Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asus extreme viii and i7 6700k

Options
  • 01-05-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question so i can get other opinions on this..I have an asus extreme viii board and a i7 6700k.
    Question 1..how much are they worth second hand
    question 2.Would a i7 8700k and z370 board be much of an upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

1. Around €240~ CPU (lost a chunk of value due to industry move to 6+ cores), Motherboard €250+ (hard to price, wouldn't devalue too much, still a high end overclocking board).
    2. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gastarbeiter

Go for the #2 if you have money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't say you would even get more than €180 for the 6700K now realistically. It's really a bad time to be selling to upgrade, with the introduction of improved Ryzen CPUs and new 6 core Intel i7's and i5's.

Whether or not it's an upgrade? Depends on the context - for games, not really. For productivity, yes it's an upgrade.

For gaming at least, I'd definitely stick with the 6700K. It's not going to be the weak link in any gaming PC.

Advertisement