Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

thebull85 wrote: »
    So it seems the thread is not full of racism after all.

No argument against the 'simpletons' then ey?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

wexie wrote: »
    No argument against the simpletons then ey?

What are you talking about ?

You know what.....if I thought about it for a while I don't think I could have come up with a better way for you to prove my point.

thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

No argument against the 'simpletons' then ey?

You know what.....if I thought about it for a while I don't think I could have come up with a better way for you to prove my point.

thanks ;)

Comedy gold!

f*ck off back to the music threads with you, weird c**t.

Judging by some of your posts you're definitly in need of having your hard drive seized.

oooh well done....snappy comeback, eloquent too

oooh well done....snappy comeback, eloquent too

Absolute danger this fella...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Judging by some of your posts you're definitly in need of having your hard drive seized.

You're really not doing much improve your demonstration of your calibre.

Imagine that, simpletons getting upset about having it pointed out to them they're simpletons...

well that's my good deed done for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod Note: thebull85, do not post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement

Imagine that, simpletons getting upset about having it pointed out to them they're simpletons...

well that's my good deed done for the day

You're the one started with the name calling. You' ve nothing else to say other than to insult people, so expect to get it back.

Now if you've nothing more to add can we get this thread back on track please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The Irish in America are firmly middle class as are most immigrants to Europe.

Read some history. The Irish were far from "middle class" when they started going to the USA. It took time, effort, compassion, and hard work. And now Irish descendants are practically running the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun. Be a better result to rid us of all the scum in the country from all races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun. Be a better result to rid us of all the scum in the country from all races.

Maybe Gardaí don't want to be executioners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

You think the Gardai don't want more suitable protection?? :D

Some gas divils on this thread.

I've said it here before but it's worth repeating - Political Correctness has gone so far that it itself has, ironically, become racist.

As a country that is absolutely fantastic at producing its own very dangerous criminals for our overwhelmed police force to contend with, why we insist on importing more always perplexes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

WHIP IT! wrote: »

No doubt they do but that doesn't have to mean arming them. I would like to see how many rank and file Gardai actually want to be armed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

why we insist on importing more always perplexes me.

No, one actually wants criminals to immigrate here :eek:. I am no expert on the our immigration laws, but I am going to go out on a limb here, but I doubt we give any kind of leg up to convicted criminals........

wes wrote: »
    No, one actually wants criminals to immigrate here :eek:. I am no expert on the our immigration laws, but I am going to go out on a limb here, but I doubt we give any kind of leg up to convicted criminals........

Jesus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

You think the Gardai don't want more suitable protection??

The fact you can't see a difference between these two statements is scary.

The fact you can't see a difference between these two statements is scary.

Oh yes, terrifying I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Jesus :D

Come on now, Jesus didn't get a fair trial from the Romans :P.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Come on now, Jesus didn't get a fair trial from the Romans :P.

Stitched up, he was....

Actually, he was nailed up... allegedly! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Some gas divils on this thread.

I've said it here before but it's worth repeating - Political Correctness has gone so far that it itself has, ironically, become racist.

As a country that is absolutely fantastic at producing its own very dangerous criminals for our overwhelmed police force to contend with, why we insist on importing more always perplexes me.

Actually yes, They garda were surveyed by their own union.

The majority of gardai did not want firearms.

but you want them to have them.... why ?

That perplexes me.

listermint wrote: »

That perplexes me.

I want who to have what? :confused:

Are you serious?

Goodshape wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Absolutely. Assuming Lester didn't quote the wrong post, what am I being asked?

Are you having trouble following the conversation or just being deliberately obtuse?

You're being asked why you want guards to have, or why you think guards want to have, "more suitable protection" which, in the context of the conversation, is firearms, despite the majority of guards themselves declaring that they do not.

I think listermint is curious what inside information you have that the rest of us are obviously lacking.

Or, again, maybe you're just not really following along with the conversation here?

Here's the context for you:
    Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun.

Are you having trouble following the conversation or just being deliberately obtuse?

You're being asked why you want guards to have, or why you think guards want to have, "more suitable protection" which, in the context of the conversation, is firearms, despite the majority of guards themselves declaring that they do not.

I think listermint is curious what inside information you have that the rest of us are obviously lacking.

Or, again, maybe you're just not really following along with the conversation here?

At no point, in any of this conversation, anywhere, did I say I wanted Gardai to have guns. You seem to be having trouble with your words.

At no point, in any of this conversation, anywhere, did I say I wanted Gardai to have guns. You seem to be having trouble with your words.

Then what were you talking about here?

dodderangler: "Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun"

Captain Obvious: "Maybe Gardaí don't want to be executioners."

You: "You think the Gardai don't want more suitable protection?? :D"

You didn't say guns but I don't know what else you could have meant given the context.

