Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Vote on Rule Changes for 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Guffy wrote: »
    Absolutely love the tie break/fixture set up we have now. Would hate for it to change

Why do you like it? I understand it’s application in the actual NFL but in a fantasy league setup where you can’t play defense and are randomly assigned divisions? Moreover, people don’t know what the tiebreakers are as the software doesn’t illustrate them.

Points for is transparent and within the control of each owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Guffy wrote: »
    It is. But not in a 16 team league.

Really off topic, but I would suggest that - particularly in a 16 team league - you can have draft scenarios in the first couple of rounds whereby taking two receivers to start off is better than taking two tier two running backs. If everyone is zigging there is often value in zagging.

But in any case, the portents of doom prophesied around this change do not seem to have come to pass, which is the important point. I’m rolling out three running backs each week (despite not drafting one in the first couple of rounds) and enjoying the ability to do that. I’ve seen people deploy two TEs to get them over a bye week. Flexibility is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Really off topic, but I would suggest that - particularly in a 16 team league - you can have draft scenarios in the first couple of rounds whereby taking two receivers to start off is better than taking two tier two running backs. If everyone is zigging there is often value in zagging.

But in any case, the portents of doom prophesied around this change do not seem to have come to pass, which is the important point. I’m rolling out three running backs each week (despite not drafting one in the first couple of rounds) and enjoying the ability to do that. I’ve seen people deploy two TEs to get them over a bye week. Flexibility is good

There's a difference between going zero RB and drafting a RB in the 3rd round. Its just not feesable to hold out until round 5 to draft your first RB imo. Im a fan of zero RB but i don't think it works as well in a 16 team league because you find that you have to reach more to get a RB you think will work for the strategy. Also if a second person is running the same strategy forget it in this size league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

So how have people found the flex? I have enjoyed it, although I haven't had injury bad luck with my RB's.

Advertisement