Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wish the guards still had a few Lugs Brannigan types in their ranks.

Men like that had no problem enforcing the law. The mere mention of his name was enough to strike fear into scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    We can pay for it for sure. That we can afford it is a lot more contentious in my view.

Why we would pay for it is another point which has never been fully explained. We don't owe them anything. If immigrants are supposed to be an economic powerhouse, why do they need the handouts? They are supposed to be paying for us, not the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Goodshape wrote: »
    So you agree then that the fact these particular individuals happen to be among the 1.2+ billion people on Earth who call themselves African has precious little relevance to the story.

Perhaps you might even agree that it could be racist to suggest otherwise.

These individuals being African is relevant because it means they can be deported. We cannot deport dregs like the Kinahans, but we can deport these dregs. The difference being they are African, so its relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Then what were you talking about here?

dodderangler: "Wish the Garda would call for something more useful than a taser. Like a 9mm or 1911 handgun"

Captain Obvious: "Maybe Gardaí don't want to be executioners."

You: "You think the Gardai don't want more suitable protection?? :D"

You didn't say guns but I don't know what else you could have meant given the context.

And you are who and I'm being brought into your discussion why? Never addressed to you. You want to address me with hen do it alone and not drag others into it.
    I'd rather the Garda have guns because there's too many scum out there in need of execution. Now we're importing criminals by the looks of it? Nothing a bullet wouldn't solve. Garda have nothing realistically. Criminals do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Wish the guards still had a few Lugs Brannigan types in their ranks.

Men like that had no problem enforcing the law. The mere mention of his name was enough to strike fear into scumbags.

Beating the living crap out of people - frequently young eejits with a few too many in them - wasn't or is not "enforcing the law".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

And you are who and I'm being brought into your discussion why? Never addressed to you. You want to address me with hen do it alone and not drag others into it.
    I'd rather the Garda have guns because there's too many scum out there in need of execution. Now we're importing criminals by the looks of it? Nothing a bullet wouldn't solve. Garda have nothing realistically. Criminals do.

I wasn't taking to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It would be interesting to know if rank and file Gardai would be in favour of carrying a firearm at all times.

The Canadian and Australian cops are armed and they aren't shooting people left right and centre, IMO it's unrealistic in 2018 to have an unarmed police force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I wasn't taking to you.

You brought my name into a discussion with someone else! Whether you were taking to me or not it is irrelevant because you brought my name into it

You brought my name into a discussion with someone else!

Your comment was the genesis of a conversation I was having with WHIP IT!. That's why it was included.

None of my comments were addressed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It would be interesting to know if rank and file Gardai would be in favour of carrying a firearm at all times.

The Canadian and Australian cops are armed and they aren't shooting people left right and centre, IMO it's unrealistic in 2018 to have an unarmed police force.

Last survey was 2008 and it was half in favour. But that was before pepper spray and the mounds of paperwork that came with it.

• Advertisement

Your comment was the genesis of a conversation I was having with WHIP IT!. That's why it was included.

None of my comments were addressed to you.

Perhaps you should use PM if you wanted to have a private conversation.

Perhaps you should use PM if you wanted to have a private conversation.

It was a public conversation which made reference to a public comment. I don't know what dodderangler is upset about and I don't need their permission to reference a public comment they made.

That's just how discussion forums work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-rushed-to-hospital-after-being-stabbed-suspect-arrested-36874054.html

armed garda seriously stabbed in galway

again is it incredible restraint or fear of not being backed by the stare if they do deploy the few resources at thier disposal ?

it is not a exaggeration to say that if you stabbed an armed man in any other country in the world you would be shot immediately and not have to worry about losing your job after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jesus the Africans and blacks are stabbing them now That's it, mind made up. Deport them all now. Won't somebody think of the children?

I told you all this would happen, first baseball bats and now knifes. It won't be long before guns and we are like LA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Isn't Diversity great?
    Id say close the borders now but its probably too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

mynamejeff wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-rushed-to-hospital-after-being-stabbed-suspect-arrested-36874054.html

armed garda seriously stabbed in galway

again is it incredible restraint or fear of not being backed by the stare if they do deploy the few resources at thier disposal ?

it is not a exaggeration to say that if you stabbed an armed man in any other country in the world you would be shot immediately and not have to worry about losing your job after

Whatever happened I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A member of the Armed Response Unit was stabbed in Oranmore today.

There seems to be no fear among criminals that the Gardai could use their gun to defend themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Those thugs should get a good beating and sent back to wherever they came from...scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

RasTa wrote: »
    Jesus the Africans and blacks are stabbing them now That's it, mind made up. Deport them all now. Won't somebody think of the children?

