Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Issues - Help!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Anne1982h

Aud2009 wrote: »
    And that's one person's review, maybe just on that evening it wasn't cooked the way she liked it.

If you look at reviews of the hotel for weddings so far all extremely positive. I had my wedding there and all I know it was fantastic. *The food was exceptional and my guests would say the same.* I had fillet of beef and it was perfectly cooked, they asked guests how they would like it cooked and it came out exactly how people asked. I'm from a food background and I know good food.

I think she needs to contact the hotel and discuss her concerns and they will work with her. I don't think people can judge this venue on her sole experience. Slightly over reacting, she needs to breath and discuss this with the hotel. Discussing it on boards.ie is not could to resolve her concerns.

I always find it quite funny how the couple says their food was fantastic and all the guests loved it and told them it was perfect etc. What guest is going to go up to the bride & groom on their wedding day and say well the food was only okay, not great. Only two weddings out of all those I’ve been to had food that genuinely was fantastic. The rest varied between fine and awful. I always say the food was lovely to the couple as it would be completely rude to say anything different. The food is generally best for the top table so it’s not an even comparison to the rest of the guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 susb

*Update*
    After a bit of toing and froing, we have got a great response back from the venue thankfully.

We have the accommodation sorted, it does sound like it was a bit of a fiasco for them to deal with but they have it sorted which was our major concern.

Thanks to the lovely people who sent me their opinions and reviews, it is so reassuring to hear that so many people had positive experiences there and of the food.

They've come back and been very supportive on the elements we had concerns about and we are going back to have another tasting which is really appreciated. I can wholeheartedly say I'll be super relieved when the wedding planning is finished and we can just enjoy the day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Have they given you a written contract about the accommodation? I can't imagine the American bride is too happy about having to give up 2 days of her week.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Hi all

Just wondering if there were any updates on the venue? Has all been sorted to the bride's satisfaction?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Deleted as didn't realise OP had decided to stick with the venue... and I don't want to cause stress!

• Advertisement

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Deleted as didn't realise OP had decided to stick with the venue... and I don't want to cause stress!

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Hi all

Just wondering if there were any updates on the venue? Has all been sorted to the bride's satisfaction?

Thanks

Hi Percyxoxo

Yes, we met with them and went through everything. We had a really positive outcome with it in the end. They have a new chef who started a couple of months ago who we met with and went through the menu. He was brilliant.
    We have definitely overcome any concerns we had so we are really looking forward to the big day now :)

susb wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks

Hi Percyxoxo

Yes, we met with them and went through everything. We had a really positive outcome with it in the end. They have a new chef who started a couple of months ago who we met with and went through the menu. He was brilliant.
    We have definitely overcome any concerns we had so we are really looking forward to the big day now :)
    Delighted to hear that ! best of luck with it all!

Delighted to hear that ! best of luck with it all!

Thank you!

Same to you if you're going there :)

Advertisement