Then what were you talking about here?

dodderangler: "Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun"

Captain Obvious: "Maybe Gardaí don't want to be executioners."

You: "You think the Gardai don't want more suitable protection?? :D"

I don't really know what to tell ya here, lad. None of the words I've used there are in any way difficult to figure out.

The thread that you're posting in was prompted by a story about two gardai (one male, one female) who got beaten with a baseball bat while they themselves were armed with pepper spray and harsh language.

I'm inclined to think, Gardai would dearly love to have more protection on the job - especially when it involves going into an enclave like above where they are drastically outnumbered. I know any of my own friends who are on the force certainly would.

This is why I typed the above words in my earlier post that you seem to be having such trouble figuring out.

At the risk of offending you, I really can't dumb it down any more than this :confused:

I'm inclined to think, Gardai would dearly love to have more protection on the job - especially when it involves going into an enclave like above where they are drastically outnumbered. I know any of my own friends who are on the force certainly would.

And – read the posts I quoted again – the "extra protection" we are talking about here is firearms. So I think you DO know what listermint meant by "you want them to have them.... why ?".

Ohhhh, you! You're just messin with us aren't you? LOLS.

• Advertisement

And – read the posts I quoted again – the "extra protection" we are talking about here is firearms. So I think you DO know what listermint meant by "you want them to have them.... why ?".

Ohhhh, you! You're just messin with us aren't you? LOLS.

You alright, fella?? :confused:

You alright, fella?? :confused:

I'm good. Thanks <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stitched up, he was....

Actually, he was nailed up... allegedly! :eek:
    He had a big meal, and then his bro Judas brought him to see Nine Inch Nails, after which he wasn't seen for three days (3 day hangover?).
    I assume they don't want the option of killing someone; I can understand this, as it's something that you'll always remember.

Also, the training those with guns currently get is fcuking woeful, and is often just shooting your gun in the range once a year.

So I can see why they don't want guns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

looks like the idots have taken over the thread ,

trying to get it shut down because they dont like the facts again eh

mynamejeff wrote: »
    looks like the idots have taken over the thread ,

trying to get it shut down because they dont like the facts again eh

I know! It's maddening!! Just can't have a good racist rant anymore without some cuckold snowflake warbling on about basic human decency or some other commie bull****.

ITS PC GONE MAD SO IT IS.

Everyone knows that the entire 1.2 billion people in Africa are total bastards.

This thread is about the gang that attacked the Gardai not the 1.2 billion in Africa.

Rory28 wrote: »
    This thread is about the gang that attacked the Gardai not the 1.2 billion in Africa.

So you agree then that the fact these particular individuals happen to be among the 1.2+ billion people on Earth who call themselves African has precious little relevance to the story.

Perhaps you might even agree that it could be racist to suggest otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

The Irish in America are firmly middle class as are most immigrants to Europe.

😂😂 Tell that to those illegal Irish immigrants in America who can't come home cos they migrated when the Irish economy could not do anything for them back then. There are scumbags in every country so what's your point again? Ever heard of the Irish drug dealers in America? A simple google search will inform you.
    And no you don't have to explain to me that you are blinded by your racism so you don't see the Irish scumbags all around you ( maybebecause you think your life can speak for all Irish people)
    Keep assuming that all Irish people are middle class in America until there happens to be another crash that will send some running to other countries.
    PS:
    In America the middle class is becoming extinct. It's either you are rich or poor. Stop assuming that your skin colour makes you any better than somebody else.

I know! It's maddening!! Just can't have a good racist rant anymore without some cuckold snowflake warbling on about basic human decency or some other commie bull****.

ITS PC GONE MAD SO IT IS.

Come again? Lmao! I have to save this to show any Irish person I hear complain of prejudice from the British, Germans etc. Who is an Irish person to be racist? The Irish are the least of the least just in case you are wondering. When white idiots are being racist the Irish should be mute because Irish were enslaved by the British and they took part of the land. Why couldn't the Irish do anything?
    I wonder how much your racism has deposited in your bank account. I don't have a hard time guessing you are just one pink idiot with wrinkled chicken skin that's is almost reoffending but is trying so hard to convince himself that his albinism makes him better than someone else.
    Ugly looking bastard

• Advertisement

So you agree then that the fact these particular individuals happen to be among the 1.2+ billion people on Earth who call themselves African has precious little relevance to the story.

Perhaps you might even agree that it could be racist to suggest otherwise.

I dont quite follow but I'll say it again. This has nothing to do with Africa. Speaking for myself I want all criminals deported to space but that is not feasible so I will settle for deporting those we can and incarcerating the home grown scum. The colour of their skin is irrelevant. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

Unanimous wrote: »
    Come again? Lmao!