I told you all this would happen, first baseball bats and now knifes. It won't be long before guns and we are like LA

BUT.....BUT....BUT..... DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!","WE'RE STRONGER TOGETHER!!!!!!"

Seriously though, they should be deported immediately. Send them to Mad Merkel since she wants them so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Why and how do so many Africans get in here? Is it something to do with the Common travel and many of these being ex UK colonies?
    I can't see the pressing need to let in even more Nigerians (with their 80% plus welfare dependency)- what exactly are they adding to the nation?
    Time we tightened up big time and only allow in those we deem to have a skill that adds value to our economy. The rest either be deported back to where they came from or blocked on entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

road_high wrote: »
    Why and how do so many Africans get in here? Is it something to do with the Common travel and many of these being ex UK colonies?
    I can't see the pressing need to let in even more Nigerians (with their 80% plus welfare dependency)- what exactly are they adding to the nation?
    Time we tightened up big time and only allow in those we deem to have a skill that adds value to our economy. The rest either be deported back to where they came from or blocked on entry.

Most if not all them have come here through the asylum system.

I wouldn't trust the gardas with water pistols never mind guns.

Given how corrupt they are it would be insane to give them guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

It's not about race or nationality.
    It's simply criminality.
    We are a soft touch.
    So like knotweed they invade and spread.

The criminals i mean, let's not segregate scum into seperate groups based on anything but their being scum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dr Brown wrote: »
    road_high wrote: »

Most if not all them have come here through the asylum system.

How? We're not the first safe country and to my knowledge there are no direct Nigeria to Ireland flights.

Unless they were on holiday in Syria???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

It's not about race or nationality.
    It's simply criminality.
    We are a soft touch.
    So like knotweed they invade and spread.

The criminals i mean, let's not segregate scum into seperate groups based on anything but their being scum.

True, but why accept the scum from other countries? As that 'nutty' Polish MEP pointed out; these countries aren't sending their prized citizens but the human trash who target countries with good social welfare benefits.

We need to take a leaf out of Polands book and happily take sanctions from the EU rather than immigrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

bfa1509 wrote: »
    True, but why accept the scum from other countries? As that 'nutty' Polish MEP pointed out; these countries aren't sending their prized citizens but the human trash who target countries with good social welfare benefits.

We need to take a leaf out of Polands book and happily take sanctions from the EU rather than immigrants.

The bleeding hearts of Ireland continue to push this agenda of 'human rights' and obviously have never lived beside or had any direct dealings with these scumbags they are bleating on about 'helping'.
    What about my rights as a native Irish person not to have to put up with imported scumbags?

jim salter wrote: »
    The bleeding hearts of Ireland continue to push this agenda of 'human rights' and obviously have never lived beside or had any direct dealings with these scumbags they are bleating on about 'helping'.
    What about my rights as a native Irish person not to have to put up with imported scumbags?

"Diversity" has always only been for the little people.

Just like Mary "5 Pensions" Robinson whos all for travellers "rights" except when travellers set up shop near Robinson's house she put in an objection saying that the site beside her house was "not suitable" for travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

"Diversity" has always only been for the little people.

Just like Mary "5 Pensions" Robinson whos all for travellers "rights" except when travellers set up shop near Robinson's house she put in an objection saying that the site beside her house was "not suitable" for travellers.

Mary Robinson was always a self entitled scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Mary Robinson was always a self entitled scumbag

Apart from the legacy windfall , why was she a scumbag ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

You mean Balgeria? I live in a nice estate on the Skerries road just on the outskirts. The African kids I see when I'm walking around the town are no better/worse than the Irish kids, with the exception of being a LOT louder. They wouldn't be be involved in the drug trade either. Moore St however is/was a different story. I seen crack being sold there all day everyday as far back as 1997...

Pretty much, so when the first Nigerians who wanted to get into crime here went looking they found out that crack was not so popular to bring be stepping on toes but still had a decent-ish market. They tried to muscle in the pubs after the 90s but failed (due to IRA associations of the bars) and then throughout the 2000s as they gentrified a little they moved into a few stronghold estates. Balbriggan is well known as a key area, but Ballyogan houses a few of the really big heads.

The general sense among these criminals is Ireland is a soft tough police wise but they do fear the Irish gangs, specifically Kinihan.

• Advertisement

thebull85 wrote: »
    We cant really deport EU citizens that commit crimes here because we are a member state and there is freedom of movement within the EU, there can be exceptions but it doesnt really happen to my knowledge anyway.

