Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoover boards ireland aka marsboard

• 01-05-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I bought a board from this so called company for my dd birthday at the price of 210 euro. Looked like a good site. Good reviews etc Parcel arrived by courier and all seemed well. Opened sat night and the led lights on one side not working. I contacted them by email as no phone number to marsboard and low and behold no answer. Looks like a UK company. 2nd email address not valid. Now I have to get someone to look at this as child is very disappointed and not sure if it is safe to use. so watch out for Hoverboard ireland. Scam artist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tmcg83

I bought a hoverboard off this website yesterday. After receiving my email confirming payment, I had my doubts about the company. The email just didn't look right. Now I have found this post and I'm really worried about it. Did you try and contact PayPal about it? It's too late in the night for me to do it now but I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning. I'm after giving this 'company" €280. I'm praying that this is all a misunderstanding and I'm worried about nothing but I have no confidence in that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nayra1

Dols wrote: »
    I bought a board from this so called company for my dd birthday at the price of 210 euro. Looked like a good site. Good reviews etc Parcel arrived by courier and all seemed well. Opened sat night and the led lights on one side not working. I contacted them by email as no phone number to marsboard and low and behold no answer. Looks like a UK company. 2nd email address not valid. Now I have to get someone to look at this as child is very disappointed and not sure if it is safe to use. so watch out for Hoverboard ireland. Scam artist

Hi.
    Just wondering if you ever got any good from this company. I also bought hoverboard from this crowd 3 months ago. Doesnt work, they sent out a replacement today 3 months later and my son nearly broke his neck off it due to it being faulty also. I am livid. I paid 300 euro for this.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tmcg83

Once I got my email notifying me that my purchase had been successful and seen that the email was all in Chinese, I knew I had been conned. I emailed them straight away cancelling my order and notified Paypal. After many emails back and forth practically begging for my money back, the €280 arrived back in my account on Monday morning. Absolute scam artists, the website seemed so legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nayra1

Tmcg83 wrote: »
    Once I got my email notifying me that my purchase had been successful and seen that the email was all in Chinese, I knew I had been conned. I emailed them straight away cancelling my order and notified Paypal. After many emails back and forth practically begging for my money back, the €280 arrived back in my account on Monday morning. Absolute scam artists, the website seemed so legit.

Thanks for your reply. I have no hope as i now have two dangerous boards which i cant let my child near. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kelley003

SCAMMERS. Ordered hoverboard ,after reading previous posts i contacted to cancel. They sent me mail saying they did not have colour i ordered but would give a different colour with a discount. I refused, they sent me three more mails asking me to take another board with a discount. I told them in no uncertain terms not to mail me again offering a discount just to refund me. They said they will but hav'nt respondsd to tell me when. Have reported to Paypal and Shopify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 marieor0

horrible fake company, do not buy.. very disappointing quality.... DO NOT BUY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saoirel

I'm so sorry I didn't see this before I bought from this crowd of scammers!

DD's hoverboard didn't work from day 1. After weeks of emails and videos and advice, I sent it back for 'repair'. It came back in exactly the same condition. 2nd time around, when I told them I wouldn't consider a replacement, I was given an address in the Czech Republic to return the board! They confirmed 2 weeks ago (after almost 4 months of daily emails) that they would refund me. Surprisingly, no money has hit my account yet, and the last email I got was that they would 'remind' the manager! Now I'm out of pocket for the board, 2 returns and another tenner that I gave to my local shop to do an internal reset that they suggested that also didn't work!

Don't touch this crowd with a bargepole!!!

Saoirel wrote: »
    I'm so sorry I didn't see this before I bought from this crowd of scammers!

DD's hoverboard didn't work from day 1. After weeks of emails and videos and advice, I sent it back for 'repair'. It came back in exactly the same condition. 2nd time around, when I told them I wouldn't consider a replacement, I was given an address in the Czech Republic to return the board! They confirmed 2 weeks ago (after almost 4 months of daily emails) that they would refund me. Surprisingly, no money has hit my account yet, and the last email I got was that they would 'remind' the manager! Now I'm out of pocket for the board, 2 returns and another tenner that I gave to my local shop to do an internal reset that they suggested that also didn't work!

