Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€99 connection charge

Options
  • 01-05-2018 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Ordered FTTH on Friday. Got confirmation email today with a €99 charge added. This was not mentioned during checking out at Friday. I assume this’ll be waived?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Checking the FTTH bundles now and it does mention an installation fee of 99 euro. However this was not the case a few days ago, it used to be always free.

Its funny they are bragging about how discounted the installation fee is. "Normally 249, now 99" However its normally free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Bump
    Hi there, 

The connection charge is normally free on a promotional basis. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

DP not active apparently. What happens now?

DP not active apparently. What happens now?
    Hi there, 

If the DP is not active, this will need to be sent off to our build team and they will work on getting this activated for you. I would have no timeframe on this I'm afraid. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Got a call back. Forecast date 14th of June. Idk what they mean by a survey. The DP is < 3 metres away is pole at the fence. I assuming they think I need poles installed?

Got a call back. Forecast date 14th of June. Idk what they mean by a survey. The DP is < 3 metres away is pole at the fence. I assuming they think I need poles installed?
    I'm glad to hear you have received a callback. 

A survey is carried out within 10 working days of an order being placed, a technician calls out and surveys the site to access the situation. 

The notes the technician left state that there is no light at the DP which means it needs to be activated, at present no poles are required. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Forecast date.. uh oh. I kept getting new forecast dates every time the current one was reached which went on for months and months. Was sold to me under the impression it was available right away however.

Do you already have a phone line with Eir? If not, make sure to not let them activate it before the fibre is ready or you'll be billed ~50 euro every month even if you don't use it.

It’ll be in their interest to have it up and running by then. I’m out of contract for years with Vodafone on the landline. My 2 x mobile contracts are up in July and my Sky Q is finished in July

Potentially adding both mobile and TV to that order. Take note eir reps. Otherwise I’ll just re-enter new contracts with the mobile and Sky and only buy broadband from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eh gringo!

Bump
    Hi there, 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    If i were moving in to a house with FTTH installed by the previous tenant do I still have to pay the 99 euro installation fee

• Advertisement

Eh gringo! wrote: »
    Bump
    Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    If i were moving in to a house with FTTH installed by the previous tenant do I still have to pay the 99 euro installation fee
    Hi Eh gringo!

The standard procedure when moving in is that the existing account is closed down and a new account is reopened under a different name so the charge would apply as a new account will be in place. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eh gringo!

Bump
    Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Eh gringo!

The standard procedure when moving in is that the existing account is closed down and a new account is reopened under a different name so the charge would apply as a new account will be in place. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    But if it is already installed why would their be an installation fee ??

Bump
    Hi there, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Eh gringo!

Thanks 

Tracey 
    This would be an activation fee, once the service is cancelled a technician will be needed out to connect it up again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I assume the projection date was missed

Bump
    Hi there,

The connection charge is normally free on a promotional basis.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Eh gringo!

The standard procedure when moving in is that the existing account is closed down and a new account is reopened under a different name so the charge would apply as a new account will be in place.

Thanks

Tracey
    This would be an activation fee, once the service is cancelled a technician will be needed out to connect it up again.

Thanks

Tracey
    So you are saying you charge the same 99 installation fee for a complete new install requiring cabling etc as you do for an electronic activation which takes a few seconds. All other providers give either completely free reactivation or greatly reduced installation fee if you had a previous install done.

I assume the projection date was missed
    Hi there, 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement