Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Vote on Rule Changes for 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭billr67

Survey done and No, No, No (Is it just me or has it all gone a bit Destinys Child in here?).

Would love to move to half point PPR, FAB and a Flex but hey majority rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

billr67 wrote: »
    Survey done and No, No, No (Is it just me or has it all gone a bit Destinys Child in here?).

If a majority split between half point PPR and full PPR, will the majority rule and we look again at this option?

boccy23 wrote: »
    If a majority split between half point PPR and full PPR, will the majority rule and we look again at this option?

You mean if there's a tie? or if one option fails to get more than 50% of the vote and we have a run off between the two highest options?

Any idea how the votes are going so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

You mean if there's a tie? or if one option fails to get more than 50% of the vote and we have a run off between the two highest options?

Any idea how the votes are going so far?

Well is PPR had say 25% and ½ PPR had 35% and no PPR had 40%, would it not be reasonable then to look at which of full PPR or ½ PPR would suit as a majority had selected such a format.

Maybe complicating things, but with three options, such an outcome is feasible.

Well is PPR had say 25% and ½ PPR had 35% and no PPR had 40%, would it not be reasonable then to look at which of full PPR or ½ PPR would suit as a majority had selected such a format.

Yep makes sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you have three options then the one with the highest % wins.

Two ppr options doesn't mean that we should have a runoff between them because neither of them has the most votes. If you wanted to have a runoff then it should be no ppr versus the highest voted other option.
    Imo there should be no runoff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you have three options then the one with the highest % wins.

Two ppr options doesn't mean that we should have a runoff between them because neither of them has the most votes. If you wanted to have a runoff then it should be no ppr versus the highest voted other option.
    Imo there should be no runoff though.

I agree the majority should get it. Weren't be only allowed pick 1 option? So in saying that you either wanted

Option 1
    or
    Option 2
    or
    Option 3

Saying 1 should roll into the other is unfair to those who voted against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

But there is already a ppr league. You could put your hat in to join that too?

Guffy wrote: »
    But there is already a ppr league. You could put your hat in to join that too?

This is my biggest gripe with this whole vote when it comes to PPR there are other options out there. Nothing stopping the PPR league expanding into multiple leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have to agree with this. The question is unfortunately flawed. People who want PPR are being asked to choose between two options when voting, while those who don’t want it have one option.

It probably would have worked better if it was a 2 part question. Part a being do you want PPR, with part b being something like ‘if you do, would you prefer 1pt or 0.5pt’

Similarly for the flex option, there probably should have been a straight yes/no question first, then look at the various flex options.

• Advertisement

Or those who want PPR could just join and fill out the PPR league that has already been on Boards for a long time etc etc

The Boards PPR League fill caters to both Flex and obviously PPR and was setup for those who wanted PPR and Flex and an alternative to standard

The more i think about it the more I don't understand why there is a vote to move to ppr. As TS pointed out, the forum already has a PPR league so why would we ne changing to have 2 PPR leagues? There is nothing stopping those who want PPR from joining the PPR league surely.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Or those who want PPR could just join and fill out the PPR league that has already been on Boards for a long time etc etc

The Boards PPR League fill caters to both Flex and obviously PPR and was setup for those who wanted PPR and Flex and an alternative to standard

Yes they could, but my point is that if there is going to be a vote on introducing PPR here, it should be a simple yes/no first.

If no wins, fine. That’s democracy, and I have no issue whatsoever with it. But if more than 50% of people want it changed, then it should be.

Your post smacks of go elsewhere if you want to change the rules, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a vote on said rules!

Benimar wrote: »

Your post smacks of go elsewhere if you want to change the rules, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a vote on said rules!

I didn't read it like that tbf. I read it like that facility is already provided here so why change the rules of a standard league to accommodate it.

Benimar wrote: »
    TOss Sweep wrote: »

You are entitled to your opinion as am I. If you feel my posts come off that way that is your opinon.

On the vote thing I would rather there was no vote on the PPR and Flex option. I have made that known over the last few years in favt we have already voted on both 2 yrs ago anf both lost and I suggested re vite shouldnt happen for a few years.

