Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen

Options
  • 01-05-2018 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my kitchen done and wonder if i'm better off buying the bits from homebase, B&Q or somewhere like that and getting someone to fit it or is there somewhere around Dublin, Wicklow or Kildare that I can walk in and pick a kitchen without it costing a fortune

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

you can do B&Q, for a good kitchen all in your talking 2k to 3k depending on what you want.
    you need to plan it all out. measure everything multiple times.
    if you have an old fogie you can bring them along on a thursday to get 10% off the prices.
    if you go to a B&Q you need to go to the biggest ones, I recommend Liffey Valley.
    expect to spend some time in B&Q picking everything out and possibly redesigning as you go along. I recently designed and purchased my own Kitchen and spent 4.5 hours in B&Q on one day alone.
    you will need transport, you could rent a van or hire a man with a van.
    Also have a Kitchen installer or carpenter lined up.
    Dont forget the door hinges. or the corner cupboard post.
    by doing this all by myself, I saved a few thousand based on quotes, and time waiting to get a slot for design and consultation and build.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

We had a new kitchen installed a while ago. We priced several options including B&Q. After comparing them all as close to like-for-like as we could we chose Ikea.

Delivery & fitting of all units & trims including a new integrated fridgefreezer, dishwasher & extractor came to €5k

B&Q were quite a bit more as were Cash & Carry Kitchens

We made design appointments with them all and they all provided quotes & visuals. Ikea have an online DIY designer so you can dabble yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

I can highly recommend Tierneys kitchens in Balbriggan .you can get a kitchen that they call display but it’s brand new (you can still pick counter ,handles etc) You can also get them to price it then ask is that the best they can do which they will cut a little bit more.They have a Num Of Guys they recommend to fit if needed which are very reasonable and they will give you an idea of this cost too .
    I priced loads of places but saved a lot by buying from them & they make their own so save by cutting out middle man .
    I don’t have anything to do with them just a very happy customer

Advertisement