Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Vote on Rule Changes for 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

eagle eye wrote: »
    We voted to have a flex, we didn't vote on what the flex would replace.

Will it replace a RB or WR spot or both?

Yes we did. It will replace a WR.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thought it was understood that it would replace the 3rd WR. If it replaces a RB slot you would have 3WR, 1 RB, 1 Flex. That to me doesn't make any sense. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The options in the question were as follows:

Should we have a flex position:

No, leave it as is (2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE) - 32%
    Yes - 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 WR/TE/RB - 44%
    Yes - 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE - 5%
    Yes - 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB - 17%

Seems pretty clear that we are talking about dropping the 3rd WR slot and adding a flex in 3 of those options and keeping things as in for the other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So we are going for something that less than half the league voted for?

• Advertisement

Nope the idea is that the 3 yes are combined for flex.

Losing battle dude looks like we will have to put up with Flex it seems. Depending on how my other league signups go I might not bother with it anymore but early days yet to be making that decision. Be a shame but too many flex leagues get old after a while the originality will be lost on this league

The three flex options are different and should not be combined.

The options here are another vote with two options which are flex or no flex.

If flex wins that then we come up with a list of options for people to vote on.

The other option is to leave things as they are because no option got a majority.

The other option is to leave things as they are because no option got a majority.

No matter what way you slice it 66% want Flex

I think we should go with whatever option has the most votes at the end of the offseason.

I think its clear that most users would like a flex of some sort introduced and from the voting its clear that Flex of WR/RB/TE is the most popular option.

If people who voted for the latter 2 options would like to change their vote to option 1 they can do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Or the most popular option. You can spin it to suit what you want either though.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think we should go with whatever option has the most votes at the end of the offseason.

I think its clear that most users would like a flex of some sort introduced and from the voting its clear that Flex of WR/RB/TE is the most popular option.

If people who voted for the latter 2 options would like to change their vote to option 1 they can do so.
    I'm against flex and I voted against it.

I still think we should have a new vote for what people want though.

It's very possible that all the people who voted against flex would vote for an option other than WR/RB/TE and/or what position will be replaced by the flex option.

I don't get what you want to vote on? We already have a vote to replace the 3rd WR slot with a flex option. There were 3 options

Keep the WR slot
    Have a Flex of WR/RB/TE
    Have a Flex of WR/TE
    Have a Flex of WR/RB

So far the vote is in favour of the secnd option. I don't see why we would go for the first option if more people want option 2.

Only 3 people voted for the WR/TE option so over 60% of people want a flex position that includes the possibility of using either a RB or WR.

I don't think another vote is warranted but if you want then please feel free to set one up worded however you want.

I dont want flex but it is clear the winner is Flex right now. EE it doesn't matter how you want to slice it down Flex is winning.

I don't get what you want to vote on? We already have a vote to replace the 3rd WR slot with a flex option. There were 3 options

Keep the WR slot
    Have a Flex of WR/RB/TE
    Have a Flex of WR/TE
    Have a Flex of WR/RB

So far the vote is in favour of the secnd option. I don't see why we would go for the first option if more people want option 2.

Only 3 people voted for the WR/TE option so over 60% of people want a flex position that includes the possibility of using either a RB or WR.

I don't think another vote is warranted but if you want then please feel free to set one up worded however you want.
    I think we should clarify what people actually want.

I personally think that if you want flex then you need to get rid of two positions, 1 x WR and 1 x RB positions.

I think we should have a vote with that option available, along with the option that got 44%. We could also put in the other flex option that got decent vote.

Fact of the matter is that less than half the people voted for the flex option that you are suggesting we go with. That is not a high enough percentage to warrant a change imo.

I do agree though that more people than not want a flex option and I think we should now put up different flex options and whichever one gets the highest vote is what we go with.

I think we should clarify what people actually want.

I personally think that if you want flex then you need to get rid of two positions, 1 x WR and 1 x RB positions.

I think we should have a vote with that option available, along with the option that got 44%. We could also put in the other flex option that got decent vote.

Fact of the matter is that less than half the people voted for the flex option that you are suggesting we go with. That is not a high enough percentage to warrant a change imo.

I do agree though that more people than not want a flex option and I think we should now put up different flex options and whichever one gets the highest vote is what we go with.

Well there was a suggestions for rule changes thread open all season but the option you mention above wasn't suggested above.

I think we should go with whichever of the current suggestions gets the highest vote . I don't think we can change the options at this stage.

Well there was a suggestions for rule changes thread open all season but the option you mention above wasn't suggested above.

I think we should go with whichever of the current suggestions gets the highest vote . I don't think we can change the options at this stage.
    Do we not have to consider that less than 50% voted for it? Like if 50% or more voted for it then it's fine to go with it. I have a feeling that you might see more than 50% vote for another option. I may be wrong but just think it's worth a vote between flex options to see what happens.

Clearly the option with the biggest percentage wins this time because they are all flex options.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well over 50% of people voted for a flex with either WR/RB/TE or WR/RB. I highly doubt the TE is going to fundamentally change people's view on the issue.

Honestly, this comes across pretty desperate.

Fact is that less than 50% of those who voted chose an option. A large % chose no flex, imo those people should have an input on what type of flex is selected.

Original poll was flawed. It should just have been flex vs no flex and if flex won out then we have a second poll to decide what type of flex.

Pretty desperate would be claiming that things remain in as they are because no option got a majority. Technically that is correct but I can see that more people voted for a flex option than not so I'm happy to let it happen but there has to be a vote on a list of options which allows those who voted against flex to have their say on the type of flex we go with.

EE notice how you are the only one debating this? I hate the idea of Flex but the People have spoken and to be fair Adrian the Poll was clear. Granted there is many ways this could have gone but the way it sits right now is clear Flex and RB/WR/TE replacing a WR is the winner. Im sure if you told the others who voted the other flex options that their vote would roll into the RB/WR/TE they would agree to it as they also want Flex in some capacity.

Your last line is the key point.

We can all agree to have flex in some capacity but we need to figure out what flex people want.

Was the question asked as to what position the flex would replace?

I don't remember that being part of the vote.

Are we adding a new position or replacing one?

There has to be a vote on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

The vote has happened. Let's move on with our lives and look forward to the upcoming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Your last line is the key point.

We can all agree to have flex in some capacity but we need to figure out what flex people want.

Was the question asked as to what position the flex would replace?

I don't remember that being part of the vote.

Are we adding a new position or replacing one?

There has to be a vote on this.

It's replacing a WR position. It's pretty clear from the poll options:

It's not like there is a tight margin between the 3 flex options, 44% versus 17% versus 5%.

I voted to retain the current system, but I've no issue with a WR/TE/RB flex.
    In any league I've played where there was a flex, it has always replaced a WR slot, and I've no idea why you would want a single flex position to replace both a WR and RB slot.

I'm happy that the vote was clear and fair. As it stands, 68% voted for a flex, and 2/3 of those voted for RB/TE/WR. Seems pretty clearcut to me.

Tristram wrote:
    The vote has happened. Let's move on with our lives and look forward to the upcoming season.

Explain to me exactly what was voted on.

I don't want your own version, the actual specifics of what we voted on.

Majority rules around here as far as I'm aware, we don't have a majority for anything.

Explain to me exactly what was voted on.

I don't want your own version, the actual specifics of what we voted on.

Majority rules around here as far as I'm aware, we don't have a majority for anything.

Let it go already.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's replacing a WR position. It's pretty clear from the poll options:

It's not like there is a tight margin between the 3 flex options, 44% versus 17% versus 5%.

I voted to retain the current system, but I've no issue with a WR/TE/RB flex.
    In any league I've played where there was a flex, it has always replaced a WR slot, and I've no idea why you would want a single flex position to replace both a WR and RB slot.

I'm happy that the vote was clear and fair. As it stands, 68% voted for a flex, and 2/3 of those voted for RB/TE/WR. Seems pretty clearcut to me.
    It wasn't fair and it's not fair.

There should only have been two options, flex or no flex.

All the people that voted against flex are entitled to have a say as to what type of flex comes in.

It's also unfair to just decide to heap in the votes for the other two flex options with the one that has 44%. Those people that voted for the other options might not want the option that has the backing of 44%.

It's possible, however unlikely, that 56% of people don't want the option that has 44%.

Just as an aside there is 2% missing from that poll it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

All the people that voted against flex are entitled to have a say as to what type of flex comes in.

It's also unfair to just decide to heap in the votes for the other two flex options with the one that has 44%. Those people that voted for the other options might not want the option that has the backing of 44%.

It's possible, however unlikely, that 56% of people don't want the option that has 44%.

While I think the vote is as it is, the premise that you put forward that we should have voted Yes/No is the same argument that I was making for the PPR. We should have voted on the premise of these rules first and then the implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

The bolded part would be me. I have no problem dropping a WR slot and replacing with a flex position of either WR or TE. That's what i voted for.

It was either flex with WR/TE or no flex at all for me. I don't want a flex with a RB. In 16 team leagues the RB position is already tight as it is. Now essentially teams can start adding 3 starting RB's from an already small pool. You could probably argue the same with TE. But that position is a lot harder to predict than RB. So i don't mind TE being in flex.

The way the options were structured means my vote was counted in favor of flex. But it's not really. It's solely in favor of flex with WR/TE. My vote should not be counted in favor or flex in general.

So i agree that the initial question should have been flex or not. Then work out the specifics.

Guy's, whichever option gets the most votes is what we go with. That's the only way I can do it. Either that or we don't make any changes. It shouldn't really be this complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Guy's, whichever option gets the most votes is what we go with. That's the only way I can do it. Either that or we don't make any changes. It shouldn't really be this complicated.

Maybe given how contentious the result was due to the nature of the question we should leave the flex vote until next year? I voted for flex but don't mind pushing it back a year given the points raised re the question and feedback given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Guffy wrote: »
    Maybe given how contentious the result was due to the nature of the question we should leave the flex vote until next year? I voted for flex but don't mind pushing it back a year given the points raised re the question and feedback given.

It's not contentious. One person has shouted loudly, and a couple more have chipped in to agree. It would be ridiculous if their opinion over ruled a free vote.

Advertisement