Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International standing orders

Options
  • 01-05-2018 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI, 

Probably been asked a few times but I guess times are changing. With the introduction of SEPA, banking was supposed to become easier. However, I still cannot set up a standing order to an international bank account. This was supposed to be possible with SEPA. 

I have three questions: 

1. In general, not specifically related to BOI, is it possible under SEPA to set up a standing order to an international bank account (a bank account outside Ireland)?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes; why can we not set up a standing order to an international bank account with BOI? 

3. If the answer to question 1 is yes; when will BOI allow for standing orders to be set up and pay to an international bank account?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Poncke wrote: »
    Hi BOI, 

Probably been asked a few times but I guess times are changing. With the introduction of SEPA, banking was supposed to become easier. However, I still cannot set up a standing order to an international bank account. This was supposed to be possible with SEPA. 

I have three questions: 

1. In general, not specifically related to BOI, is it possible under SEPA to set up a standing order to an international bank account (a bank account outside Ireland)?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes; why can we not set up a standing order to an international bank account with BOI? 

3. If the answer to question 1 is yes; when will BOI allow for standing orders to be set up and pay to an international bank account?

Thank you

Hi Poncke,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

We wouldn't have the facility to set up a standing order to an account held outside the Republic or Ireland. I'll certainly take note of this feedback. You can however set up any Euro account up as a SEPA payee and make a transfer to them through 365 online.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Hello Darren, 

thanks, that's a pity. I know how to pay to an international bank account. The idea is to have this automated. 

Can you also answer question number 1 please? 

Thanks

Hello Darren, 

thanks, that's a pity. I know how to pay to an international bank account. The idea is to have this automated. 

Can you also answer question number 1 please? 

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. We can only check and discuss on the facilities and processes in place with Bank of Ireland.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you here.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

What?

It just a general question, not related to any bank. Under SEPA, is it possible to set up a standing order to make payments to an account outside Ireland?

What?

It just a general question, not related to any bank. Under SEPA, is it possible to set up a standing order to make payments to an account outside Ireland?

Thanks for getting back to me. If you have a general banking query the forum linked here might be more suitable as we can only discuss queries in relation to Bank of Ireland specifically.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement

Hello, I found this discussion from 2014 where a client of BOI is asking the same question regarding standing orders. 

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057248191

It is possible to set up standing orders to international bank accounts under SEPA, but BOI chooses not to offer that service. 

It is now 4 years later, and obviously there is a demand for this service. So can you please forward this to whoever in BOI needs to know about this and ask them to enable SO to international SEPA accounts. 

Hello, I found this discussion from 2014 where a client of BOI is asking the same question regarding standing orders. 

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057248191

It is possible to set up standing orders to international bank accounts under SEPA, but BOI chooses not to offer that service. 

It is now 4 years later, and obviously there is a demand for this service. So can you please forward this to whoever in BOI needs to know about this and ask them to enable SO to international SEPA accounts. 

Thanks for getting back to us here Poncke, I'll certainly take note of this feedback and thank you for raising it with us.

Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I am just doing research on which banks allow this in Ireland. @BOFI I assume there have been no changes to this since the last post?

@Poncke - This is absolutely possible under SEPA, but most Irish banks don't allow it. Some of the non-traditional banks do offer this facility (KBC, N26, but there are massive drawbacks using them for day to day banking of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi marc1

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We do not offer the facility to set up a Standing Order with an account outside the Republic of Ireland. If this changes we will update it on out website.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement