Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac driveway unravelling

Options
  • 01-05-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

the edge of my tarmac drive is prone to unravelling & weeds tend to do too well for my liking. i cleared them out at the weekend & need to fill the voids permanently before they re-establish. does anyone know of a easy fix? i was thinking of the bitumen joint used on roads/carparks but i understand you need a gas cylinder/blowtorch to melt this stuff. anyone had a similar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Make sure it's visible from the road and a stout fellow in a big 4x4 will turn up, offering to re-do the whole drive, boss:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

How wide is the gap you want to fill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

bluestone wrote: »
    the edge of my tarmac drive is prone to unravelling & weeds tend to do too well for my liking. i cleared them out at the weekend & need to fill the voids permanently before they re-establish. does anyone know of a easy fix? i was thinking of the bitumen joint used on roads/carparks but i understand you need a gas cylinder/blowtorch to melt this stuff. anyone had a similar issue?

You can get tarmac restoration products that you pour on and spread with a roller. Good few threads on boards.
    Might help to bind it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

How wide is the gap you want to fill?

The gaps vary with the worst being up to 2-3inches wide by probably 1-2inches deep

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bluestone wrote: »
    The gaps vary with the worst being up to 2-3inches wide by probably 1-2inches deep

Something like this will probably do the job.

https://www.roadstone.ie/products/durapatch/

Best to cut a straight edge and dig out the bad parts first before repairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Something like this will probably do the job.

https://www.roadstone.ie/products/durapatch/

Best to cut a straight edge and dig out the bad parts first before repairs.

That looks like the job for it alright. Thanks

Advertisement