For what it is worth I was one of the original people who suggested voting and created some if the first polls so take from my posts what you will.

My opinion though is the original boards league was standard points and positions and at the time some set up the Boards PPR league to cater for those who wanted PPR my point being why have a PPR league if this main one becomes one. There is options.

Way I also see it is every league these days is flex and ppr and this Boards league is old school and one of the most competitive aeound because its hard.

What I say really doesnt matter if flex and ppr wins out out butnim entitled to put my counter argument to it whether you agree or not.

Everyone is entitled to express a view, I’m certainly not afraid of a view that’s opposite to mine.

My point is that the vote on PPR should be a straight yes/no, not two options for yes and one for no.

If it’s a straight yes/no and no get 50.1%, then we don’t change, simple as. However, I don’t think no getting, say, 40%, yes for 1 PPR getting 35% and yes for 0.5 PPR getting 25%, is enough to say that people don’t want PPR just because the highest single % of votes was for no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Questions should be a straight yes or no where possible, but I have to agree, I don't understand why we are voting on rule changes every year when it seems clear there is nothing *glaringly* wrong with the format as it stands.

If PPR and flex are what the market dictates, then we should see the PPR/Flex offshoots become more popular on the forum. It shouldn't require the legacy league format to change.

As TO says, there is already a boards ppr league so this vote should never have happened as the option to play ppr is already available.

This league was set up as standard many years ago and opened up to everybody on boards when the sport and fantasy nfl became more popular. It's got a lot of history behind it at this stage so I don't see why we should change it to some type of ppr league now.

The boards ppr league doesn't have that many members, if people want to join up then they can fill the currently league and we'll start up divisions if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

adrian522 wrote: »
    https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/W3GHQ2B

Should we have negative points for a missed PAT?
    Should we increase the value of kickers and defenses by increasing points for FG's, Sacks, Fumbles etc?
    Should we move to another platform from NFL.com?

Done.
    Yes
    Yes on FG depending on distance.
    No

As TO says, there is already a boards ppr league so this vote should never have happened as the option to play ppr is already available.

This league was set up as standard many years ago and opened up to everybody on boards when the sport and fantasy nfl became more popular. It's got a lot of history behind it at this stage so I don't see why we should change it to some type of ppr league now.

The boards ppr league doesn't have that many members, if people want to join up then they can fill the currently league and we'll start up divisions if needed.

I honestly didn't know that a PPR league existed maybe that's my fault for not looking but when you loook around Yahoo are 0.5 PPR as default, ESPN has gone to full point PPR only NFL.Com remain at standard scoring for default and apparently they are close to changing too, it's just the way the game has evolved.

Personally I don't like full PPR as I think it's too much of a hindrence to old fashioned RB's but half point is a decent compromise. As for flex I don't understand any argument against a flex as it allows people to build the roster they want and it totally overvalues the WR position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

We don't vote on changes every year, we haven't voted on changes in a few years. I don't think we've made any changes in all the years I've been playing the leagues.

Also we can't have Yes/No answers to every question when there are several possible ways of doing things. For example there 3 different possible Tie Breaking Scenarios, different ways of introducing a Flex, Different scoring systems, different Free agent Bidding systems etc.

To be honest I setup this poll because people were complaining about the leagues as they do every year and I didn't want people saying nothing had been done about people wanting changes.

There is nothing stopping anyone setting up a poll or setting a discussion.

I don't agree that any changes should not be up for discussion. There are over 100 people playing these leagues and they should be setup according to the wishes of those people.

I'll probably step back from organising the fantasy leagues as I don't have the time but for now the latest results are as follows:

Q1: 57% are in favour of changing to deciding draft order before the draft.
    Q2: 64% are in favour of 16 teams per league
    Q3: 61% Disagree on not changing rules for 3 full seasons
    Q4: 59% are in favour of leaving it as standard coring
    Q5: In total 66% are in favour of a flex, of these 46% are in favour of a WR/RB/TE Flex, with 33% voting to keep it without a flex.
    Q6: 57% are in favour of leaving the Free agent process as it currently is.
    Q7: 63% are in favour of awarding points for fumbles being recovered being awarded a TD.
    Q8: 57% are in favour of reducing the draft order to 60 seconds.
    Q9: 55% are in favour of leaving the Tie Breaking Scenario of H2H in place.

