Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 37 Captain/Triple Captain poll

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Back on Kane for the TC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Captain Disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Pep: "We're going to try and involve all of our players in the last three games."

Since I don't have any Arsenal attackers that seals it. Boring Kane (TC).

Though If Harry could be as boring as his TC return last year (5 goals over 2 games that was right?)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Sticking with Sterling coz I'm a stubborn bugger who loves a gamble.

Kane double hattrick incoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sterling TC. Stuck with my gut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

kane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

manual_man wrote: »
    Sterling TC. Stuck with my gut

If this is to end in fire, then we should all burn together...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Oooooooh... I had forgotten to activate TC :eek:, just confirmed it seconds before the deadline.

Feckin' stupid game! Feckin' silly brain (of mine)! And, most of all, monster feckin' phew :o.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Sterling TC

:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kane TC, I'm a glutton for punishment.

• Advertisement

If this is to end in fire, then we should all burn together...

All aboard the Raheem wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

back to jesusTC for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did the same

back to jesusTC for me

Traitor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    Sterling TC

I mustn't have saved it properly.

Kane TC

:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    I mustn't have saved it properly.

Kane TC

:o

Might be for luck........

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Traitor!!

Late Judas move to jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Had kane (tc) since Tuesday after scrapping my initial plan to BB (before I realised I had sh1t on my bench).
    At 1800 I lost my nerve and moved to Jesus. Then at 1859 panicked and moved to sterling. What was I thinking? May Robbie of the Fowlers have mercy on my soul!

That Brighton result against United should suit anyone that has captained Sterling or Jesus as surely they’ll be on the lash and will be a tad fcuked for the midweek game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That Brighton result against United should suit anyone that has captained Sterling or Jesus as surely they’ll be on the lash and will be a tad fcuked for the midweek game.
    Yeah, however, with title presentation being Sunday that’s also the game where you’d expect City to do the most of their rotation.

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, however, with title presentation being Sunday that’s also the game where you’d expect City to do the most of their rotation.

I didn’t not see much rotation in the pursuit of 100 points.

• Advertisement

I didn’t not see much rotation in the pursuit of 100 points.
    I mean, I get the logic. I'm sure I read something where Pep said everyone would get gametime between now and the end of the season but now I can't find it.

I mean, I get the logic. I'm sure I read something where Pep said everyone would get gametime between now and the end of the season but now I can't find it.

And it's not like they can't still win those games whilst rotating the likes of bernado Silva in !!!!
    There will 100%be 3 to 4 changes each game

he did say that. But that could also mean fringe players come on late when they have the game wrapped up. One thing i think is certain is that Yaya starts vs Brighton. His last game ever in front of the home fans

manual_man wrote: »
    he did say that. But that could also mean fringe players come on late when they have the game wrapped up. One thing i think is certain is that Yaya starts vs Brighton. His last game ever in front of the home fans
    So if we take him relatively literally, outside what would appear to be the first 11 (and those who are obviously unavailable), you're talking about Bravo, Mendy, Laporte, Stones, Delph, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Yaya Toure, Zinchenko, Foden, Diaz and Nmecha playing some football.

I would be inclined to not take him literally on that and would be surprised if every single person on that list above does play minutes, but I'm also interested to see how many of them actually start games. My impression is that Pep is generally a decent sort who won't want to interfere in the relegation race by fielding a weakened team against teams fighting down there, so I'm inclined to think that the bulk of any rotation will happen against Brighton.

I think Bernardo Silva starts that one ahead of Raheem Sterling, and Yaya starts ahead of De Bruyne, but really these things are guesswork at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any importance attached to combined goals and assists? Sterling is joint with Kane behind Mo. I'm clutching at anti rotation straws here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Today - Trophy presentation
    Wednesday - Last home game of season
    Sunday - Southampton playing to avoid relegation

As many reasons to assume minimal rotation as heavy rotation.

Benimar wrote: »

I couldn’t agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The way I see it is that the trophy presentation match will be treated as the victory lap if you will. Now that Brighton are safe, it gives Pep the chance to give the fringe players a run out.

I can see the likes of Touré, Bilva, Zinchenko and Foden starting against Brighton. I'd expect Sterling, KDB, Dilva to be given a rest on Wednesday. It will be more or less full strength against Southampton on the last day then. As Touré will be leaving City at the end of the season, Pep will surely want to give him decent minutes as he bows out.

Todsy is to all intents and purposes the last home game
    They get the trophy , do the lap of honor etc
    I'm surprised its not the Brighton game but maybe city requested it today as it's a weekend game

Brighton game is a free hit now. There is no obligation from EITHER team to any other team . They can play who they want. Yaya is a certainty to start that one. Gracie could as well if he is moving on which he might. Stones, zivencho, Foden........back to normal for saints game then due to the importance of it

Brighton will also rotate. Murray won't start imo

Just seen scorpions post saying same thing !

• Advertisement

Who knows what team will be put out on Wednesday. So a Jesus 13 pointer today is required.

Advertisement