Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 37 Captain/Triple Captain poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

CSF wrote: »
    Why do people think there is less chance of Sterling sitting out a game? Sane did, Walker did. Think Pep is trying to give games out to as many people as possible before the season ends so I would think you’re going to see Sane and Bernardo Silva occupy those positions for one game (couldn’t even begin to hazard a guess at which one) before the season ends.

Agreed Sterling will get rested or at best come off the bench for one of these games I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Why do people think there is less chance of Sterling sitting out a game? Sane did, Walker did. Think Pep is trying to give games out to as many people as possible before the season ends so I would think you’re going to see Sane and Bernardo Silva occupy those positions for one game (couldn’t even begin to hazard a guess at which one) before the season ends.

Agreed Sterling will get rested or at best come off the bench for one of these games I'd say
    I think City might be a situation where if you don’t start a game you’re unlikely to come off the bench either. The sub appearances seem to be going to the likes of Toure, Mendy, Foden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Why the **** did I waste my TC in gw 22

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »

It made sense at the time. Only my team was in such a mess and ended up wildcarding that gw I probably would have too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

I think City might be a situation where if you don’t start a game you’re unlikely to come off the bench either. The sub appearances seem to be going to the likes of Toure, Mendy, Foden.

This is the absolute correct take. Toure might even start the last few games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Islander13 wrote: »
    This is the absolute correct take. Toure might even start the last few games
    No chance. City aren't playing for any cups so their best players will play the remainder of their games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

stephenl15 wrote: »

You got the disappointment over early, some of us are going to live in hope for the next 7 days only to be equally disappointed when it’s over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

City are going for the elusive 100 points in a season. They have to be looking to play their best team for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

On Jesus at the minute.

Kanes relatively poor form and fitness and Spurs up against a resurgent WBA and NEW has me doubting him.....but he is more explosive.....and is going for Golden Boot....and scored about 20 goals in the last 2 matches last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

TC Sterling.... I think.

Harry will probably bag a DGW DHT (Double Game Week Double Hat Trick) just to spite me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

No one on Arnie?

I'm still undecided but currently on Jesus (c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sterling is the form pick.

But Kane is just so fúcking explosive, even though he's off form, that I'm turning.

Think I’m going with Sterling for TC.

It’s between himself, Jesus and Kane and there are reasons to captain either of the three.

Kane will play 180 minutes and has penalties but isn’t in great form and West Brom are digging in for their current manager and Newcastle are no pushovers.

Sterling is the obvious choice imo but he could easily start one of the games from the bench.

Jesus seems to be playing the Firmino role so can be fairly deep and is as likely to set up chances rather than score. He could also be off penalties now and he is also at risk of rotation. It is Pep after all.

Sane would be a great differential but he blew his audition last week as he was far too indecisive in front of goal.

Having just put my thoughts down I still don’t feel any the wiser. I’m ruling out Kane so it’s Jesus or Sterling amd Sterling was my first choice when the last gameweek ended so I think that’s where I’ll go.

One thing I’m sure of is I’ll avoid Defoe for the TC.

Maybe next year Jermain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pep: "We're going to try and involve all of our players in the last three games."

• Registered Users Posts: 21 EarlSlick

Pep: "We're going to try and involve all of our players in the last three games."

Kane TC it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone punting on Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

All of players including bravo I’d say !!!!!
    This is going to be utter carnage isn’t it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane TC to score a double Hatty, mon 'Arry

km79 wrote: »
    All of players including bravo I’d say !!!!!
    This is going to be utter carnage isn’t it

Bravo has only featured in 1 game.

3 games left means he won't make the minimum of 5 appearances including substitute to get a medal. So why do it Pep?

Going to switch to Kane now anyway. He's hungry for the golden boot and if he converts even 1/4 of his chances that he'll likely get it'll be a good week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Head says Kane. Heart says Sterling.

You win this time, head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bravo has only featured in 1 game.

3 games left means he won't make the minimum of 5 appearances including substitute to get a medal. So why do it Pep?

Going to switch to Kane now anyway. He's hungry for the golden boot and if he converts even 1/4 of his chances that he'll likely get it'll be a good week.

Dont think that how it works,think the new way is there a given a certain amount of medals and there handed out by the club.

Dont think that how it works,think the new way is there a given a certain amount of medals and there handed out by the club.

Looks like we're both kind right :Dw

From wikipedia
    Since the 2012–13 season, a player needs to have played in a minimum of five matches for a title-winning team to qualify for a medal.[3] This is down from the previous standard of ten matches played.[4] At the discretion of the Premier League board, additional medals can be awarded to players who played less than five matches.[5] This special dispensation is usually reserved for back-up goalkeepers and outfield players who did not make the minimum number of appearances through injury.[6][7] For the first season, players received a miniature version of the trophy rather than a medal.[8]

So Bravo doesn't have to play anyway to get a special dispensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11291057/who-gets-a-premier-league-winners-medal-for-manchester-city

Who gets a winners' medal?

You need to have played five Premier League games for the champions to be eligible for a winners' medal. However, City will be given 40 commemorative medals in total, so once those players who have qualified for a medal have received theirs, the club can decide which members of the coaching staff, officials and other players also receive one.

With four league games to go, here's a list of appearances made by Man City players this season:

Ederson - 35
    Kevin De Bruyne - 35
    Nicolas Otamendi - 33
    Bernardo Silva - 32
    Fernandinho - 31
    Kyle Walker - 31
    Raheem Sterling - 31
    Leroy Sane - 29
    David Silva - 28
    Ilkay Gundogan - 27
    Gabriel Jesus - 26
    Sergio Aguero - 25
    Danilo - 21
    Fabian Delph - 20
    John Stones - 16
    Vincent Kompany - 16
    Eliaquim Mangala - 9
    Yaya Toure - 9
    Oleksandr Zinchenko - 7
    Aymeric Laporte - 7
    Benjamin Mendy - 5
    Phil Foden - 4
    Brahim Diaz - 3
    Claudio Bravo - 1
    Lukas Nmecha - 1

For those curious. Only 21 players over 5 appearances already this season, appearances for Foden and Toure it seems like anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TC on Kane at the moment but I couldn't be any less excited. Would love to throw it on Arnie for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Wilberto wrote: »
    Head says Kane. Heart says Sterling.

You win this time, head.

I think it comes down to where you are in your leagues. The safe option is Kane, his guaranteed to play both games.

I'm chasing and this is my last chance of cutting the gap to the guys in front of me.

So reluctantly I'm gambling on Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Looks like we're both kind right :Dw

From wikipedia

So Bravo doesn't have to play anyway to get a special dispensation.

I'm rarely right so I'll gladly take half right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Changed TC to Kane from Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Changed TC to Kane from Jesus

Did the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sticking the triple captaincy on Kane. Been my plan for weeks so not going to change.

wJgxA2RkOzAZ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Kane for me

Advertisement