In total 54 people have voted in the poll. From the above the main change would seem to be the introduction of a flex position.

I honestly didn't know that a PPR league existed maybe that's my fault for not looking but when you loook around Yahoo are 0.5 PPR as default, ESPN has gone to full point PPR only NFL.Com remain at standard scoring for default and apparently they are close to changing too, it's just the way the game has evolved.

Personally I don't like full PPR as I think it's too much of a hindrence to old fashioned RB's but half point is a decent compromise. As for flex I don't understand any argument against a flex as it allows people to build the roster they want and it totally overvalues the WR position.
    Well I'm strongly anti-flex. Flex is fine in a 10 to 12 team league but our leagues have 16 teams. That means that there are 32 RB's playing in our leagues every week. A flex option makes this a problem imo.

Unless of course we are looking at removing 1 RB spot and 1 WR spot and putting one flex position instead of those two.

adrian522 wrote: »
    We don't vote on changes every year, we haven't voted on changes in a few years. I don't think we've made any changes in all the years I've been playing the leagues.

We have changed a couple of things in the last 2-3 seasons.
    Also we can't have Yes/No answers to every question when there are several possible ways of doing things. For example there 3 different possible Tie Breaking Scenarios, different ways of introducing a Flex, Different scoring systems, different Free agent Bidding systems etc.

Agreed and you did a great job breaking it down with your results below
    To be honest I setup this poll because people were complaining about the leagues as they do every year and I didn't want people saying nothing had been done about people wanting changes.

But this is the problem do we vote on something every time there is a handful of complaints. Where does it end? Do we keep going around in circles voting on things?
    There is nothing stopping anyone setting up a poll or setting a discussion.

I don't think anyone has disrespected you and the work you have put in which is top notch
    I don't agree that any changes should not be up for discussion. There are over 100 people playing these leagues and they should be setup according to the wishes of those people.

Of that 100 we have at least a rotation of 15-20 per year.
    I'll probably step back from organising the fantasy leagues as I don't have the time but for now the latest results are as follows:

Shame you have done a great job and if you decide to hang it up I want to thank you for the work you have put in.
    In total 54 people have voted in the poll. From the above the main change would seem to be the introduction of a flex position.

Oh well such a shame.

Well I'm strongly anti-flex. Flex is fine in a 10 to 12 team league but our leagues have 16 teams. That means that there are 32 RB's playing in our leagues every week. A flex option makes this a problem imo.

Unless of course we are looking at removing 1 RB spot and 1 WR spot and putting one flex position instead of those two.

Yup I bet you most who are saying yes to the change have never played in a 16 man flex league before. And I bet you anything there will be the same complaints about it from both camps.

I just seen the results of the voting. I think we need to have a long discussion about this flex and maybe another vote on it before it goes ahead.

This is going to ruin the league and make it much harder for the casual player moreso than the experienced player.

I just seen the results of the voting. I think we need to have a long discussion about this flex and maybe another vote on it before it goes ahead.

This is going to ruin the league and make it much harder for the casual player moreso than the experienced player.
    Voted for flex but happy to discuss it further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Was just checking today for sign up for next season and seen the vote, I voted but happy to go with what everyone wants to do, wasn't sure if the vote was finished tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Surely it can be changed back if it turns out to be a disaster and enough people want to revert?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Guffy wrote: »
    Voted for flex but happy to discuss it further

There is no point discussing it further - it will just remain as is in that scenario because we are not going to go through the process of voting again.

This seems the fairest possible way to do things. If it goes to ****e we can revert the following year - if it is so bad than it should not be an issue to get support to do so.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote:
    There is no point discussing it further - it will just remain as is in that scenario because we are not going to go through the process of voting again.

This seems the fairest possible way to do things. If it goes to ****e we can revert the following year - if it is so bad than it should not be an issue to get support to do so.

We voted to have a flex, we didn't vote on what the flex would replace.

Will it replace a RB or WR spot or both?

Advertisement