Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Vote on Rule Changes for 2018

Options
  • 01-05-2018 1:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/W3GHQ2B

I am limited to 10 questions so please answer these questions. You don't need to answer each question.

Please add your boards username when voting and only votes from players who have played fantasy football for at least 1 full season will count.

The following questions were not included, So I will create a separate survey if people feel it is justified:

Should we have negative points for a missed PAT?
    Should we increase the value of kickers and defenses by increasing points for FG's, Sacks, Fumbles etc?
    Should we move to another platform from NFL.com?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

adrian522 wrote: »

I am limited to 10 questions so please answer these questions. You don't need to answer each question.

Please add your boards username when voting and only votes from players who have played fantasy football for at least 1 full season will count.

The following questions were not included, So I will create a separate survey if people feel it is justified:

Should we increase the value of kickers and defenses by increasing points for FG's, Sacks, Fumbles etc?

Done, and 1)not sure, 2)definitely for defenses (there was some col custom scoring suggested on reddit I think) 3)no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

Done and 1) Yes, 2) No, 3) Happy as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Done but I would say lets not go crazy changing rules and leave out those 3 others you have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Done but I would say lets not go crazy changing rules and leave out those 3 others you have.

Agreed. I'll leave those out for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

all done with survey :D

1) no negative points for kickers.

2) maybe levelling up the pts awarded for kicks from different distances. sometimes I find getting 3 pts for a 20yd FG and for a 49yd FG a bit annoying. Potentially have 3pts for 0-19yd, 3 pts for 20-29yd, 3 pts for 30-39yd, 4 pts 40-49yd, 5 pts 50+ yd

3) no need to change what ain't broke. plus theres not much else out there thats better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

No
    No
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No

No

I'm not familar with other platforms but I really like the NFL.com one, particularly the app.

How long are you going to leave the Poll open for?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Done the poll.
    For the three extra questions:
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Early days yet but so far:

64% voted to set the draft order prior to the draft
    64% voted to leave it at 16 teams per league
    56% disagree that rules should only be voted on once every 3 years
    56% voted to stay on standard scoring
    48% vote to have a flex (WR/RB/TE), 28% to leave it with 3WR.
    56% want to leave the Free Agent set up as itr currently stands
    52% believe points should be awarded for fumbles recovered for a TD
    60% want the time reduced to 60 seconds to make a draft pick.
    48% want to leave Head to Head as the tie breaking scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

1) yes
    2) no
    3) once its not espn i dont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

NO
    NO
    NO

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Sorry stupid question. What league is this

This is for the 16 team leagues, Premier Division, Div 1-9 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

This is for the 16 team leagues, Premier Division, Div 1-9 etc.

Okay thanks, I was div 8 last year, will apply when registration rolls around

56% disagree that rules should only be voted on once every 3 years

This one right here for me is a slippery slope as the league continues to grow. Nothing worse than Fantasy league that change rule after rule after rule every year.
    64% voted to leave it at 16 teams per league

I do believe that this is one rule that should never be voted on also. The only reason in my eyes people don't like 16 team leagues is because they find them too hard to play in. For me that is the challenge of these leagues.

But if the rule ever changes it will cause a mess and you are asking guys to give up their earned spots in the higher league which I don't think is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

1. No
    2. No
    3. No

Survey completed too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Survey done,

1. No
    2. Yes, for kickers only
    3. No

Also echo with what TO says, the leagues are too established now to be changing the number of participants. It just means you have to do your homework with the waiver wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Survey done during the week.

1. No
    2. No
    3. No

Also what needs to be gotten in terms of votes for a rule to change ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Also what needs to be gotten in terms of votes for a rule to change ?

All of the polls done in the past I think were all based on majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

All of the polls done in the past I think were all based on majority.

So 50% plus 1 ? Surely it should be a 2/3rds for certain rule changes ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So 50% plus 1 ? Surely it should be a 2/3rds for certain rule changes ?

I agree. But the ones in the past were just majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Some of those questions are very dependent on the results of each other. For example, reducing the size of the leagues would make having a flex make sense, but moving to a flex that includes RBs while staying at 16 will leave RBs incredibly tight.

Other answers 1) yes, 2) yes, 3) don’t mind

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Survey response in.

I'm against all of the additional three changes so would vote no to a further poll on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I agree. But the ones in the past were just majority.

Previous ones iirc though were basically "Option A or Option B" type questions and so a majority rule sufficed. Multiple option questions like the flex scenario here muddy the waters with what should be required to change the rule as it raises the possibility that two options may be cannibalising each other in terms of their total votes, but the voters for both options may be vehemently against the only other option which then wins almost by default.

I swear I'm not trying to make work for your though Adrian :pac: it's impossible to keep everyone happy and wouldn't expect anyone to go to such lengths to organise the leagues voluntarily.

As it is, I'm against all the major changes basically. Keep it at 16 teams, it's what makes the Boards leagues a bit more challenging. I imagine it's the lack of player depth and having to look at obscure players you've never heard of which is what's making some people want to go to the more generic 12 team league?

If it is, then just get to grips with how the waiver wire works and then try to project a couple of obscure RB and WR 3/4's that might be useful 2-3 weeks down the line or during bye weeks and you'll be fine. Even it's simply to start following a fantasy football podcast and/or journalist on twitter to take their predictions and you'll find you'll be just as right/wrong as much as everyone else trying to make the same stock predictions.

Ditto for the flex option. But on the flex option, it'd be interesting to know how many people want both a flex AND a smaller league. If the reasoning for wanting either is due to lack of waiver depth then would a change to a smaller league mean the same person may then not want a flex position added or vice versa.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Previous ones iirc though were basically "Option A or Option B" type questions and so a majority rule sufficed. Multiple option questions like the flex scenario here muddy the waters with what should be required to change the rule as it raises the possibility that two options may be cannibalising each other in terms of their total votes, but the voters for both options may be vehemently against the only other option which then wins almost by default.

We did have some polls that were majority and I set them up but as you said other were A or B.

Personally I feel we really shouldn't change anything from what made the league what they are. If people don't like the rules there are other options out there. I think we are being too flexible with this and the whole structure will become muddy as fook and people will never be happy.

To itssoeasys point also the % has to be higher as if its 51 49 split then you know next season we will have someone wanting it to be voted on again. Right now it looks like the 3 year no re vote is winning so the flood gates have been opened.

Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

What was the last change that was introduced? I swear we vote on stuff every year but nothing ever changes lol or I just forget straight away :D No harm in voting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Survey done and No, No & No to the 3 questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

survey done and no, no, no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Survey done and no, no, no.

Advertisement