Don't touch this crowd with a bargepole!!!
    Hi

I contacted paypal and reported them, then i contacted them to tell them i had raised a dispute with Paypal. The min i did this ,they were on offering me a refund to end the dispute. I told them where to go and they refunded me anyway within 24 hrs. In saying that i had'nt actually received a board from them. All the same ,as far as i am aware when the goods are not as advertised,as in fake, you have good grounds to be refunded also. Ring Paypal and see where you stand. They seem to be the same as that other chinese crowd last year ripping everyone off One Digital, its prob them under a different name. I might contact Joe Duffy or someone

Kelley003 wrote: »
    Hi

I contacted paypal and reported them, then i contacted them to tell them i had raised a dispute with Paypal. The min i did this ,they were on offering me a refund to end the dispute. I told them where to go and they refunded me anyway within 24 hrs. In saying that i had'nt actually received a board from them. All the same ,as far as i am aware when the goods are not as advertised,as in fake, you have good grounds to be refunded also. Ring Paypal and see where you stand. They seem to be the same as that other chinese crowd last year ripping everyone off One Digital, its prob them under a different name. I might contact Joe Duffy or someone

Unfortunately I bought it over 6 months ago but didn’t give it to DD until her birthday...I’m too late for a PayPal dispute. I phoned my credit card company today & they said to open a dispute through them as I have the email evidence where they said they would refund me, so that’s my next step...

Dols wrote: »
    Ah i see.Well good luck with it, i hope you get sorted. Bluefin Hoverboards are great if you are looking for another one. They have monthly codes for 20 off at checkout also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Kelley003 wrote: »
    Ah i see.Well good luck with it, i hope you get sorted. Bluefin Hoverboards are great if you are looking for another one. They have monthly codes for 20 off at checkout also.

Hi Kelley,

I very nearly got caught out with this crowd until I found this thread just in time. Anyway, I was looking at Bluefin alright. Have you bought from them? It's a Santa present for my daughter, looking for a good quality hoverboard from a reputable supplier,

Thanks

jayod30 wrote: »
    Hi Kelley,

I very nearly got caught out with this crowd until I found this thread just in time. Anyway, I was looking at Bluefin alright. Have you bought from them? It's a Santa present for my daughter, looking for a good quality hoverboard from a reputable supplier,

Thanks
    Hi

Yes i ordered a kart from them and it was delivered in about 4 days. I then realised i missed a Sept deal where you get a free kart with a hoverboard. So i mailed and asked them if they would allow me the deal and they said no problem as i had only received Kart a few days previous. So i ordered the board and also received in 4 days. I put a code in at checkout and got a protective skin sent out for board. I got the whole lot for 280 sterling. They do different deals on boards etc every month. Like their FB page and you can see whats on. Everything perfect, very good customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kmc11

Did anybody get a resolution.
    I foolishly bought two without checking reviews.
    My sister in law bought from here and had no issues.
    I got an email back to say tha colour I wanted was out of stock and to choose another which I did but still didn’t receive the board nearly 3 weeks on.
    I ordered the second two days after the first, took over a week of daily emails and opening a case with PayPal to get them to admit they even got the secon order.
    They then promised to send me the two boards on Monday if I closed the PayPal case, which I did. Foolishly again...
    A week later and still no sign of the boards.
    3 weeks this is going on.
    Tang PayPal to reopen cases and they said they can’t do that.
    If the case is closed there is nothing they can do except ask them to refund me on my behalf.

Failing that they advised I contact the bank I requested a charge back..

FFS this is a disaster.

If I hadn’t got the recommendation, I wouldn’t have used this site as it looks well dodgy looking into it, there isn’t a phone number, email nothing..

Can I ask people what email address they have been using that actually generates a reply. They have stopped responding to me since they confirmed they were processing my refund, and the credit card company won't apply the chargeback as they say I am out of time, because I bought it in January, even though the problems only arose in the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BillyTse

Hi...I ordered one for Christmas for my daughter it came the wrong Colour and an American charger that broke !! I have been emailing for 5 weeks only for them telling me every time that it’s on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Strictly2019

Has anybody ordered recently from this website, are there still issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I would n't chance it! I'd rather go to Argos and pay a bit more than have that messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭obi604

is this crowd still dodge?

Advertisement