Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and French or Law and Business ?

Options
  • 02-05-2018 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    I'm a 5th year student that's having a bit of a dilemma as to what course to have on my CAO next year 😅

My main point of concern is what would be better; law with Business or with French ?
    Particularly with regards employability, as I find each as interesting as the other.

I'd love to work abroad, and (eventually ?) with the UN, EU or another NGO. So I suppose that will be a major factor in what I should choose.

If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it !
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 twiz

From what I know, it won't make a huge difference ultimately if you want to work abroad, as long as you have a good level of the language of the country. Just be aware that Law with French generally means Law with French Law - French Law being taught through French. You won't come out with a degree that will qualify you to be a French solicitor or avocat however - unless you do the BCL maitrise offered in UCD (for which a very high standard of French is required). Law with Business will probably involve maths. Look up the modules you study for the courses you're considering, and be aware that it may be different in different universities. Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Personally I think you should do Law with Business and part-time teach yourself French.

Your future French employer would care if you have an academic understanding of 17th century French poetry. They will just care if you can read/write/speak French.

Advertisement