Yea, I am good to go with all that ;)..now trying to find the most competitive broadband provider that will slot into my current network setup with the least disruption

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

Was in a similar situation. Got a combo box (formular box) from world of satellites. Have a soarview aerial and sat. Dish. I got the software pre flashed and then attach an old hard drive for recording. You have to send some time getting it set up but was a lot of fun. I was on the same virgin package (tv phone broadband) and once my contract was up spoke with their retention team and just got broadband. Very happy with their broadband as their tv offering is nothing special and my combo box is far faster and quieter.

Advertisement