I'd hoped my post was so outrageous that I wouldn't actually need the "/s" or ":pac:" sarcasm tag :(

Just to be absolutely clear: the post you quoted was parody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

Rory28 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself I want all criminals deported to space but that is not feasible so I will settle for deporting those we can and incarcerating the home grown scum. The colour of their skin is irrelevant. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

I cant see any valid reason why anyone would disagree with this statement. :confused:

Read some history. The Irish were far from "middle class" when they started going to the USA. It took time, effort, compassion, and hard work. And now Irish descendants are practically running the place.

Yh some of which are drug dealers and maffias. PS. There is only a handful of those. What's the population of America for you to assume that it is the Irish people that manage to be successful that are running the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

😂😂 Tell that to those illegal Irish immigrants in America who can't come home cos they migrated when the Irish economy could not do anything for them back then. There are scumbags in every country so what's your point again? Ever heard of the Irish drug dealers in America? A simple google search will inform you.
    And no you don't have to explain to me that you are blinded by your racism so you don't see the Irish scumbags all around you ( maybebecause you think your life can speak for all Irish people)
    Keep assuming that all Irish people are middle class in America until there happens to be another crash that will send some running to other countries.
    PS:
    In America the middle class is becoming extinct. It's either you are rich or poor. Stop assuming that your skin colour makes you any better than somebody else.

I looked into the Irish drug dealers in America. Not much on that.

Yh some of which are drug dealers and maffias. PS. There is only a handful of those. What's the population of America for you to assume that it is the Irish people that manage to be successful that are running the place?

My point was that the once down-trodden "scumbag" poor and retched paddies who escaped Ireland during our own troubled past, and went to America, were not "firmly middle class". It took time for us to get there.

We might be nice enough to remember that and show a little compassion to those arriving on our own shores today.

Of course some of them bring their troubles. We can deal with that. The answer is not demonising or "deport all the africans".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

My point was that the once down-trodden "scumbag" poor and retched paddies who escaped Ireland during our own troubled past, and went to America, were not "firmly middle class". It took time for us to get there.

We might be nice enough to remember that and show a little compassion to those arriving on our own shores today.

Of course some of them bring their troubles. We can deal with that. The answer is not demonising or "deport all the africans".
    "WE can deal with that" are you living in that estate?
    Who do you mean by "we", do you mean the authorities, yea cause they are doing a great job stopping native criminals killing each other at will,
    Or do you mean the people living near these particular criminals ( I assume this means you)
    Are they expected to stand up to these people without being accused of being racists

We as a society.

Also, yes – stand up to them. Criminals shouldn't go uncontested. Do deport bad elements if it makes sense to do so (case by case, etc.).

As a society we can stand up to them and support each other in the face of them.

But don't shout about "African gangs" and schools having "too many blacks" these days (both examples found throughout this thread).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The attempts at parallel with the Irish who went to the U.S. are hopelessly weak, downright laughable in fact.

They were brought as labour to work a new empty land stocked with untapped resources and pushing westwards at a rate of knots.

Most of them worked hard manual jobs with long days.

They got no social welfare. Not LOW social welfare, but zilch - nothing. You don't work - you don't eat. Nobody cooked their meals for them.

They were inspected at places like Ellis Island. If you were not what they required, you were back on the boat home. No correspondence entered into on that either, no 'appeal' system or free legal aid paid by the U.S. treasury.

There was no right to automatically bring your family just because you got in there, be they immediate or otherwise.

They paid their own travel into the interior.

If they wanted houses of worship for their beliefs, they paid for that themselves through fundraising within their own community.

Criminal behaviour was met with jail time. If they wanted a lawyer, they paid for him. The judge didn't consider how difficult jail might be for them as non-natives.

topper75 wrote: »
    They were brought as labour to work a new empty land stocked with untapped resources and pushing westwards at a rate of knots.

Most of them worked hard manual jobs with long days.

They got no social welfare. Not LOW social welfare, but zilch - nothing. You don't work - you don't eat. Nobody cooked their meals for them.

They were inspected at places like Ellis Island. If you were not what they required, you were back on the boat home. No correspondence entered into on that either, no 'appeal' system or free legal aid paid by the U.S. treasury.

There was no right to automatically bring your family just because you got in there, be they immediate or otherwise.

They paid their own travel into the interior.

If they wanted houses of worship for their beliefs, they paid for that themselves through fundraising within their own community.

Criminal behaviour was met with jail time. If they wanted a lawyer, they paid for him. The judge didn't consider how difficult jail might be for them as non-natives.

And praise his noodly appendage that we can afford people a little better experience today. How is that not something to be proud of?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

that we can afford people a little better experience today.

We can pay for it for sure. That we can afford it is a lot more contentious in my view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement