Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There are some scum bags out there!

Options
  • 01-05-2018 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Just a rant!

An Amazon delivery came today, it was a warehouse deal only a 10% reduction but on tools that can't easily be damaged you can go wrong can you. WRONG :mad:

I opened up my box of Bahco Rachet Spanners to discover that the person that returned them had removed the Bahco tools and replaced them with Rolson ones, Scum Bags!

/rant over.

Don't worry I know Amazon will take them back refund me and pay the postage but I though you might like to know how some scum bags take advantage of Amazons systems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They came in a display box with a storage pouch. The tools had been taken out of the display part of the box and fitted into the pouch so it wasn't obvious at first glance that the incorrect tools were in the pouch.

Edit> The 10x12, 11x13, 14x17 Rolson Ratchet Ring Spanners from this set were in the Bahco case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm sure Amazon can trace that package to whomever did this....but they are likely to say they sent back the right ones and it was somebody at Amazon that did it.

absolute chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Amazon will sort it, get onto them asap they are generally very good with this sort of thing

Amazon will sort it, get onto them asap they are generally very good with this sort of thing

Well you'd think so, but I just contacted them mainly because I didn't want them sending the same tools out to someone else, but according to their system the item hasn't been delivered yet so I have to wait for a few hours before they can do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

its been happening for years, really amazons fault not having quality checks after re-selling and they take damage on that.

One scam that was used not to long ago was to buy graphics cards 500-700e and replace with 200e worth, and since amazon takes item back easily few people managed to swap front ends with low quality cards and only when someone opted for used it was noticed, and thats hard since one would actually need to plug it in to see difference with some items they sell etc, thus always better pay extra but get brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

Result!

Went through the call back option again and after a bit of a lengthy call the upshot is that I can keep the item (I'll keep the pouch for something and bin the Rolson spanners) and they are processing a full refund.

+1 Amazon customer service.

id say amazon are simply penny pinching, they would need to setup different division that deals with returns, or even returning items to manufacturer, but that alone prob would take massive profits out.

my biggest disappointment was getting genuine leather boss wallet which cost 100e+ sold directly by amazon, and once it came it was already suspicious looking packaging etc, two months later all stitches were ripped apart - last similar wallet lasted 5 years original, only good thing is they do manage to sort out returns and refunds, but again they bought smth fake and were selling as real deal.

there are some horrible stories from online about amazons practice in general, but think they rather refund then restructure whole business model, as these accidents are rare enough compared to changes that would be needed.

as every business can afford some loss amazon being largest think they can afford a lot of that and still run smooth, gl OP with next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

scamalert wrote: »
    id say amazon are simply penny pinching, they would need to setup different division that deals with returns, or even returning items to manufacturer, but that alone prob would take massive profits out.

my biggest disappointment was getting genuine leather boss wallet which cost 100e+ sold directly by amazon, and once it came it was already suspicious looking packaging etc, two months later all stitches were ripped apart - last similar wallet lasted 5 years original, only good thing is they do manage to sort out returns and refunds, but again they bought smth fake and were selling as real deal.

there are some horrible stories from online about amazons practice in general, but think they rather refund then restructure whole business model, as these accidents are rare enough compared to changes that would be needed.

as every business can afford some loss amazon being largest think they can afford a lot of that and still run smooth, gl OP with next purchase.

The costs of returns for all online companies is a huge burden and Amazon are obviously trying to save money by having the customers of outlet items do the QC checks rather than pay staff.

https://www.ft.com/content/52d26de8-c0e6-11e5-846f-79b0e3d20eaf

https://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2016/dec/15/hidden-cost-e-commerce-online-shopping-entrepreneurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've gotten items that wouldn't even have passed a visual inspection let alone a testing. Like a monitor with no power adaptor, for example. I only buy if there's a major reduction as the risk is pretty high with Warehouse items.

Quite a few companies operator similarly. I've gotten b-grade items from Dabs, OCUK, and a few others that arrived completely DOA out of the box, broken, missing obvious/essential parts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I never heard of warehouse deals. This has been educational.

its always out of sight hidden button, but as many said its lottery as buyer usually is the one that gets to inspect what have they actually gotten. personally theres very slim market for used items that one would want to buy, theres already flood of second hand graphics cards that someone would used 24/7 at 100% capacity for months non stop and buying one is like buying ticking time bomb, as no one knows what damage is done overtime on gpu with constant stress,cooling issues etc from running them to mine some cryptos.

My advice would be don't bother. Discount is normally no more than 10% and you don't get a manufacturers guarantee.

I only started using them when I found a new item that would not ship to Ireland but it was also available as a Warehouse Deal that did ship to Ireland.

Had another Warehouse Deal that was supposed to arrive this week and instead it ended up signed for in a post office from another postal area, shipping on my order clearly states my correct home address.

So far thats 3 Warehouse Deal orders and only one worked out as it should. I'll get the third item eventually but I'm now wondering what will be in the box :eek:

Advertisement