We gave up that right a long time ago.

Anyone that comes here from outside the EU and commits crime should be deported straight away. We should have the power to do that.

Huh, it's very easy to do and happens all the time. There is even a plane in the UK scheduled weekly just to ship lads back on warrants. Not sure where you got this info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jim salter wrote: »

Anyone who uses the term "bleeding hearts" is a gob****e, and I base that on a hell of lot of posts...

The elephant in the room no one is talking about.

On the basis of IQ we Irish are actually pretty low down. Might not be the best card for you to pull here :p:D

Apart from the legacy windfall , why was she a scumbag ?

She was one of the first people in government to encourage bogus "asylum seekers" to flood into Ireland.

The "asylum" racket has cost the Irish state Billions over the past 20 years.

Of course none of these so called "refugees" would living anywhere near Robinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I reckon the Gardai are a racist bunch alright. Corrupt and lazy too.

She was one of the first people in government to encourage bogus "asylum seekers" to flood into Ireland.

The "asylum" racket has cost the Irish state Billions over the past 20 years.

Of course none of these so called "refugees" would living anywhere near Robinson.

You do realise she was an independent senator , joined Labour but was never actually elected to Dail Eireann.
    So was never an elected member of government .

You do realise she was an independent senator , joined Labour but was never actually elected to Dail Eireann.
    So was never an elected member of government .

So the head of state is not part of government ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

A lot of geniuses saying the Africans doing criminal offences should be deported. What if they were born in Eire? Deport them where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

bfa1509 wrote: »
    As that 'nutty' Polish MEP pointed out; these countries aren't sending their prized citizens but the human trash who target countries with good social welfare benefits.

It was actually the higher classes of Nigerian that immigrated here. The average Joe wouldn't find his way to the next village or next watering hole. The connected people. Those with money, knowledge and where with all that were able to make the quantum leap. No more genuinely seeking asylum than the man in the moon. But never the less of no harm to our society. A great benefit ultimately in my opinion.

There has been trouble with some young gangs. You've seen it in Balbriggan and Blanchardstown/Tyrellstown. However you need to keep in mind that there is a huge glut demographically speaking in that age group from immigrants/asylum seekers. Population of young men 15 - 25. This will taper off in the next few years. This one really bad incident last week is likely just a small group of bad people. They need to be dealt with severely by the Courts. There is no need for people to draw dramatic and groundless estimations beyond that.

A lot of geniuses saying the Africans doing criminal offences should be deported. What if they were born in Eire? Deport them where?

Whatever country their parents came from.

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    It was actually the higher classes of Nigerian that immigrated here. The average Joe wouldn't find his way to the next village or next watering hole. The connected people. Those with money, knowledge and where with all that were able to make the quantum leap. No more genuinely seeking asylum than the man in the moon. But never the less of no harm to our society. A great benefit ultimately in my opinion.

There has been trouble with some young gangs. You've seen it in Balbriggan and Blanchardstown/Tyrellstown. However you need to keep in mind that there is a huge glut demographically speaking in that age group from immigrants/asylum seekers. Population of young men 15 - 25. This will taper off in the next few years. This one really bad incident last week is likely just a small group of bad people. They need to be dealt with severely by the Courts. There is no need for people to draw dramatic and groundless estimations beyond that.

What about the Nigerians here who work as toilet attendants are they also middle to upper class ?

So the head of state is not part of government ?

A most ceremonial role .

What about the Nigerians here who work as toilet attendants are they also middle to upper class ?

I take it you consider them lower class?

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I take it you consider them lower class?

Well I don't think they are Doctors and Engineers like we told most of these people are.

A most ceremonial role .

The president could bring down the government if they wanted to.

Well I don't think they are Doctors and Engineers like we told most of these people are.

No one told me that. Who is told you that Nigerian asylum seeker in Ireland are Doctors and Engineers?

The president could bring down the government if they wanted to.

Do go on ? Elaborate a little ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If the Gardaí are entering scenarios, under prepared, under armed and under uninformed, thats a management failure, from local intel to resourcing to training.

I dont care what nationality or ethnicity they met when they got there but in many other jurisdictions that dog wouldve been summarily shot and the baying mob settled with a selection of baton rounds to squidgy tissue areas of their body and maybe some CS gas to top if off.

The people demand nothing less when it comes to drug dealing and gang intimidation. Community policing tactics are invalid here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Norn Iron :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

I reckon the Gardai are a racist bunch alright. Corrupt and lazy too.

Would you call them if burglars were trying to gain access to your house at 3am ?

Advertisement