Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer Delay

Options
  • 01-05-2018 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I transferred a rent deposit to another account on the 28th of April and it has still not arrived in their account. In my account it comes up as a completed transcation as of yesterday and I have double checked all the details. She is Aib. I am aware that there will be a delay but is this time a cause for concern?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I transferred a rent deposit to another account on the 28th of April and it has still not arrived in their account. In my account it comes up as a completed transcation as of yesterday and I have double checked all the details. She is Aib. I am aware that there will be a delay but is this time a cause for concern?
    Looks like it could be rejected in AIB. Worse if you get the sort code wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ashleymolloy31

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I didn't have to include the sort code, only the IBAN and that has been double checked

I didn't have to include the sort code, only the IBAN and that has been double checked
    Fair enough. Hope you get sorted

Fair enough. Hope you get sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi ashleymolloy31,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Normally as you done this transfer on Saturday the funds should show in the payee account yesterday (the Tuesday) but as yesterday was May day and a European bank holiday SEPA transfers were not being processed. So with this in mind the funds should show in the payee account through out the working day today.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement